'Fire in a Crowded Theater' is a Dead Giveaway

Kazmyr

Re: 'Fire in a Crowded Theater' is a Dead Giveaway

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: Oh, I fully support arrest and prosecution of the guy knocking teeth out. I just don't think that the police should be expected to prevent it.
Scene: Friday Night at GCFPD

Operator: "911, what's your emergency?"

Victim: "SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL ME."

Operator: "Sir, please calm down. I'm going to need you to do exactly as I say. Let this man catch you and start assaulting and killing you."

Victim: "WHAT?!"

Operator: "Sir, please don't take that tone. We must follow procedures here at GCFPD"

Victim: "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" *gurgle*

Operator: "Sir?"

[10 seconds of silence]

Operator: "Sir, thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Units have been dispatched."

Fin.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Oh, I fully support arrest and prosecution of the guy knocking teeth out. I just don't think that the police should be expected to prevent it.
Grumps opposes and mocks gun culture, does not think police should be expected to prevent violence.

:think:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:00 am

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Oh, I fully support arrest and prosecution of the guy knocking teeth out. I just don't think that the police should be expected to prevent it.
Grumps opposes and mocks gun culture, does not think police should be expected to prevent violence.

Do you typically expect a police officer to be posted in your lawn? They don't prevent anything in the first place.

The only thing keeping you from being swamped by hordes of looters is the understanding that they can expect to be arrested and jailed after the fact - not because the police would ever get there before they do it.

So then, why would we line up police all around a protest, expecting them to protect a milling crowd of hundreds, rather than simply respond when violence breaks out?

I do mock gun culture, because it's more a danger to the homeowner than an intruder, given the incredible rarity of intrusion. If that equation were changed, say, in a post-Katrina situation, then guns would be essential survival equipment. But that's a pretty far cry from fondling them in public, thinking that you're going to shoot enough cops to overthrow the federal government.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:04 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:

Do you typically expect a police officer to be posted in your lawn? They don't prevent anything in the first place.

The only thing keeping you from being swamped by hordes of looters is the understanding that they can expect to be arrested and jailed after the fact - not because the police would ever get there before they do it.

So then, why would we line up police all around a protest, expecting them to protect a milling crowd of hundreds, rather than simply respond when violence breaks out?

I do mock gun culture, because it's more a danger to the homeowner than an intruder, given the incredible rarity of intrusion. If that equation were changed, say, in a post-Katrina situation, then guns would be essential survival equipment. But that's a pretty far cry from fondling them in public, thinking that you're going to shoot enough cops to overthrow the federal government.
A whole lotta words with no attempt to reconcile the absurdity of your positions.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 am

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:

A whole lotta words with no attempt to reconcile the absurdity of your positions.
Only because you're expecting me to reconcile your strawmen. Look at my actual stance, and experience symmetry.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:19 am

Guns bad, unless you are in a desperate situation, got it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:25 am

apeman wrote:Guns bad, unless you are in a desperate situation, got it.
Guns are great. Keep them at home and lock them up tight. I still think you're a dumbass, but I don't want to take them.
I might even buy one someday, just to have in case of emergency.

But you will never see me marching down the street with it, wasting my day threatening the government, or screeching bullshit on the internet about my "cold dead hands". Spending my trailer-money on a 5th crowd-killing weapon, fantasizing about hordes of muslims invading my farmhouse? Pathetic.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Guns are great. Keep them at home and lock them up tight. I still think you're a dumbass, but I don't want to take them.

But you will never see me marching down the street with it, wasting my day threatening the government, or screeching bullshit on the internet about my "cold dead hands". Spending my trailer-money on a 5th crowd-killing weapon, fantasizing about hordes of muslims invading my farmhouse? Pathetic.
Yeah this is not about marching down the street with a AR-15, so excuse me if my use of "gun culture" was misleading and derailed this, this is about:

1. Don;t expect the police to protect you, and
2. IF you own guns and lock em up at home "I still think you're a dumbass"

but you also said you think guns are great, so really, I guess I have no idea what you think in this thread, would have to reference back to thousands of your prior posts to see what you see when you aren't trying to defend against an attack. :think:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 am

GCF is basically Meathead on bath salts.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 am

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Yeah this is not about marching down the street with a AR-15, so excuse me if my use of "gun culture" was misleading and derailed this, this is about:

1. Don;t expect the police to protect you, and
2. IF you own guns and lock em up at home "I still think you're a dumbass"

but you also said you think guns are great, so really, I guess I have no idea what you think in this thread, would have to reference back to thousands of your prior posts to see what you see when you aren't trying to defend against an attack. :think:
Ok, honestly, it's like this.

If I have a gun in the house, the risk to my family is far higher than the chance of me ever preventing an intrusion with it. Struck by lightning during a shark attack.

That equation changes in the event of societal disruption - Katrina, economic collapse, solar flare, whatever. I get it. At that time, I want to have a pump shotgun in the house, mainly to cycle it loudly and scare people away.

The optimal solution then, is to wait as long as possible before a large-scale disruption, then purchase the gun, and allow my friends to train me in its use. There are a bunch of them trying to talk me into it all the time.

When you refer to 'gun culture', I am instantly seeing a half-coherent white-trash moron with a dozen semi-legal weapons in the house, spending money he doesn't have on a useless hobby, fantasizing about 'Mooslims' and then 'Punks' and later, 'Anyone fuckin with me' getting a bullet to the head.
I'm picturing a crowd of those morons screaming their heads off in support of any clown that mentions the 2nd Amendment on stage.
I'm seeing them marching down the street with Confederate battle flags and weapons, "protecting muh culture" without understanding what the fuck they're even talking about.
I picture the stupid fuck using night-vision, telescopic lenses, and banana clips to hunt a fucking deer, because he needs to justify spending his kids' future on tacticool bullshit.

That is "Gun Culture".

Formerly GrumpyCatFace