Social Justice Warriors Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:01 pm

If an illegal kills you, you win, or something.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:13 am

https://gizmodo.com/nigel-the-bird-foun ... 1822655398
Nigel the Bird Found Dead Next to the Concrete Partner He Tried to Woo For Years

Twenty years ago, conservationists in New Zealand placed 80 fake gannet birds on Mana Island in an attempt to attract some real-life gannets. But only one bird finally showed up in 2015. That bird, which locals named Nigel, spent years in a futile effort to woo a mate who was made of concrete. But sadly, Nigel has been found dead next to his stone cold partner.

Conservationists were incredibly excited when Nigel arrived on the island in 2015, the first gannet to make Mana its home in 40 years. But Nigel’s story quickly turned depressing when it became clear that not only was Nigel tragically alone, but that he was trying to woo one of the concrete birds.

Nigel, perhaps the loneliest bird on Earth, even built a nest from seaweed, mud, and twigs for his concrete love. But his affection was never reciprocated, no matter how hard he tried. The relationship, and all his prattling, was doomed to remain one-sided to his death.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:15 am

Does Nicole write for the Onion or something? That cannot be serious.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 am

PartyOf5 wrote:Does Nicole write for the Onion or something? That cannot be serious.
Sure hope she's kidding, but who knows these days.

From her Twitter page:

Freelance journalist, theater critic, & attorney. She/her. Bylines @ NY Times, American Theatre, Village Voice, The Stage, Exeunt Mag. B'way editor @ExeuntNYC

Nicole Serratore

Verified account

@MildlyBitter
8 Jun 2017
More
Hello new followers & fans of rants against the patriarchy. Be warned my twitter is 85% theater, 10% travel, 5% politics.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:04 am

It's an evolutionary event where large portions of the human genetic pool have been selected for extinction by the political and social environment we have created.

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 am

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 am

Oh FFS

Hurricanes will have to be peopleicanes.

management. peopleagement
managerial. peopleagerial
manageable. peopleageable
manuscript. peopleuscript
manipulate. peopleuipulate
manservant. peopleservant
manicurist. peopleicurist
mangosteen. peopleosteen
Account abandoned.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:33 am

Sheep - peeps
herpes - pepes
bouyant - personant
boycott - peoplecott
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 am

A whole new dictionary for a whole new generation of special snowflakes.

I sure hope they don't end up with PEOPLEmorrhoids.
Account abandoned.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:37 am

In many of these social justice issues I find myself asking- didn't George Carlin solve these problems two or three decades ago? David Letterperson immediately comes to mind
When it comes to changing the language, I think they make some good points. Because we do think in language. And so the quality of our thoughts and ideas can only be as good as the quality of our language. So maybe some of this patriarchal shit ought to go away. I think "spokesman" ought to be "spokesperson." I think "chairman" ought to be "chairperson." I think "mankind" ought to be "humankind." But they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously, they exaggerate. They want me to call that thing in the street a "personhole cover." I think that's taking it a little bit too far! What would you call a ladies' man, a "person's person"? That would make a he-man an "it-person." Little kids would be afraid of the "boogie-person." They'd look up in the sky and see the "person in the moon." Guys would say "come back here and fight like a person," and we'd all sing "For It's a Jolly Good Person," that's the kind of thing you would hear on "Late Night with David Letterperson"! You know what I mean?