Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:44 pm

The second guy. :lol: "We will bring jihad to you. We will bring jihad to you like you have not seen since Jan Sobieski killed your ancestors."

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

:lol:

You really don't understand who these people are. They run the global financial system through their little extra-judicial state in NYC.
FIFY

Otherwise, I don't have any idea wtf you're talking about.

Most of the world's financial institutions have a presence in an extra-judicial state inside of London. It's not part of the UK, really. It stands as a kind of separate entity and it's how most corporations and financial institutions at the very top of the food chain move vast capital around the world to avoid taxes and whatnot. This is how the English royal family remains relevant. That family is actually extremely powerful.

Your video just repudiated your argument. "The queen herself asks permission to enter the City of London".
Pretty sure the royals are not in power there.

Otherwise, it sounds just like Manhattan.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

ssu

Post by ssu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 am

Montegriffo wrote:Not really. The moment the Queen started using her power it would be taken from her by Parliament. We fought a civil war over this and Parliament won.
That's why I said she has a lot of potential power AND that it would take a severe constitutional crisis. I'm not forgetting your civil war (or for the fact, the whole history of England and the British Isles). After all, even if she cannot (even theoretically) dissolve the Parliament anymore, there still is the power "in grave constitutional crisis," that the Sovereign can "act contrary to or without Ministerial advice."

So basically if the British political leadership would end up in the most incompetent hands with a deeply unpopular stalemate, you could see a Monarch saying "Enough".

Just like the Spanish King has no political power, yet he played a big role in getting Spain to be a democracy after Franco's dictatorship. Even now the new king has taken side in the current turmoil in the country.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:48 am

ssu wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Not really. The moment the Queen started using her power it would be taken from her by Parliament. We fought a civil war over this and Parliament won.
That's why I said she has a lot of potential power AND that it would take a severe constitutional crisis. I'm not forgetting your civil war (or for the fact, the whole history of England and the British Isles). After all, even if she cannot (even theoretically) dissolve the Parliament anymore, there still is the power "in grave constitutional crisis," that the Sovereign can "act contrary to or without Ministerial advice."

So basically if the British political leadership would end up in the most incompetent hands with a deeply unpopular stalemate, you could see a Monarch saying "Enough".

Just like the Spanish King has no political power, yet he played a big role in getting Spain to be a democracy after Franco's dictatorship. Even now the new king has taken side in the current turmoil in the country.
Seems to me that is a feature not a big. I'm not so much of a royalist as Smitty but I think a non political head of state is better than most of the alternatives.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:34 am

Ya know... I just realized that Prince Harry’s kids will be Americans.

#WeGonBeKangz

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 am

Defend this!

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:23 am

Nukedog wrote:Image

Defend this!
Pfft, fuck that...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ya know... I just realized that Prince Harry’s kids will be Americans.

#WeGonBeKangz
Perhaps we'll make England the 51st state. Or leave them as a "protectorate" and just take their shit.. So many options..

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ya know... I just realized that Prince Harry’s kids will be Americans.

#WeGonBeKangz
Actually no as Megan is applying for British citizenship
The babies will be purebred subjects of the crown. But at least there will be one fewer mixed race American for Nuke to worry about.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

#WeGonBeKangz
Actually no as Megan is applying for British citizenship
The babies will be purebred subjects of the crown. But at least there will be one fewer mixed race American for Nuke to worry about.
Silly guy. Even if she's a dual-citizen, those babies are considered full-citizenship Americans.

The dream is real...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace