Net Neutrality

The Conservative

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm

Kath wrote:
Fife wrote: By "trust" I mean trust that they are not acting in some criminal or illegal manner that might require them being destroyed, or more in the context of the current discussion, taken over by the state?
Amazon doesn't pay its' employees for all the hours they work. SCOTUS says they don't have to.

That's big business colluding with government to steal money from low wage employees. No. I don't trust Amazon.
Salary is Salary...
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote:
Fife wrote: By "trust" I mean trust that they are not acting in some criminal or illegal manner that might require them being destroyed, or more in the context of the current discussion, taken over by the state?
Amazon doesn't pay its' employees for all the hours they work. SCOTUS says they don't have to.

That's big business colluding with government to steal money from low wage employees. No. I don't trust Amazon.
Salary is Salary...
Hourly is hourly. Those people are having wages stolen.
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote: Amazon doesn't pay its' employees for all the hours they work. SCOTUS says they don't have to.

Salary is Salary...
Hourly is hourly. Those people are having wages stolen.
Link?
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Kath wrote:

Is it enough for you to just chose not to do business with them? Certainly there are a multitude of other shopping options available to you.

Or do you want to see their company destroyed?

I'm starting to think you really do want a U.S. Department of the Internet.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm

We had this talk before. Have you ever worked an hourly job where you were required to stay without pay after punching out?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/h ... rity-lines
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that warehouse workers who fill orders for retail giant Amazon don’t have to be paid for time spent waiting to pass through security checks at the end of their shifts.
Some workers at Amazon contractor Integrity Staffing Solutions, Inc., claim they wait up to 25 minutes to clear security before they can go home.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Fife wrote:

I'm starting to think you really do want a U.S. Department of the Internet.
I don't think I do, actually. I'm just asking questions.

I do have choices when it comes to retail shopping. If I had real choice of an ISP, I'd be happier. I've never lived in an area that had more than two choices, none of them good, so I don't see competition running to get my business anytime soon. In the meantime, not only will we have to pay to get to the internet, we'll likely have to pay an excise tax for going to websites that haven't paid their protection money to the ISP.
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 pm

Fife wrote:I loathe the Chicago Cubs almost as much as communism.
You're a despicable human being.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Kath wrote:We had this talk before. Have you ever worked an hourly job where you were required to stay without pay after punching out?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/h ... rity-lines
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that warehouse workers who fill orders for retail giant Amazon don’t have to be paid for time spent waiting to pass through security checks at the end of their shifts.
Some workers at Amazon contractor Integrity Staffing Solutions, Inc., claim they wait up to 25 minutes to clear security before they can go home.
So remind me, did they clock out before our after the check point?
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

The Conservative wrote:
So remind me, did they clock out before our after the check point?
before.
Account abandoned.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:54 pm

FCC Chair Unveils Premium Comment Line To Fast-Track Net Neutrality Complaints For $49.99 Per Month
At press time, telecommunications giant Comcast had slowed down the FCC’s complaint line considerably, driving millions of Americans to the FCC complaint line it ran itself.
Account abandoned.