#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:31 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:http://motherslittlesteps.com/life-in-e ... ment-32533

I left a comment, I am starting to think I may be a bad person. :lol:
Think?...
I blame you lot. I was as pure as the driven snow before I came here.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:37 pm

BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:
The question did not revolve around wether or not it's a slur. :roll: I exclusively want to know if you understand that its use , again it's use as a slur is real or not.
I already said it was, what part are you having an issue understanding?
Because you said this to Penner regarding "near miss" pointing to the dictionary:
The first definition is the correct, anything after that is the modern age attempting to re-purpose a word.

Look at the word faggot and you'll see what I mean.here is a hint. Faggot of wood.
Iow, what I have trouble understanding is what, if any, distinction you make between a not correct definition of a word and a "modern age attempt to re-purpose" a word. Is there any? Do you, for example, correct co-workers who call a gay person a faggot by telling them: "You're using that word incorrectly. Faggot really means a bundle of sticks"?
Well, of course TC was trying to insult me when I was pointing that the word, "near-miss" is used to describe an event that almost leads to a collision but he seems to be a bit thick.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm

How is it that we have to explain what near-miss means to an adult? We have foreigners who don't even speak English as a native language who understand what it means.

Teacher unions and government schools, man. They have really fucked this nation right in the ass.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:How is it that we have to explain what near-miss means to an adult? We have foreigners who don't even speak English as a native language who understand what it means.

Teacher unions and government schools, man. They have really fucked this nation right in the ass.
I would ask TC since hevwas the one who brought it up.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:59 pm

Penner wrote:
BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
I already said it was, what part are you having an issue understanding?
Because you said this to Penner regarding "near miss" pointing to the dictionary:
The first definition is the correct, anything after that is the modern age attempting to re-purpose a word.

Look at the word faggot and you'll see what I mean.here is a hint. Faggot of wood.
Iow, what I have trouble understanding is what, if any, distinction you make between a not correct definition of a word and a "modern age attempt to re-purpose" a word. Is there any? Do you, for example, correct co-workers who call a gay person a faggot by telling them: "You're using that word incorrectly. Faggot really means a bundle of sticks"?
Well, of course TC was trying to insult me when I was pointing that the word, "near-miss" is used to describe an event that almost leads to a collision but he seems to be a bit thick.
Actually, if I wanted to insult you, I would have called you a ninny, an idiot, a moron, or whatever vernacular you choose to color a person's inability to get something with... I didn't though did I? I'm not StA or GCF...

I was asking a question, which I thought was valid, if you took it as me insulting you, then you need to grow a much thicker skin.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:How is it that we have to explain what near-miss means to an adult? We have foreigners who don't even speak English as a native language who understand what it means.

For the same reason, people use the term fortè wrong...just because "everyone else" uses it incorrectly doesn't mean that the mob mentality is correct.
#NotOneRedCent

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Well I am sure that you saying, " faggot" to was an insult since its either a slur or a bundle of sticks, etc...

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Penner wrote:Well I am sure that you saying, " faggot" to was an insult since its either a slur or a bundle of sticks, etc...
I was using it as an example, nothing more, nothing less... if you choose to make it anything else than that, it's your overactive imagination.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:35 pm

The Conservative wrote:

For the same reason, people use the term fortè wrong...just because "everyone else" uses it incorrectly doesn't mean that the mob mentality is correct.
...actually, it kinda does. Language is just a collection of mutually-agreed expressions, and it evolves constantly. Tweeting was just entered as a word in the dictionaries a few years ago, along with texting, sexting, and a few others that had no meaning prior.

Dickhole.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0