Social Justice Warriors Thread

Martin Hash

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I think we've already determined that most Under-40s are NOT impressed. Hell, you could have done it too given the time/inclination/money/luck. I understand that. You're wrong, of course, the odds of doing what I've done is 1 in 4 billion, but logic doesn't play into this.
I think the actual problem is that which you value to the extreme strikes most of us as pointless. So you kill yourself achieving the highest bar you can imagine and then wonder why nobody is impressed that you’ve made it to the summit of your personal Mt. Everest.

The answer is - because none of us chose that particular achievement as our Mt. Everest. You’ve achieved something no one else aspires to, therefore we don’t care.
That's a specious comment, the words "polymath" and "renaissance man" are proof of interest, and I completed the impossible, but back to what I'm developing in this thread: what happened to me was CHANGE THE GOALS. Under-40 you doesn't care. Renaissance Man has Patriarchy written all over it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm

I mean.. building a fast-as-fuck electric car of all things and bringing it to market.. that's pretty impressive. But launching one of them to fucking Mars.. that's alpha as fuck.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:14 pm

:lol:

I see.
Forty years ago everyone aspired to have three doctorates, but only you achieved it. Now the rest of humanity is changing their goals to spite you.

Sounds legit.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

DBTrek wrote::lol:

I see.
Forty years ago everyone aspired to have three doctorates, but only you achieved it. Now the rest of humanity is changing their goals to spite you.

Sounds legit.
Read the name of this thread^^^

YES, SJWs are CHANGING THE GOALS, CHANGING THE RULES, and conducting a VIRTUAL CIVIL WAR to destroy The Patriarchy.

R U saying you don't consider me an example of The Patriarchy?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

No, I don’t think academic achievement is seen as patriarchy. Especially since the only badge of honor most SJWs can claim is a useless sociology/social issue degree. They aren’t going to attack the one tangible achievement they can claim for themselves. Millennials have more degrees than any other generation.

I think you’re more right about half the population being unable to compete. People like the folks on this forum - we’re competitors. We want to know what you’ve achieved. We want your arguments to be strong and sourced. We’re not hearing any victim bullshit about any demographic, sexuality, or belief system. Deliver the goods or gtfo.

But what about the half that can’t compete? They sure as hell don’t want any meritocracy. They lose under the meritocracy. They don’t want any bullshit Capitalism, or free markets, or benchmarks. They suck at all that. But they still want to win at life, right? And how can you still be a winner if, bless your soul, you’re just not competitively good at anything?

Well ... you can rewrite the game so you win by race, or gender, or sexuality, or religion, or numbers of years in a position, etc. You know, stuff that can be won without having to be better than somebody at something.

That’s where your SJWs come from.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:34 pm

I was a doctoral student before the pain pulled me out of even that. Lots of people get PhDs. That's not impressive to me. I am more impressed by your businesses and building a fortune, quite honestly. I think you accentuate things which are cool but do not impress people so much.

Yankee culture places a lot more value on academic achievement, but lots of America is not Yankee, despite Yankees taking over the media, most universities, and most cities. Southerners are going to be impressed by economic accomplishment. Don't bother trying to impress Appalachians. Far Westerners seem most impressed by independence, fortitude, grit, etc.

You cannot appeal to all the nations that compose America at once. You essentially are trying to undermine Yankees by trying to appeal to non-Yankees with accomplishments mainly only appreciated by Yankees.

If you want to get popular with southerners, focus on your businesses and economic success.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Here's my, obviously anecdotal, recollection:
MBA: yeah, impressed
MS & PhD: yeah, impressed
Millionaire: impressed
Scuba, pilot, hiking: yep
Multi-millionaire: impressed
House, Ferarris: yeah, impressed
JD: Hmmmm, not impressed. I'm talking about not impressed by even the previous stuff.
Bar: no
CPA, Patent Agent: hell, no
100 Countries: Hmmmm, kinda impressed, but just with the travel.
12 books, magazine articles: blahhh
MD: yawn
Medical license: who the fuck cares.
By the time I got the whole enchilada, it was about the same on the Impression Index as when I got the MBA. (MBAs used to mean something.)

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Here's my, obviously anecdotal, recollection:
MBA: yeah, impressed
MS & PhD: yeah, impressed
Millionaire: impressed
Scuba, pilot, hiking: yep
Multi-millionaire: impressed
House, Ferarris: yeah, impressed
JD: Hmmmm, not impressed. I'm talking about not impressed by even the previous stuff.
Bar: no
CPA, Patent Agent: hell, no
100 Countries: Hmmmm, kinda impressed, but just with the travel.
12 books, magazine articles: blahhh
MD: yawn
Medical license: who the fuck cares.
By the time I got the whole enchilada, it was about the same on the Impression Index as when I got the MBA. (MBAs used to mean something.)
Guess you should’ve quit after the MBA and got to work at being the best at something instead of collecting degrees like they were video game achievements.
:lol:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Or, The... Goals... Changed...

SJWs have changed the goals. It worked. It worked on the Under-40s.

So, what about you 40-60s, were the goals changed during your run?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Early 40s now and it’s the same as it’s ever been. Find the best way to succeed, be it education, experience, or innovation. Or ... waste all your time being a failure and telling long stories on the internet about how outside forces caused you to fail.

The road is long. All of us will stumble and fall. The successful will get up, trudge toward that finish line, fall again, get up again, etc, until we win the race.
The unsuccessful will fall, then sit on the track and tell everyone who passes by how unfair the race is, how everything is rigged, and how the people who reached the finish line only made it by luck.

/shrug