Net Neutrality

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 pm

There’s an argument to be made either way. You could count it as “commute time”, or you could say that since it’s part of the job duties, it should be on the clock. I lean toward the latter.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:23 pm

nmoore63 wrote:

If it was inconsequential or the length of time was within control of the employee (the reasoning behind the law the SCOTUS fucked up), then the original reason would make sense. I.E. its within the employees control how long it takes to put on a uniform.
Unless that is part of the uniform, aka Disney Princesses who walk the park. They are made up by other staff. Putting on your hard hat and vest? Agree.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:There’s an argument to be made either way. You could count it as “commute time”, or you could say that since it’s part of the job duties, it should be on the clock. I lean toward the latter.
Not really. You employer has no control over where you live, what traffic jams will take place, etc.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote: They clock out, THEN go through security screen, which can take 1/2 hour. They don't get paid for that time, but they are not required to leave. You are okay with employers steeling time from workers?
BWHAHAHAH! You never worked for UPS or Fed-Ex did you?

No one is stealing shit, they aren't working, they have clocked out, if it takes them 30 minutes to get out, then so be it...that's life. If you don't like it, look elsewhere...
The problem is that its Amazon that is in control of how fast they leave.

Amazon controls how many security stations there are. How longs those reviews take. How many employees they hire for security.

The time in beyond employee control, and as such the employer should be liable.

If it was inconsequential or the length of time was within control of the employee (the reasoning behind the law the SCOTUS fucked up), then the original reason would make sense. I.E. its within the employees control how long it takes to put on a uniform.
Do you get paid for driving home?
#NotOneRedCent

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:40 pm

Commuting is not the same because where you live is under employee’s control.

If amazon had to pay for the wait time, the wait time would be shorter.

If an employee got paid for commute, commutes would be longer.

See how those incentives work inversely....

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:02 am

nmoore63 wrote:Commuting is not the same because where you live is under employee’s control.

If amazon had to pay for the wait time, the wait time would be shorter.

If an employee got paid for commute, commutes would be longer.

See how those incentives work inversely....
Oh, wait... you mean people should be paid to wait? So what's the excuse you have for the TSA checks? We pay how much for security and we are told to wait?

Oh, what about traffic?

Oh, what about stupid people in line?

You see, there are reasons people wait for things all the time, and it has nothing to do with getting paid...

Remind me again, when I worked for UPS and had a 20 minute wait period in 2001 to get the hell out of there, why none of us cried foul? Perhaps it's because we were thankful to have a job, and didn't care to wait that long?

Sorry, these people are pussies, and need to learn to suck up an iota of inconvenience for a job.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:06 am

Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 am

Kath wrote:Image
You are too, especially in since you want to give people money for doing no work.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 am

The Conservative wrote:

You are too, especially in since you want to give people money for doing no work.
You are comparing standing in line at Starbucks (not required by the employer) to doing an employer required activity. Dolt.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

You are comparing standing in line at Starbucks (not required by the employer) to doing an employer required activity. Dolt.
No, I'm not. Security is security, you want a paycheck you deal with an iota of inconvenience. Sorry, there is no sympathy here... I dealt with this before 9/11 at UPS, and it took twice as long after... and we didn't get paid for it.

So what makes these snowflakes' time more important than mine?
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:00 am

We need to vanquish this merchant mentality from the right.

This equating the right with anything that helps business is part of why the Marxists are so powerful now, and the republicans had lost their way in the 20th century.