FUCK THE PRC

DBTrek

Re: FUCK THE PRC

Post by DBTrek » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:30 pm

See, this is where you are so dishonest to almost not even worth responding to. There is no situation where you will ever admit you are wrong. If we conceded to these irrational demands to save the markets by sending the working class back out into the workforce and, for a few million of them, their deaths, you will just do what you did with Monty and play the moral equivalency game ("See? You guys supported doing this too so it's not particularly anybody else's fault"). But if we implement social distancing orders as happened, and we scale the fatalities back (for now), you claim the social distancing orders were overreaching based on the lower fatality counts (which were the consequence of the distancing). There is no way to win this game as long as anybody engages with you as if you were in any way attempting to be honest here.
Well, I don't think that's a fair assessment at all. I've neither advocated for sending everyone back to work, nor bashed social distancing. I've made no comment either way on either subject. I've been practicing strict social distancing since the first week of February and have only seen (been within 4' of) six non-family members since then. Four of those have been Amazon delivery drivers. So I'm not sure where your drawing your conclusions from.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:09 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... laims.html

PRC media wall cracking - I give it a week before they loose complete control over the story....major outlets breaking within last hour they have sources/docs evidencing it leaked from Wuhan lab.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:09 pm
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... laims.html

PRC media wall cracking - I give it a week before they loose complete control over the story....major outlets breaking within last hour they have sources/docs evidencing it leaked from Wuhan lab.
+1
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Here come the ‘anonymous sources’ again.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 pm

On the subject of cracking walls... From last week:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/ ... 35913.html
Ten people have died and 23 remain trapped under the rubble of a collapsed hotel building that was used to quarantine people under observation for the coronavirus in the Chinese city of Quanzhou.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 pm

BjornP wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Ten people have died and 23 remain trapped under the rubble of a collapsed hotel building that was used to quarantine people under observation for the coronavirus in the Chinese city of Quanzhou.
Aside from a fucked up economy, and really bad PR except from American Democrats, what longterm effects do you think this will have on China? Do you see them getting their act together? Are Xi's days numbered?

I really do think the Party is terrified right now. Its a long shot, but this could be the thing that removes them from power. You see all this shit on tv, and its like its a giant movie set. Everything for show, flimsy props that look convincing until you get closer, actors forgetting their lines and not knowing how to improvise. Its crazy.

I'm no Sinologist but it seems like that whole country is held together with spit and glue. I can't even imagine what they are telling their own citizens. Its pretty damn hard to spin this.

This and the Hong Kong Protests. The last 12 months have not been kind to China...
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:47 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 pm
BjornP wrote:

Aside from a fucked up economy, and really bad PR except from American Democrats, what longterm effects do you think this will have on China? Do you see them getting their act together? Are Xi's days numbered?

I really do think the Party is terrified right now. Its a long shot, but this could be the thing that removes them from power. You see all this shit on tv, and its like its a giant movie set. Everything for show, flimsy props that look convincing until you get closer, actors forgetting their lines and not knowing how to improvise. Its crazy.

I'm no Sinologist but it seems like that whole country is held together with spit and glue. I can't even imagine what they are telling their own citizens. Its pretty damn hard to spin this.

This and the Hong Kong Protests. The last 12 months have not been kind to China...
I'm surprised that China hasn't been accused of releasing the virus in order to suppress the street protests in Hong Kong yet.
Maybe I'll start a rumour, conspiracy theories are fun...
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:48 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:20 pm
Here come the ‘anonymous sources’ again.
We shall see - I would think Fox would wait till they felt confident in their evidence before breaking.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:51 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:39 pm
BjornP wrote:

I really do think the Party is terrified right now. Its a long shot, but this could be the thing that removes them from power. You see all this shit on tv, and its like its a giant movie set. Everything for show, flimsy props that look convincing, actors forgetting their lines and not knowing how to improvise. Its crazy.

I'm far from an expert myself either, but I read articles on life there and watch the YT channel called "ADVChina", which has alot of good material. From those sources, I'd say Xi probably comfortable in his power for a while, but according to the ADVChina guys, the younger Chinese generations take "saving face" less seriously than their seniors, and they have less patience for the sense of rude entitlement that is apparantly common with those Chinese who were kids or young when the Cultural Revolution peaked. That generation has alot of major fuck-ups, people who turned in their parents, kids who were instructed to be teachers since the teachers had all been imprisoned or shot.

As the youth now grow up, they may question the brand of hyper-nationalistic State-Capitalistic Communism weirdo ideology China's using IF they are allowed to watch and travel to other countries of the world. I don't really like Chinese tourists, but if they see how others around them live, they might be more likely to decide that having freedom of speech doesn't lead to chaos or anarchy.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:43 pm

https://www.dailywire.com/news/mike-pom ... -the-world

:violence-blades:

US intel prob has known answer since day 1 - but couldn’t come out and say it without naming obvious the extent of our spy nets - drip drip drip “in investigate”...drip drip drip..... PRC is prob shitting themselves bc they know they’re about to be shut out of the modern world -

Just can’t figure out the significance of the mini nuke story - US telling PRC we’re watching you or PRC telling US not to fuck with them?

Besides all the deaths that are to come - watching the PRC squirm is going to be great entertainment.