Trump's SCOTUS

Okeefenokee

Re: Trump's SCOTUS

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Dude, you brought up the "broken record" analogy. Just admit you're it.

We already know you're an enemy of personal liberty. How are you any different than The Left in that regard?
Personal liberty has limits.

See, murder.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Did you just put life over liberty?
See, murder.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Personal liberty has limits.

See, murder.
Here, let me look in my Black's Law Dictionary right here on my desk. Hmmm... Maybe mine's different than yours? Do you have the "Make Up My Own Rules" edition?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Personal liberty has limits.

See, murder.
Here, let me look in my Black's Law Dictionary right here on my desk. Hmmm... Maybe mine's different than yours? Do you have the "Make Up My Own Rules" edition?
Tell me where it says murder is okay because that's your personal liberty. I'll wait.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Dude, your opinion literally makes NO DIFFERENCE. SCOTUS doesn't care what you think. You can't vote to change it. It's been up for debate several times & been reaffirmed. Abortion is the Law of the Land, and it ain't going to change even with 9 Conservative judges because of precedence. VERY STRONG precedence. You're in exactly the same place as the gungrabbers.

p.s. You can change it through a Constitutional Amendment. Push for a Constitutional Convention.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:24 pm

notice he offers zero arguments for why his liberty vs death doesn't apply to any actual law.

nothing but talking points. what a surprise.

jediuser598

Post by jediuser598 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:28 am

Sure is small government when the state can seize control of a woman's body for 9 months and she has to do whatever they say or face any number of misdemeanors or felonies. Kind of like when you guys call yourselves fiscal conservatives, but support Trump's expenditures to Mar-a-lago. How much is that costing tax payers again?
Thy praise or dispraise is to me alike:
One doth not stroke me, nor the other strike.
-Ben Johnson

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:01 am

jediuser598 wrote:Sure is small government when the state can seize control of a woman's body for 9 months and she has to do whatever they say or face any number of misdemeanors or felonies. Kind of like when you guys call yourselves fiscal conservatives, but support Trump's expenditures to Mar-a-lago. How much is that costing tax payers again?

It's so weird how the left projects like you just did here.

The only people who want to "seize control" of another person's body are folks who defend abortion. Abortion is literally seizing control of another person's body as you murder them.

Telling a woman she cannot murder her baby is not seizing control of her body. Don't act like such a child.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 am

I'm telling you, start promoting a Constitutional Convention. You got 28 Republican States, and Republican control in D.C. That would be a much more useful debate than religious convictions expressed using legal jargon of whose meanings you have no idea. That's childish.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:31 am

Fife wrote:If the state can take your life without due process, your liberty and your property sort of become secondary.
Define "due process." :?