Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

StCapps

Re: Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Compromise is good. 2500 mile long vanity projects are not.
Agreed. Now let's talk about the kind of border wall that you would be willing to compromise for, as opposed to focusing on deals that you refuse to compromise for.

What is the most you are willing spend on the wall, if you get your wish list of immigration reform to go with it? Since the answer isn't "zero cents", then how much would you spend to sell Republicans and Trump on the rest of the deal by giving them their token wall?

These are the kinds of questions that you should be asking yourself, simply saying the wall is dumb, that is a lame conversation angle, so ditch it already, it's holding back quality conversation on the topic.
Well I don't simply say it's dumb. I say it's ineffective, a waste of resources, a vanity project and damaging to the environment. You have made up your mind that I hate border security though so you never hear me.

How much would I spend on the wall? One cent. How much would I spend on effective border control measures? Whatever the people think is a reasonable amount to spend. Not what Trump feels is enough to ensure re-election or whatever his real motives are bearing in mind he employs immigrants over Americans at Mara lago and other golf resorts he owns.
So if Trump would accept two cents for his border wall, you would say no? Yet you think I'm misrepresenting your views by claiming you are unwilling to compromise even if you get your wish list of immigration reform? Nah, I think I got you pegged correctly, I was off by a mere one cent, that's fairly bang on. Claim substantiated.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 pm

No, he can have 2 cents. That's not a deal breaker. It's a waste of a cent but not a deal breaker.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:No, he can have 2 cents. That's not a deal breaker. It's a waste of a cent but not a deal breaker.
What if he wants a whole US dollar though? It a dealbreaker then?
:lol:
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:37 pm

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:No, he can have 2 cents. That's not a deal breaker. It's a waste of a cent but not a deal breaker.
Look, if he wants to spend a few million beefing up the existing fence/wall and block off some unprotected hotspots it wouldn't be a deal breaker but it would be pointless because determined illegals would walk around it. Same with a huge beautiful wall the full length of the border, determined illegals would climb over it.
Any kind of wall is not going to stop determined illegals. Much better to call Democrat's bluff and propose meaningful solutions and then see who opposes them. I wouldn't.
The wall is a vanity project and an alt-right reach around. That I oppose.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Look, if he wants to spend a few million beefing up the existing fence/wall and block off some unprotected hotspots it wouldn't be a deal breaker but it would be pointless because determined illegals would walk around it. Same with a huge beautiful wall the full length of the border, determined illegals would climb over it.
Any kind of wall is not going to stop determined illegals. Much better to call Democrat's bluff and propose meaningful solutions and then see who opposes them. I wouldn't.
The purpose of the wall is not to completely stop illegals, no one border security measure is going to accomplish that, neither is the all the border security measures combined, that doesn't mean you shouldn't spend any money on border security because it won't entirely solve the illegal immigration problem, nor does it mean you shouldn't spend any money on the wall because it also won't accomplish that.

What about a few billion for "the wall/fence", that a deal breaker?
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:What if he wants a whole US dollar though? It a dealbreaker then?
The purpose of the wall is not to completely stop illegals, no one border security measure is going to accomplish that, neither is the all the border security measures combined, that doesn't mean you shouldn't spend any money on border security because it won't entirely solve the illegal immigration problem, nor does it mean you shouldn't spend any money on the wall because it also won't accomplish that.

Well it's not my money you are spending but if it was I wouldn't be happy.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Well it's not my money you are spending but if it was I wouldn't be happy.
The point isn't whether you'll be happy or not, but whether you'd be willing to compromise or not, at that price point. So what say you?
*yip*

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
The people who live on the border, find dead bodies on their land daily, and have had their neighbors murdered, don't really care what you think about border security.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:What if he wants a whole US dollar though? It a dealbreaker then?
The people who live on the border, find dead bodies on their land daily, and have had their neighbors murdered, don't really care what you think about border security.
Stop incentivising their border hopping by allowing companies to employ them without penalties then.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Stop incentivising their border hopping by allowing companies to employ them without penalties then.
I love how it's the responsibility of the lawful to change, and not the criminals.

Yeah, let's run our economy into the ground and be just as shitty as Mexico so no one will want to come here. Because it's our fault for not being a third rate shithole like everyone else.

Great plan.

How are we gonna address the ones coming here to get on welfare?

Oh I know what you're gonna say, we should just give welfare to the whole fucking planet so there's no reason for the fucking parasites to ever leave home.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751