10%

Total votes: 10

StCapps

Re: MHF Democrat Primary Poll

Post by StCapps » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:23 am
‘Polls’.
If you think the polls are so far off that Tulsi actually has huge support, you're delusional.
If you think the polls are so far off that Biden isn't the frontrunner, you're delusional.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
‘Polls’.
If you think the polls are so far off that Tulsi actually has huge support, you're delusional.
If you think the polls are so far off that Biden isn't the frontrunner, you're delusional.
I don’t think they’re ‘off’, I think you’re shown what they want to show you. I’m not even convinced these polls exist at all.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:06 am
StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
‘Polls’.
I don’t think they’re ‘off’, I think you’re shown what they want to show you. I’m not even convinced these polls exist at all.
I think you don't know shit about polls, so you just dismiss them out of hand, instead of being rational and simply taking them with a grain of salt.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am

StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
‘Polls’.
I learned from '16 that the polls were consistently 10-20 points skewed toward the favored Dem candidate.

My guess is they craft their questions to get the results they desire, but those results don't reflect reality.

However, as I said after the Debate. While Tulsi was really strong going after Kamala and some other responses, she simply was not well prepared for other, fairly easy questions too. She has a lot of work to do. Also, Klamydia and Creepy Joe got almost 2x as much speaking time. Then during the polling period in the days immediately following the debate all the Corporate media was running pro Harris, Biden, Warren, and attacking Tulsi constantly with the Assad Apologist line.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am

maybe she could stand out more if the rest of the pack wasnt so fucking crazy. she needs to get on that next debate stage, 3% poll qualification is beyond do-able if some of these other clowns drop out

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:18 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:15 am
maybe she could stand out more if the rest of the pack wasnt so fucking crazy. she needs to get on that next debate stage, 3% poll qualification is beyond do-able if some of these other clowns drop out
Yeah, I tend to think if she can make the mid September debates she can break through a bunch of the news blackout on Tulsi.

Checking Realclear politics polling over time. Believe it or not, E Warren is on a fairly steady track of gaining more and more support. Pocahontas could be a contender.
PLATA O PLOMO

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 am

taking two weeks off the campaign to serve the country isnt going to do her any favors with a hostile corporate press
Tulsi Gabbard will take a two-week break from the 2020 Democratic presidential campaign trail to join the Army National Guard for a training exercise in Indonesia.

The Hawaii representative, 38, will squeeze in a visit to the Hawkeye State for the Iowa State Fair before she leaves later this week, a campaign spokesman told the Washington Examiner on Tuesday.

"We’ve got a strong people-powered campaign, and so we’re working on making sure that our folks are out and they’re continuing to go to the fairs and the town halls and sharing our message as I will be stepping away from the campaign for two weeks to fulfill my duty to the Army National Guard," Gabbard told ABC this week.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... n-deadline

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am
StCapps wrote:
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
‘Polls’.
I learned from '16 that the polls were consistently 10-20 points skewed toward the favored Dem candidate.

My guess is they craft their questions to get the results they desire, but those results don't reflect reality.

However, as I said after the Debate. While Tulsi was really strong going after Kamala and some other responses, she simply was not well prepared for other, fairly easy questions too. She has a lot of work to do. Also, Klamydia and Creepy Joe got almost 2x as much speaking time. Then during the polling period in the days immediately following the debate all the Corporate media was running pro Harris, Biden, Warren, and attacking Tulsi constantly with the Assad Apologist line.
You learned wrong, the polls only skewed an average of three points toward the favored Dem candidate, which is within the margin of error. The polls during both primaries were fairly accurate, and during the presidential campaign after the nominees were selected, they were only off by 3 points at the end of the day.

Michigan polling in the Dem primary was way off, but that was because they had one poll that was like a month old to go on, otherwise you would have likely seen a close race in Michigan at the very least.

The biggest polling errors occur when there is lack of polls, not a glut of them. Any one poll can be heavily skewed by several points, but an aggregate tends to be within at least 5 points of the results almost every time, usually they are within 3 points, but in 2016 during the presidential election they were slightly more inaccurate than usual, and people are blowing it out of proportion.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:36 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 am
C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:

You learned wrong, the polls only skewed an average of three points toward the favored Dem candidate, which is within the margin of error.
I don't think so.
I watched poll after poll in 2016 calling for a HRC landslide and HRC leading Trump by 30 points or more. After the election there was story after story asking how the polling got it so wrong.

Hell this year they have any Dem upper tier candidate beating Trump by 10-15 points.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:37 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:36 am
StCapps wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 am
C-Mag wrote:

You learned wrong, the polls only skewed an average of three points toward the favored Dem candidate, which is within the margin of error.
I don't think so.
I watched poll after poll in 2016 calling for a HRC landslide and HRC leading Trump by 30 points or more. After the election there was story after story asking how the polling got it so wrong.

Hell this year they have any Dem upper tier candidate beating Trump by 10-15 points.
There was not a single poll where Trump trailed a Democrat by more than 12 points after he became the Republican frontrunner, your memory sucks. The polling didn't go that wrong, they got it wrong, but it was within the margin of error, it was certainly nowhere near poll after poll having HRC up by 30 points or more, that never happened.

The polls this year have Biden and Sanders up by more than they should, but that's to be expected, as match ups always inflate the chances of candidates running against an incumbent until after a nominee is selected. Both of their leads will decrease on Trump after the process goes, and then once Trump starts laying into the nominee, the numbers will get a lot closer.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*