Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

BjornP

Re: Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Post by BjornP » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:12 pm

Also a little sad if the American people can best be compared to livestock. That pretty much makes the State sound like the slaughterhouse.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:27 pm

BjornP wrote:Also a little sad if the American people can best be compared to livestock. That pretty much makes the State sound like the slaughterhouse.
:hand:
It's analogy. Happens to work real well if you don't leave out the part about the gate.

If you've ever sorted livestock, you'd know if you always have the livestock wandering in and out of the pen, you'll never get them sorted out. So, you close the gates, figure out what you have and then move forward.

I'm asking that my government get a handle on immigration, they don't have one now.

Hey, speaking immigration I read articles over the winter that Denmark is beefing up their immigration control and border enforcement with Germany................. hows that going ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:41 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Kath wrote: I've been saying that since the Reagan years. We can do it without a wall.
I need a big beautiful wall Kath. Gotta close the gate before you can sort the livestock.
Not a lot of use if the livestock learns how to use a ladder.
Even if they do, they'll have to buy a bigger ladder and take longer to climb that bigger ladder, giving the border security folks more time to intercept them before they disappear. You just the hate idea of border security in general and are taking it out on the wall. If you don't want to waste a lot of money on the wall, that's a different argument than no wall at all, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, just don't overspend on it.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:45 pm

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
I need a big beautiful wall Kath. Gotta close the gate before you can sort the livestock.
Not a lot of use if the livestock learns how to use a ladder.
Even if they do, they'll have to buy a bigger ladder and take longer to climb that bigger ladder, giving the border security folks more time to intercept them before they disappear. You just the hate idea of border security in general and are taking it out on the wall. If you don't want to waste a lot of money on the wall, that's a different argument than no wall at all, no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater, just don't overspend on it.
Thank you for telling me what I think about border security. There are many reasons I think a 2500 mile wall is dumb, hating border control is not one of them.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Not a lot of use if the livestock learns how to use a ladder.
Thank you for telling me what I think about border security. There are many reasons I think a 2500 mile wall is dumb, hating border control is not one of them.
What about a wall that isn't 2500 miles wide? What if you got to design the wall and put it across as much of the border that you see fit? The exact width, length, height, placement and cost of the wall are all obviously open to negotiation.

The current proposal is just an outrageous opening offer that Trump plans to soften to get more of what he wants than if he made was no outrageous opening offer at all. So stop fronting like Trump won't budge on the fine details of the plan, he obviously will, so long as he gets a wall, the exact kind of wall it will be, he remains quite flexible on.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Wall doesn't need to be 2500 miles long. My example was just about how to get both parties to get what they say they want.

No wall is inpenetrable. Some ambitious wetback might build a trebuchet and knock it down. ;) Doesn't have to be, just needs to contain the vast majority of basically free travel across the border and funnel the majority to places easier to control and monitor.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Wall doesn't need to be 2500 miles long. My example was just about how to get both parties to get what they say they want.

No wall is inpenetrable. Some ambitious wetback might build a trebuchet and knock it down. ;) Doesn't have to be, just needs to contain the vast majority of basically free travel across the border and funnel the majority to places easier to control and monitor.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:59 pm

C-Mag wrote:Wall doesn't need to be 2500 miles long. My example was just about how to get both parties to get what they say they want.

Someone gets it. Many wall haters refuse to spend even one cent on border security though, as long as the image of a wall is attached to the plan, that just rubs them wrong way, fuck rationality.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:04 pm

StCapps wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Wall doesn't need to be 2500 miles long. My example was just about how to get both parties to get what they say they want.

Someone gets it. The wall haters refuse to spend even one cent on border security though, as long as the image of a wall is attached to the plan, that just rubs them wrong way, fuck rationality.

Has to be a direct tradeoff, we complete X miles of wall, then Y number of DACA hobos get a bonified.
If they make the deal on the promise to build the wall or much of any border security Trump will get fucked and they won't fund it.

IMO, Trump understands they will try to fuck him at every turn.
PLATA O PLOMO

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:06 pm

C-Mag wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Someone gets it. The wall haters refuse to spend even one cent on border security though, as long as the image of a wall is attached to the plan, that just rubs them wrong way, fuck rationality.

Has to be a direct tradeoff, we complete X miles of wall, then Y number of DACA hobos get a bonified.
If they make the deal on the promise to build the wall or much of any border security Trump will get fucked and they won't fund it.

IMO, Trump understands they will try to fuck him at every turn.
Trump is planning on trading DACA amnesty for The Wall, that was always his plan, as I've been saying for over a year now. Trump is on it, the Dems will cave, and he'll get more than he ever dreamed of on immigration just because of his outrageous opening offer.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*