How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

The Conservative

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by The Conservative » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:32 am

Should hear NPR, they are having a meltdown... they are saying that you could get cheap healthcare that covers nothing... then what happens if you get ill...

Ummm... DUHH! really?
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:50 pm

So, I'm hearing they had to pull the bill ?

Thank You :pray:

I understand they have another bill in Congress that just opens up competition in Health Care coverage. That would be a great start and could bring down Insurance Rates for people that actually pay for their own Health Care. Let's pass that one.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah RyanCare is done, Trump pulled the bill.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Here's the Competition Act. Many around here are smarter than me on this, tell me why it's bad or good.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... m-act-2017

H.R. 372 - Competitive Health Insurance Reform Act of 2017

March 21, 2017
(House)

STATEMENT OF ADMINISTRATION POLICY

(Rep. Gosar, R-AZ, and 20 cosponsors)

The Administration supports H.R. 372, the Competitive Health Insurance Reform Act of 2017. Many Americans have seen their health insurance premiums increase, and healthcare options decrease, significantly under the Affordable Care Act. The Administration supports efforts to restore competition to the health insurance marketplace in order to lower costs and expand choices for consumers.

H.R. 372 would amend the McCarran-Ferguson Act to ensure that Federal antitrust laws apply to the business of health insurance. The bill supports the goal of giving American families and businesses more control over their own healthcare choices by promoting greater health insurance competition. The bill would specifically prohibit businesses from engaging in anti-competitive practices, including price fixing, bid rigging, and market allocation that could drive up healthcare costs.

If H.R. 372 were presented to the President in its current form, his advisors would recommend that he sign the bill into law.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Did we just get faked out with 'an outrageous opening position'?

Awaiting the 5d oceanic basket-weaving explanation.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:13 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Did we just get faked out with 'an outrageous opening position'?

Said it was a shitty deal from the get go, and that Trump was dumb for focusing on health care out the gate, try to keep up sparky.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:14 pm

C-Mag wrote:Here's the Competition Act. Many around here are smarter than me on this, tell me why it's bad or good.

March 21, 2017
(House)

The Administration supports H.R. 372, the Competitive Health Insurance Reform Act of 2017. Many Americans have seen their health insurance premiums increase, and healthcare options decrease, significantly under the Affordable Care Act. The Administration supports efforts to restore competition to the health insurance marketplace in order to lower costs and expand choices for consumers.

H.R. 372 would amend the McCarran-Ferguson Act to ensure that Federal antitrust laws apply to the business of health insurance. The bill supports the goal of giving American families and businesses more control over their own healthcare choices by promoting greater health insurance competition. The bill would specifically prohibit businesses from engaging in anti-competitive practices, including price fixing, bid rigging, and market allocation that could drive up healthcare costs.

If H.R. 372 were presented to the President in its current form, his advisors would recommend that he sign the bill into law.

From my perspective, it doesn't really solve the problem, but removes the additional problems heaped on by Obamacare.

Trust busting the insurance industry is great and all, but what about breaking up the local monopolies controlled by hospital groups which are the main reason medical costs keep going up? What about limiting the span of pharmaceutical patents and the threat of voiding patents when the patent holder raises prices beyond some multiple of the cost of manufacturing?

More importantly.. Why the fuck don't we move people who can't normally get insurance to Medicare and spend all our time debating how to fund that instead?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:20 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Did we just get faked out with 'an outrageous opening position'?

Said it was a shitty deal from the get go, and that Trump was dumb for focusing on health care out the gate, try to keep up sparky.
I'm awaiting the first Trumpette to explain to me how this fiasco was all part of the Art of a Deal.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:Here's the Competition Act. Many around here are smarter than me on this, tell me why it's bad or good.

March 21, 2017
(House)

From my perspective, it doesn't really solve the problem, but removes the additional problems heaped on by Obamacare.

Trust busting the insurance industry is great and all, but what about breaking up the local monopolies controlled by hospital groups which are the main reason medical costs keep going up? What about limiting the span of pharmaceutical patents and the threat of voiding patents when the patent holder raises prices beyond some multiple of the cost of manufacturing?

More importantly.. Why the fuck don't we move people who can't normally get insurance to Medicare and spend all our time debating how to fund that instead?

8-)
Like BroGrump, I'm wonder if Ryan and the rest of us just got Trumped. Maybe DJT intended on this turd failing, maybe he didn't; but we've all seen how well he pivots and pulls victory from defeat. Maybe the path to correcting the Obamacare Hindenburg is to simply undermine it with a series of other laws, until, like the Hinderburg it just burns up and is only a skeletal shell. Then bulldoze the remains away.

I think this competition act is a good opening step, then slowly opening up Medicare as an option. Probably some more steps along the way to cleaning up the Hindenburg.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

March 21, 2017
(House)

That's what we had before Obamacare. That's what started all this nonsense.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace