Europe, Boring Until it's Not

heydaralon

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Shikata ga nai

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 pm

I'm about to go full lefty in here just to make it interesting. Seems like a right wing echo chamber

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:17 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Until this point he has only ever been wrong about manned space flight but this is a game changer.
Do you remember when he said that total wealth can't increase and that work can't raise the value of an object?
Never said the second one.
You can't believe the first without believing the second. :lol:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote: Do you remember when he said that total wealth can't increase and that work can't raise the value of an object?
I can, and do. I was trying to explain the concept of material inflation. For every widget you make, all other widgets are slightly less valuable. The pie is not increased.

That individual lump of parts is more valuable, due to the labor that went into it, but the overall material wealth of humanity hasn't changed. Those materials are now slightly more valuable because you've removed them from the supply.

All wealth is proportional to supply (or scarcity, if you prefer)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I can, and do. I was trying to explain the concept of material inflation. For every widget you make, all other widgets are slightly less valuable. The pie is not increased.

That individual lump of parts is more valuable, due to the labor that went into it, but the overall material wealth of humanity hasn't changed. Those materials are now slightly more valuable because you've removed them from the supply.

All wealth is proportional to supply.
When you wake up tomorrow, go outside and look to the east. You'll feel a bit of pain in your eyes. That's the unrelenting energy of solar fusion which washes over this planet 24/7 365.

Stand there and stare at that fireball until your eyes cease to function, because that's the only option left for someone who can't understand the simple reality that we don't live a closed planetary system.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote: You can't believe the first without believing the second. :lol:

When you wake up tomorrow, go outside and look to the east. You'll feel a bit of pain in your eyes. That's the unrelenting energy of solar fusion which washes over this planet 24/7 365.

Stand there and stare at that fireball until your eyes cease to function, because that's the only option left for someone who can't understand the simple reality that we don't live a closed planetary system.
Hmm, in spite of yourself, you've once again managed to make my point for me.

How much is sunlight worth?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hastur wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

All wealth is proportional to supply (or scarcity, if you prefer)
Wow!

So it's all based on the fact that we can never have more than 100% of wealth. Thats brilliant man. No matter how much we build, invent, grow educate, excavate, clean up, enrich and beautify, were still stuck with 100% of wealth. Why bother. That's deep man. :shock:

btw, we can still be friends. I have lots of stupid friends. The smart ones are often assholes. It's also a bit like when hot girls like to keep an ugly sidekick.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:42 am

Age verification tests carried out on migrants who claim to be children have found that 76% of them are actually aged 18 or over.

Swedish migration authorities released the findings of a wave of tests carried out on new arrivals to the Scandinavian country who claimed to be underage, but raised the suspicions of authorities.

Medical examinations, which included analysis of migrants’ teeth and knee joints, found that the majority of those claiming to be children actually were not.

Sweden’s Rättsmedicinalverket (forensic medical agency) has so far tested 581 migrants, and found evidence that 442 of them were 18 or older.

The tests were only carried out on “children” who migration authorities thought could be lying – those who were clearly younger than 18 were not put through the procedure.
https://heatst.com/world/tests-show-76- ... y-over-18/

It's not like anybody could have seen that coming, right?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:40 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Hmm, in spite of yourself, you've once again managed to make my point for me.

How much is sunlight worth?
No I didn't. You're an idiot.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:I'm about to go full lefty in here just to make it interesting. Seems like a right wing echo chamber
Go away Kath