SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Smitty-48

Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:56 pm
Just downloaded MGS2 and 3 to my new Vita. Got a $50 free code from Sony Rewards. The shoot house just got a little cozier.
Yeah, loves me some MGS, I could replay the two latest ones, I got Gran Turismo too

I'm still in the playing with my guns phase,

but as the war drags on I surely will get into some vidya games eventually

I'm just pacing myself for a long war

We're still in the path of the Blitzkrieg right now

High Drama

Mozart & Pavarotti

Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:37 pm

Trump has handed the United States to the banks. Fed is now authorized by the treasury to buy stocks, junk bonds, cow poop, whatever, with taxpayer-backed funds.

You want a real criticism of trump? This is going down in history as the end of Breton Woods.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:39 pm

I don't feel the need to try to catch a falling knife

I made my nut with the Bulls, stepped off onto a lifeboat just as it corrected

Now my appetite for risk is low

I'll just wait until it fully recovers then park some back into dividend paying equity

In the meantime I'm big pimpin' with my wife working for the MICC

Biological Warfare
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:48 pm

I was weaned on Soylent Green after all

So this is in fact like the dystopic future I envisioned myself living in by the 2020's

If we survived the thermonuclear war

Except my female love interest is even cuter than I imagined and my compound is way nicer

Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:55 am
We might need to fight this medieval-style. Lock down our communities. Strict isolation and contact tracing within our communities when infections arise. Turn away strangers if possible, and otherwise require a strict quarantine (the true meaning of the term: 40 days) before they are allowed contact with our communities. Start allocating land and resources to produce our own food and quarantine all goods coming into our little zones.

The mistake here is that we are trying to solve this problem globally first, then nationally, then by state, and so on. It's completely fucking backwards. We have a lot of control outside the cesspool cities to establish enforceable perimeters. We can round up the New Yorkers and other pandemic travelers and kick them out (they can always return home so it's not like you are hurting them -- they are hurting you and trying to appeal to a false altruism to take advantage of you, which is what urbanites always do to the rest of the country). Even in areas that are somewhat smaller in population, but sprawled out, you can break that up and defend neighborhoods, etc.

We need to work on how we do groceries and supplies in a big way. Little things like handling produce and boxes and then putting them back must end for the time being. One-way isles enforced. Strict limits on the numbers of people allowed in the store. Bust out the front windows and put in windows that open to the outside to get fresh air inside instead of central air conditioning. Maybe even not allow people to go into the store at all. Place your order online and pick that shit up. All grocery store employees must be properly gloved and masked, same with distribution, and no close contact with the customers at all. No loading shit into the vehicles. Employee leaves cart next to the vehicle and the customer loads it himself.

Oh, and this trend of people spitting on things and trying to infect others on purpose: death penalty. Not even joking. Anybody who does that needs to go.
That is pretty much what we’ve been doing in Australia for the last couple of weeks. States have closed their borders, big fines for being out and about without a good reason or in groups of more than 2 people (that aren’t immediate family). Bag your own groceries, only x amount of people allowed in the supermarket at the same time etc etc. We aren’t doing the death penalty thing but most states have pushed through severe penalties for deliberately coughing on someone. I think I heard 10 years jail in one of the states, but don’t quote me on that- the information is flying that fast it’s hard to keep on top of it, plus I live in one state and work in another (a literal 6 minute drive) so I have to be across the laws of 2 states and tend not to pay too much attention to thing other states are doing or anything that doesn’t affect me (like being a fuckhead and spitting on someone)
It’s hard, and they inform us we can expect 6 months of it, but it seems to be working. Thank fuck I have a job (which also has a million and one new rules so we are nowhere near each other, and the place is sanitised every couple of hours) so I’m not stuck in the house 24 / 7, or I’d be climbing the walls, but it’s worth the pain.
The latest that I heard last night is that the cops will be road blocking the area over Easter to stop any dickhead tourists that attempt to come here (the population of many towns around here treble at this time of year). I guarantee they’ll get a bunch of people, and it will cost each of those idiots thousands.
Carlin delenda est

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Are abo's still allowed to perform their rain dances and do religious tribal rituals or must those be done in groups of 3 or less? If the police crack down on that, you can expect a drought, believe that.
Shikata ga nai

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:33 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:26 pm
Are abo's still allowed to perform their rain dances and do religious tribal rituals or must those be done in groups of 3 or less? If the police crack down on that, you can expect a drought, believe that.
They actually are. Probably why it rained last night. The outback communities were the first to have visitation bans put on them. I doubt you’d convince them not to hang in groups, so the best way seems to be to not let the virus into the communities in the first place, coz if it does get in it will kill them like flies given their poor heath to begin with.
Carlin delenda est

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:33 pm
heydaralon wrote:
They actually are. Probably why it rained last night. The outback communities were the first to have visitation bans put on them. I doubt you’d convince them not to hang in groups, so the best way seems to be to not let the virus into the communities in the first place, coz if it does get in it will kill them like flies given their poor heath to begin with.
I can't imagine their health is all that bad. They look amazing. I'd be curious as to what skin care regimens they do that allow them to look so youthful...
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:09 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm
Manwithnoname wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:33 pm
heydaralon wrote:
I can't imagine their health is all that bad. They look amazing. I'd be curious as to what skin care regimens they do that allow them to look so youthful...
LOL

hey who knows. They might be the only humans immune to this shit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:17 pm

New York City is digging mass graves to bury the bodies, so that's Spanish Flu like

Even if it is not THE Spanish Flu, it is having similar effects to the system in terms of shock & awe

This certainly feels like the Century Pandemic we've been waiting for, even if not the Doomsday Bug as of yet

I mean, they are losing more people a day in New York right now than used to be lost in a month in Vietnam
Nec Aspera Terrent