Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Martin Hash

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 am

BjornP wrote: Of course, the now defunct and outdated American term of "an armed society is a polite society" applied to an era when America's culture was an honor-based culture, like most of the rest of Western cultures. This culture is dead and buried and replaced with victimhood culture at all levels of American society, no matter the political or ethnic affiliation. Honor cultures sought to restore a balance of justice to the percieved aggrieved party, victimhood culture wallows in being wronged.
This happened as State violence began to far outweigh personal violence. The aggrieved are not afraid the people they insult will respond as they did in the past. Politeness requires balanced threat.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 am

BjornP wrote: How do you stop suicidal terrorists? You stop them from wanting to be suicidal terrorists by not wanting them to be suicidal terrorists.
I don't want them to be suicidal terrorists, unfortunately this seems to have no effect.
Limiting the rights of hate preachers to encourage them to be suicidal terrorists seems like a reasonable infringement of the right to free speech.
Of course, ending discrimination, alienation and demonisation against them may also help.
In court this week the judge concluded that the man found guilty of driving into a crowd of worshipers at the Finsbury Mosque was radicalised by reading hate filled far right literature from the likes of Britain first and direct communication from Tommy Robinson so it works both ways.
Even in the US there is no absolute right to freedom of speech, there are many things you can't say without being prosecuted. If I were to stand on a street corner calling for people to kill all Muslims I would be breaking the law. I see the banning of hate speech as a natural extension of that prohibition.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:47 am

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
Hobbes went down a dead-end road, based on seriously flawed premises.

As this forum demonstrates, he's not the only person affected with a big old dose of psychological egoism.

:goteam: :drunk:
Let's forget Hobbes himself or the rest of his philosophy. What part of the argument I just made do you have trouble with?
I didn't think I was disagreeing with the statement that the difference between us and chimps, sharks, &c., is reason.

Reason is the reason we don't need the a "social contract" administered by the amorphous "state."

There are more options than just (a.) Hobbes Natural War and (b.) man-made war. Humans can actually act cooperatively to create peace and material property, if just left alone by the rent-seekers.

Only in the context of the small gang has this worked, however. The more people you include in the society, the less likely people are going to "act cooperatively to create peace and material property". This is especially true as you increase differences amongst the people forming the group.

Default stateless society is what you find in the paleolithic. In-group harmony is achievable. But there are lots of groups and it's mostly a state of war between them.

This is an alternate implication behind si vis pacem, para bellum. In other words: if you want to live in a stateless society of harmonious relationships, then you are going to get constant war with all the other harmonious stateless societies; If you want to maximize peace, then you must make war in order to create a state. War and peace is a paradoxical relationship.

It's a fundamental truth your type refuses to accept, but it's self-evident, really. The state is a kind of peace through violence.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:55 am

Montegriffo wrote:
BjornP wrote: How do you stop suicidal terrorists? You stop them from wanting to be suicidal terrorists by not wanting them to be suicidal terrorists.
I don't want them to be suicidal terrorists, unfortunately this seems to have no effect.
Limiting the rights of hate preachers to encourage them to be suicidal terrorists seems like a reasonable infringement of the right to free speech.
Of course, ending discrimination, alienation and demonisation against them may also help.
In court this week the judge concluded that the man found guilty of driving into a crowd of worshipers at the Finsbury Mosque was radicalised by reading hate filled far right literature from the likes of Britain first and direct communication from Tommy Robinson so it works both ways.
Even in the US there is no absolute right to freedom of speech, there are many things you can't say without being prosecuted. If I were to stand on a street corner calling for people to kill all Muslims I would be breaking the law. I see the banning of hate speech as a natural extension of that prohibition.
NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

I await your United Kuckdom police. Tell them I'm at 555 USA.

Fuck you

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:57 am

Montegriffo wrote:

Or you can stop importing alien peoples into your country causing you to have to set fire to all your civil liberties because they keep trying to kill you..

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:27 am

Montegriffo wrote:

Or you can stop importing alien peoples into your country causing you to have to set fire to all your civil liberties because they keep trying to kill you..
But who would tarmac our driveways if we stopped importing Irish catholics?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:37 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

But who would tarmac our driveways if we stopped importing Irish catholics?

Yourselves.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:08 pm

So lucky that only the left are violent...
https://www.thelocal.it/20180203/six-to ... y-shooting

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:10 pm

What the hell do you think happens when you dump millions of third worlders onto an a group of people? Are you globalist faggots really this stupid?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What the hell do you think happens when you dump millions of third worlders onto an a group of people? Are you globalist faggots really this stupid?
Ignoring the hypocrisy of your name calling (which you spent so much time admonishing DB for....
What I think is that the vast majority of them do no harm and contribute to society where they are given the opportunity but far right nationalists exploit any examples of criminality to demonise them as a whole.
The suspect for the murder of an Italian girl is already in custody so this random attack on anyone with black skin is a prime example of this.