Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:09 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:
The more interesting scenario concerns the other side of the Atlantic: any children they have will be both prince/princesses and American citizens, I believe. While the matter of the British throne is probably mostly academic, there's still the matter of holding American public office. If they grow up wishing to hold any office at all in America, then according to Article 1, Section 9 of the Constitution they will have to renounce their titles of nobility to ascend to office, at least not unless Congress votes to grant them an exception. Or they may just not be allowed at all if they're not allowed renounce their royal status, I have no idea what British law on the matter is.

Also, they may or may not have to live a sufficient amount of time in America. I forgot the exact details as they relate to birthright citizenship or if that's just concerning the matter of the Presidency. So at least we won't have a theoretical "His Highness Prince Whatshisface, President of the United States of America" at least. Thanks, founders!
That only applies to federal office, doesn’t it?

Could still be His Highness, Prince Mayor LaQuan of New Rearsheepshire.
In Britain, as members of the royal family, they are not supposed to get involved in politics. If you are born a Lord like Antony Wegwood Benn you have to renounce your title to become an MP and descend to the commons. Tony Benn, as he became, was one of our most radical left wing politicians for about 40 years.
Ahh, but that only applies to British political office, doesn’t it. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:43 am

The good news is that she is abandoning the Catholic church to become a church of England Protestant.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:28 am

Montegriffo wrote:The good news is that she is abandoning the Catholic church to become a church of England Protestant.
StA:

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:49 am

Montegriffo wrote:The good news is that she is abandoning the Catholic church to become a church of England Protestant.
Lol, good luck there...
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:25 am

The Conservative wrote:
Lol, good luck there...
What do you mean by that?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Lol, good luck there...
What do you mean by that?
Being a Protestant is like being the bastard child of the Catholic religion. I was baptized Protestant, and after I had a choice, I said goodbye to "The Church" overall. It felt to me that sheep were being led to the slaughter by the wolf at the pulpit.
#NotOneRedCent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:45 pm

After (too) many years, the last of the suspected war criminals of the former Yugoslavian civil war recieve their sentences. One, however, decides to pull a Hermann Göring:

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/no ... an-praljak
A former Bosnian Croat general has died after drinking a phial of poison while standing in the dock at a UN tribunal in The Hague, where his war crimes sentence of 20 years was upheld.

Seconds after the judges had delivered their decision at the international criminal tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) on Wednesday, Slobodan Praljak shouted out angrily: “Praljak is not a criminal. I reject your verdict.”

The 72-year-old then raised a small brown bottle to his lips, and drank it in full view of the cameras filming the hearing. “I just drank poison,” he said. “I am not a war criminal. I oppose this conviction.”
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Damn... that's hardcore...

Who drinks poison any more?

That's so Game of Thrones.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Wow. Talk about a war on masculinity. They made it illegal to sell too much BCAAs or to mix creatine with protein powder. :doh:

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Wow. Talk about a war on masculinity. They made it illegal to sell too much BCAAs or to mix creatine with protein powder. :doh:

Doping is "masculinity"? :| You did watch a couple of seconds of the video, right? You can buy both creatine and protein powder, and you can opt out of the cooperation with Anti Doping Denmark as it says in the video, thus avoiding mandatory testing. Of course, police will come knocking if there's suspicion of steroid use, but that's the case in most civilized countries that don't want its male citizens to suffer tragic cases of shrink-dick.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.