Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Speaker to Animals

Re: Europe, boring until it's not

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Yeah yeah, why should the rich pay their taxes like those dumb proles. It's just envy and nothing to do with social responsibility. If those poor people can't afford a top tax avoidance accountant then they just need to look at the life choices they've made.
As far as I understand it he is paying his taxes, under the law. He minimizes it as much as he legally can. Why is that immoral? I’m sure he pays more in taxes each year than you do in a lifetime.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote: I'd give that guy a warning, but if he persisted to stalk me and get into my personal space, I'd have thrown him a beating. It's apparently the only way you can get through to these amoral pieces of shit in the media.
:think:
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: I'd give that guy a warning, but if he persisted to stalk me and get into my personal space, I'd have thrown him a beating. It's apparently the only way you can get through to these amoral pieces of shit in the media.

Do I not have the right to avoid being assaulted and stalked by strangers in England?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:54 pm

Hastur wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Yeah yeah, why should the rich pay their taxes like those dumb proles. It's just envy and nothing to do with social responsibility. If those poor people can't afford a top tax avoidance accountant then they just need to look at the life choices they've made.
As far as I understand it he is paying his taxes, under the law. He minimizes it as much as he legally can. Why is that immoral? I’m sure he pays more in taxes each year than you do in a lifetime.
He manipulates tax loopholes unavailable to the likes of me and has avoided paying more tax than I could earn in a hundred lifetimes. But as there are vested interests for those in charge of regulating the tax system (including himself) those loopholes are here to stay. Not breaking the law but far from moral.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Do I not have the right to avoid being assaulted and stalked by strangers in England?
There was no assault and that is not stalking. A journalist followed him for 2 mins asking him if he had set up a false company offshore to avoid paying tax.
You do not have the right to physically attack someone asking you an awkward question.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Hastur wrote:
He manipulates tax loopholes unavailable to the likes of me and has avoided paying more tax than I could earn in a hundred lifetimes. But as there are vested interests for those in charge of regulating the tax system (including himself) those loopholes are here to stay. Not breaking the law but far from moral.
It’s an old lesson by now. If you want a welfare state you will never get it by taxing the rich. They can move themselves and their business at the flick of an eye. A welfare state is financed by taxing the middle class and the poor. The ones who can’t run away. The rich are to few and don’t have enough money to go anywhere in the long run. To point the finger at them is just propaganda for the ill informed. The voting masses. Don’t be a fool.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

There was no assault and that is not stalking. A journalist followed him for 2 mins asking him if he had set up a false company offshore to avoid paying tax.
You do not have the right to physically attack someone asking you an awkward question.
Back to the earlier question: if he was doing that to some woman, would you consider it assault and stalking?

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Hastur wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Hastur wrote: As far as I understand it he is paying his taxes, under the law. He minimizes it as much as he legally can. Why is that immoral? I’m sure he pays more in taxes each year than you do in a lifetime.
It’s an old lesson by now. If you want a welfare state you will never get it by taxing the rich. They can move themselves and their business at the flick of an eye. A welfare state is financed by taxing the middle class and the poor. The ones who can’t run away. The rich are to few and don’t have enough money to go anywhere in the long run. To point the finger at them is just propaganda for the ill informed. The voting masses. Don’t be a fool.
It's been calculated that £18 billion a year is avoided using these methods. That's enough to cover that £350 million a week they claimed Brexit would free to save the NHS. No small potatoes.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

Back to the earlier question: if he was doing that to some woman, would you consider it assault and stalking?
I refer the honorable gentleman to my earlier statement to the house.