Europe, Boring Until it's Not

TheReal_ND

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 pm

C-Mag wrote::shock:

A Blueprint for the future of Europe ?
In October European Intellectuals drafted a Manifesto for Europe
https://thetrueeurope.eu/a-europe-we-can-believe-in/
I haven't seen this but it looks Identitarian AF. I have no idea who is behind this and their website doesn't suggest anything at first glance. I'll have to do some research on this. Ironically this was recently released by some "think group," of academics.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Nukedog wrote:
C-Mag wrote::shock:

A Blueprint for the future of Europe ?
In October European Intellectuals drafted a Manifesto for Europe
https://thetrueeurope.eu/a-europe-we-can-believe-in/
I haven't seen this but it looks Identitarian AF. I have no idea who is behind this and their website doesn't suggest anything at first glance. I'll have to do some research on this. Ironically this was recently released by some "think group," of academics.

Not identitarian. Standard (Central) European Conservatism rhetoric. I can get behind most of it, but the anti-egalitarian sentiment and mooning over a return to clear hierachies is a cultural anathema to me, and would be to most Danes, and Scandinavians in general, I suspect. That's what makes it a not very useful blueprint for anything, tbh. There is plenty of anti-EU-federalism on the European left, especially the hard left. The EU as a "United States of Europe" is not a project of "the left", after all, and never was. Churchill was an advocate of a USE. This manifesto can help mobilize some of the National Liberal and Conservative European anti-federalists, but there's not much there that would appeal to a Social Democrat - the largest political grouping on the European left-of-center stage, nevermind to the left of a Social Democrat. There's could also be some Liberal and Social Liberal parties who'd object to the Christianity angle, as well.

Edit: Nvm. Thought you thought the manifesto Carlus posted was what was identitarian.

Edit the Edit: Nvm the nvm, then... 8-)
Last edited by BjornP on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:07 pm

I did. I'm just skimming it though. It seems hardly different from any Identitarian policy on the face at first glance. I think you guys are just confused because MUH NEO NAZIS

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:11 pm

And stop associating Identitarians as right wing. Just because many of them espouse right wing policies like myself, does not make an Identitarian movement right wing. My philosophy is that we can worry about tax policies as soon as we secure the future of our people. In America, its shaky as fuck.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm

The reason I don't place them in the same context as groups like Nordfront is because I happen to have googled the names of the people who signed the document. A mixture of Conservatives, at least one Christian Democrat, and a Liberal-Conservative.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:17 pm

They literally cribbed an Identetarian screed and left out naming Jews for their open borders corrosiveness and disproportionate power in politics and media. Here's another screed that's been tamed, while a bit long winded, it's essentially the same thing.

http://bloodandsoil.org/manifesto/

Well they are also fascist and not democratic liberals but still. A lot of the same talking points

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Nukedog wrote:And stop associating Identitarians as right wing. Just because many of them espouse right wing policies like myself, does not make an Identitarian movement right wing. My philosophy is that we can worry about tax policies as soon as we secure the future of our people. In America, its shaky as fuck.
Are you thinking that calling someone right wing is an accusation, Nuke?

When they're referred to as right wing, no one is talking about tax policy. The left-right scale I grew up with, placed radicalism on the left, and conservatism (meaning those who sought to conserve society as it was) on the right. Neither radicalism nor conservatism are really ideologies, they're just reactions. Tax policy is not a useful indicator in that context. Identitarians like the French ones are right-wing, just like Nordfront is far right because they're nationalists, and they're always on the right no matter if they love the welfare state or support UBI and let multinationals pay 60% of their income in taxes.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Well that just doesn't make any sense. Elaborate.

Or don't, I don't actually care. Conservative means to lose ground less rapidly. They are progressives from twenty years ago. I guess that makes me a progressive.

Actually, I consider equality minded progressive policies to be ultimately regressive so I'm probably more progressive than progressives.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Nukedog wrote:Well that just doesn't make any sense. Elaborate.
Let me make it brief, then. When I look up "identitarian" I get this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identitarian_movement

IOW right-wing.

It's also anti-European in the anti-national sense, for the same reason ssu elaborated on earlier. European peoples are not "whites" in any ethnic sense, unlike white North Americans. Actual Europeans who label themselves "white" and create a shared identity based solely or primarily on that, are as alien to European traditional cultures as a Bengali who won't use the toilet but wipes his ass with his hands... and about as welcome by most of society. Those people do not belong, indeed go out of their way to signal how utterly foreign they are - and worst of all - want to be. They're like the European progressives who - and this has started to emerge among Danish progressives lately, too - have started adopting the talk of "white privilege" and referring to themselves "whites". Something virtually no one did in a real racial or ethnic sense just five years ago.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 am

Doesn't make sense. They don't advocate for pan Europeanism or anything. Some do, like Richard Spencer of the Alt-Right, but generally it's just the concept that Europeans have a right to their homelands and their cities. Many people feel like it's under threat.