Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Montegriffo

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:32 am

You say degrade, most others say evolve. If not for evolution of the language we'd all still speak the language of Chaucer and would have no word for ''airplane''.
I'm like more upset by like verbal ticks such as adding ''like'' every like other word.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:50 am

Montegriffo wrote:You say degrade, most others say evolve. If not for evolution of the language we'd all still speak the language of Chaucer and would have no word for ''airplane''.
I'm like more upset by like verbal ticks such as adding ''like'' every like Another word.
We would have a word for airplane. We'd also have words adequately defined instead of bastardized to appease the dullards of the world.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:You say degrade, most others say evolve. If not for evolution of the language we'd all still speak the language of Chaucer and would have no word for ''airplane''.
I'm like more upset by like verbal ticks such as adding ''like'' every like Another word.
We would have a word for airplane. We'd also have words adequately defined instead of bastardized to appease the dullards of the world.
Damn TC, why did you incorrect my quote by adding An to other?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:04 am

The Conservative wrote:
BjornP wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
The first definition is the correct, anything after that is the modern age attempting to re-purpose a word.

Look at the word faggot and you'll see what I mean.here is a hint. Faggot of wood.
So it is "incorrect" that the word "faggot" also means (slur for) gay male? It is only the faggot of word definition that is correct? That's what you mean?
It's a slur because we as humans have allowed our language to change/degrade as our culture has become more "stupid" and less eloquent.
You are not replying to the question I pose. Wether or not it is "stupid" is another subject matter. Let me try again: Is it true or false that the word "faggot" is used as a word to describe a gay male?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:07 am

I love our language in its earlier forms. We possess the greatest language in the history of our species. Only the Italians come close.

Icelandic sounds cool as shit, though. I don't get how Scandanavians in general took a language that was scary as fuck and feminized it. But Icelandic still sounds right.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I love our language in its earlier forms. We possess the greatest language in the history of our species. Only the Italians come close.

Icelandic sounds cool as shit, though. I don't get how Scandanavians in general took a language that was scary as fuck and feminized it. But Icelandic still sounds right.
Feminized the language? :think: When was this imaginary event and what excatly was the feminizing element?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:40 am

BjornP wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I love our language in its earlier forms. We possess the greatest language in the history of our species. Only the Italians come close.

Feminized the language? :think: When was this imaginary event and what excatly was the feminizing element?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:45 am

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:47 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
BjornP wrote:

You should worry a little that it was entirely credible that you truly believed in something like that. ;) But fair's fair, you get points for a good bit of self-satirizing. :clap:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 am