An apology

Manwithnoname

Re: An apology

Post by Manwithnoname » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:46 pm

I don’t think anyone- from top doctors, to presidents/PM’s to CEOs to the guy driving the taxi has any idea how this will pan out or what to do. It must be information overload at the top going on how they all change plans every couple of hours.

Spooked is a good word. I’m spooked, but I only know what is drip fed to me, but for governments to trash their economies like they have seems to suggest they are getting told Italy is going to look like a picnic
Carlin delenda est

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:46 pm
I don’t think anyone- from top doctors, to presidents/PM’s to CEOs to the guy driving the taxi has any idea how this will pan out or what to do. It must be information overload at the top going on how they all change plans every couple of hours.

Spooked is a good word. I’m spooked, but I only know what is drip fed to me, but for governments to trash their economies like they have seems to suggest they are getting told Italy is going to look like a picnic
I'm not spooked, I simply give this bug the respect it deserves

BSL3 is biological weapons grade, this is dangerous shit, but at the same time, it's not radioactive fallout

Just operate like you're in the military, there is dangerous shit around, so you follow safety precautions
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:

IMO, they're panicking because they got caught completely over-extended and strung out in the financial world. What actually tipped me off to the whole thing was the massive (and at the time, absurd) Chinese reaction to it. That told me they knew it was catastrophic, and possibly a loosed bioweapon.

I still have my money on some Chinese fuckup, letting loose a stolen weapon by accident.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:02 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm
Manwithnoname wrote:

IMO, they're panicking because they got caught completely over-extended and strung out in the financial world. What actually tipped me off to the whole thing was the massive (and at the time, absurd) Chinese reaction to it. That told me they knew it was catastrophic, and possibly a loosed bioweapon.

I still have my money on some Chinese fuckup, letting loose a stolen weapon by accident.
It's not an engineered weapon, it's zoonotic, but they could have been storing it in their lab for research

If a pandemic broke out around Fort Detrick, nobody would believe it didn't come from there

And Wuhan is where the Chinese have their Fort Detrick
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:04 pm

And that's why, if this gets really bad, it could raise tensions to the brink of war
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 pm

This is why they are not locked down in totally militarized countries like Taiwan & Singapore

Everybody is in the military in Taiwan & Singapore for all intents purposes, so they all follow strict procedure

We are locked down here, because if they didn't, people would ignore the instructions
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm

This is how it is within the military as well

Elite troops are given latitude

Recruits are locked down all the time

So basically you've just been drafted

This is what conscription looks like
Nec Aspera Terrent

Manwithnoname

Post by Manwithnoname » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:17 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm
Manwithnoname wrote:

Yep. An accident plus ‘it’s the economy stupid’ fits what I think too. The fall out is going to be spectacular, but as Smitty said it’s not WW3, just a grande mal FUBAR
Carlin delenda est

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:11 pm
Zoolander is coming for Capps

SIFCLFs gonna SIFCLF and pretend like they are morally superior for destroying the economy, who knew?
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:17 pm
but as Smitty said it’s not WW3
No, but it is full mobilization for war and everybody has essentially been conscripted at this point.
Nec Aspera Terrent