Social Justice Warriors Thread

Fife

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:24 pm

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:03 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:Notice how Get Out is at 99%. It was a good movie, but not an all-time great. Oh wait, it was great. I forgot that it showed white people as the evil beings taking over the bodies of innocent minorities. 100%!!!!

Entertainment is now fully political and weaponized. It used to be done subtlety and sparely, but now it's a full-on assault. BP is the SJW revenge for all the hate being thrown at The Last Jedi.

We really need two countries. Separate everything. I'll miss some of the things SJW provide in terms of work, but they are shitting in the punch bowl at this point and spoiling too much. Guess I'll have to go back in Hot Tub Time Machine a few years and not watch any entertainment created past that point.
The sad thing is I liked The Last Jedi even though I could see the blatant SJWism virtue signaling hammered in. The books are even worse at this point. The Aftermath series made it a point to have interspecies relationships (not that new in Star Wars so whatevs) as well as homosexual relationships that were just as common and one genderless (gender fluid?) alien. It just sucks because I otherwise enjoy it all
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:

He wants to eliminate the Department of Education, department of energy, and the Department of commerce.

That is a summary answer of both questions.
Three very conversation worthy topics that I would love to discuss. Maybe we can.Will someone ask Smitty if this is an approved forum topic?
Good thing it is the winter Olympics because you are out over your skis on this. We are free to discuss before, we are free to discuss during and free to discuss after. Don't distract.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm

I thought Get Out was good.
Good.
Not great.
Better than most horror movies - considering most horror movies are gore, chainsaws, and impaled eyeballs.

But it’s kind of insulting to the director to fawn over the film as if it was one of the best ever, on account of the director being black. I mean, c’mon. Peele isn’t and idiot. He knows he didn’t just film Citizen Kane. He knows people are hyping their reaction to it because it serves their political and social agenda, and that has to kind of suck for him.

What do you do in that situation? Play along with the crowd as if you just filmed a timeless masterpiece? Or do you just keep your head down and move on to the next film while everyone overplays their hand on your last effort?
Last edited by DBTrek on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:45 pm

clubgop wrote: . Don't distract.
You are right, of course. I let my sarcastic bitch take momentary control. Whatchya gonna do? IyamwhatIam.

So, I completely agree that the Dept of Ed is a steaming pile of diarrhea. I've no use for Dept of Commerce, either.

I've never cared enough to figure out what the Energy dept does. Anything of value?
Account abandoned.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote: . Don't distract.
You are right, of course. I let my sarcastic bitch take momentary control. Whatchya gonna do? IyamwhatIam.

So, I completely agree that the Dept of Ed is a steaming pile of diarrhea. I've no use for Dept of Commerce, either.

I've never cared enough to figure out what the Energy dept does. Anything of value?
They run nuke facilities testing and power all things that could be and even are being privatized.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:21 pm

DBTrek wrote:I thought Get Out was good.
Good.
Not great.
Better than most horror movies - considering most horror movies are gore, chainsaws, and impaled eyeballs.

But it’s kind of insulting to the director to fawn over the film as if it was one of the best ever, on account of the director being black. I mean, c’mon. Peele isn’t and idiot. He knows he didn’t just film Citizen Kane. He knows people are hyping their reaction to it because it serves their political and social agenda, and that has to kind of suck for him.

What do you do in that situation? Play along with the crowd as if you just filmed a timeless masterpiece? Or do you just keep your head down and move on to the next film while everyone overplays their hand on your last effort?
The latter option obviously.

What's the sports cliche? "Act like you're been there before"

Otherwise you look like Kanye West.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:22 pm

clubgop wrote:

They run nuke facilities testing and power all things that could be and even are being privatized.
So the part of me that's with you is libertarian. The twin says that we have recent evidence of what a regulation free America looks like, and it wasn't good for most.

We have ample evidence of price collusion. We have evidence that companies deliberately hide very valuable information that consumers need to make informed decisions, in order to sell more product.

Also, about infrastructure. It's never been explained to my satisfaction how multiple companies setting up the same type of infrastructure will not cause excessive waste, especially of land.

I'm always willing to listen. I usually get hack-hack-bitch-everyone-knows-this-but-muh-roads-government-nanny-state-lover.

:lol:
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:47 pm

If you’re interested in what happens when the benevolent corporate overlords are given power over the grid, check out The Smartest Guys In The Room on Netflix.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Kath wrote:
clubgop wrote:

So the part of me that's with you is libertarian. The twin says that we have recent evidence of what a regulation free America looks like, and it wasn't good for most.

We have ample evidence of price collusion. We have evidence that companies deliberately hide very valuable information that consumers need to make informed decisions, in order to sell more product.

Also, about infrastructure. It's never been explained to my satisfaction how multiple companies setting up the same type of infrastructure will not cause excessive waste, especially of land.

I'm always willing to listen. I usually get hack-hack-bitch-everyone-knows-this-but-muh-roads-government-nanny-state-lover.

:lol:
And this where we get out over our skis again. Like the states aren't on these things. They would be if the feds would butt out. No one is saying no regulation, but they are straight up running these things.