The Intellectual Dark Web

heydaralon

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by heydaralon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:25 pm
The Chinese and Russians won't have enough work neither, so war will be the solution, Spartan UBI is the most likely outcome of work going away.
I hate China, so thats not an issue. I don't really have an issue with Russians. They aren't commies anymore, which is more than I can say about the chinks. EBT Yang is a Bejing puppet manchurian candidate sent to seriously fuck America's shit up.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm

DBTrek wrote:
AI isn't good at everything, man.
General AI doesn't even exist.
Current AI is good at predictions involving regression and classification tasks . . . which while powerful, is not all-encompassing.

Plus, we control the robots, not the other way around.

Then there's economic considerations . . . is it cheaper to hire a human to rake your yard, or to develop, engineer, and mass produce highly sophisticated robots . .. to rake yards? Pedro still gonna be way cheaper.

/shrug
Ten years from now is a long time. We have to secure our bags before the robots do.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:28 pm

DBTrek wrote:
AI isn't good at everything, man.
General AI doesn't even exist.
Current AI is good at predictions involving regression and classification tasks . . . which while powerful, is not all-encompassing.

Plus, we control the robots, not the other way around.

Then there's economic considerations . . . is it cheaper to hire a human to rake your yard, or to develop, engineer, and mass produce highly sophisticated robots . .. to rake yards? Pedro still gonna be way cheaper.

/shrug
General AI is a fucking pipe dream at this point and utterly irrelevant to the task of automating the economy.

Soft AI is where the money is at, and they really are ready to automate probably upwards of half the jobs in the US within about twenty to forty years. That's no joke. Most jobs are retail and labor jobs that are easily handled by robotics and control software.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:27 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
The Chinese and Russians won't have enough work neither, so war will be the solution, Spartan UBI is the most likely outcome of work going away.
I hate China, so thats not an issue. I don't really have an issue with Russians. They aren't commies anymore, which is more than I can say about the chinks. EBT Yang is a Bejing puppet manchurian candidate sent to seriously fuck America's shit up.
Fuck America's shit up by doing what?

Paying you tribute from your hegenomy rather than centralizing it with your bankers?

What work do you think bankers do for the money?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Imma build a highly sophisticated AI-bot to take yo bags.
Maybe we intercept through man-in-the-middle wire fraud.
Maybe we knock doors down and charge in with a flamethrower.

All bags are my bags, either way ... since we're prepping for some fantastic type of Sci-Fi future in 2020.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Near as can tell, nobody does much labour at the banks nor silicon valley, yet somehow they get the UBI
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

Credit default swaps or something
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:32 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Near as can tell, nobody does much labour at the banks nor silicon valley, yet somehow they get the UBI
Fractional reserve banking (what banks do) puts more cash flow into the economy than any Yang/UBI pipe dream ever will.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Imagine. Reaganomics combined with UBI and an abolishment of the gibs state. We will have thousand year reign of a conservative packed SCOTUS and recreational nukes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:31 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:29 pm
heydaralon wrote:

Credit default swaps or something
Actually a brilliant invention, but that was just one gal, Blythe Masters from JP Morgan.
Nec Aspera Terrent