Social Justice Warriors Thread

Zlaxer

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Haumana wrote: Home school?

Nah - Schools where I live are some of the top white privilege public in the country.....

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri May 11, 2018 1:30 pm

Kath wrote:Girl legos? When I was a kid, we just had legos. What makes them "girly?"

I would have not been happy if my legos were pink. blech.
They have Lego "Friends" and a bunch of licensed Disney and other licensed products.

My daughter is naturally drawn more to those, but she like Star Wars and other "boy" Legos as well. Lots of girls like the "girl" stuff, and lots of boys like the "boy" stuff. Forcing gender neutrality is far worse than giving options that encourage girls to build something while still being girly
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:31 pm

California wrote:
Kath wrote:Girl legos? When I was a kid, we just had legos. What makes them "girly?"

I would have not been happy if my legos were pink. blech.
They have Lego "Friends" and a bunch of licensed Disney and other licensed products.

My daughter is naturally drawn more to those, but she like Star Wars and other "boy" Legos as well. Lots of girls like the "girl" stuff, and lots of boys like the "boy" stuff. Forcing gender neutrality is far worse than giving options that encourage girls to build something while still being girly

I don't want my daughter to be a butch....Sophisticated STEM is good by me...

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:35 pm

Googles STEM Women.....tons of chemists....why does Chemistry appeal to chicks more than Computer Science?

Chemists chicks way better looking than Comp Sci chicks...on average....

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Zlaxer wrote:On a side note - anyone have advice for social engineering young girls to become STEMs? Just found out I have a daughter on the way 8-)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats man. That's really great news.

I've been teaching one of my nieces math, she's years ahead of her peers. Shes in fourth grade and shes doing simple algebra. So just keep doing math with them, the schools are so damn slow. If she shows any interest, she'll be killing it.

I should say I haven't had much luck with some of the nephews, they just can't be bothered to enjoy math, or any other academics. At least some of them like legos. But it's okay though. We get to shoot BB guns and play with bugs and stuff and they are good beer fetchers.

Also, I should mention, I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and basically all of the girls are way ahead of the boys academically. Dunno what that's about. I hope the boys will come around later.

Congrats again man, that super cool.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:39 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Zlaxer wrote: Also, I should mention, I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and basically all of the girls are way ahead of the boys academically. Dunno what that's about. I hope the boys will come around later.

Thanks!

My suspicion is that boys brains take longer to develop since their more "plastic" than female brains....its like neural networks...the more powerful...the longer it takes to train....but the wider the function the net can learn....

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Shit...that last one's going to get me into trouble.... :oops:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Daughters are for your wife. (You'll find out.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:
Zlaxer wrote: Also, I should mention, I have a lot of nieces and nephews, and basically all of the girls are way ahead of the boys academically. Dunno what that's about. I hope the boys will come around later.

Thanks!

My suspicion is that boys brains take longer to develop since their more "plastic" than female brains....its like neural networks...the more powerful...the longer it takes to train....but the wider the function the net can learn....

Paging DrY..

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 pm

California wrote: Forcing gender neutrality is far worse than giving options that encourage girls to build something while still being girly
You extrapolated a whole lot from my one sentence. :lol: I have no issue with a girl wanting pink legos; I'm just grateful they weren't around when I was a kid.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?