The Destroyer of All Western Values

Smitty-48

Re: The Destroyer of All Western Values

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:26 pm

I mean, under three seconds at the drop, that's already like getting shot out of a gun, and unless you're talking Circuit de Sarthe at Le Mans, I'm not going to be able to wring all the hp's out as it is, street or track, short of Le Mans, how fast can you really go?

150 mph, trust me, that's plenty fast enough as it is, scary fast, even on the track.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Not that I mind the drunk car talk on a TGIFriday...

But can we make the "HeyDaralon interviews Smitty about shiet" a regular feature on the MHF.

That was a sweet installment.

Gonna pedal home now and get some exercise before cracking some brewskies poolside.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:39 pm

pedal home
You're a living meme

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:04 pm

Another thing I don't like about this Dodge Demon; ultimate heatscore, Johnny Law is gonna be on you like a child molester on a school girl, they're just gonna follow you around all over the place looking to pounce, they'll literally be talking back and forth on the radio tracking where you're at, car like that, Johnny Law's gonna take it personal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:05 pm

Only because they want to paint a sheriff badge on it.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:07 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Only because they want to paint a sheriff badge on it.
Well that's it exactly, Johnny Law thinks only he should have a car like that, and you have one and he doesn't, he's gonna take it out on your checkbook, not to mention seize it from you the moment he gets his chance.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:08 pm

My first car was a Ford Focus. I'm never buying American again. What a piece of crap. Everything was breaking apart after a couple of years. Swedish, German or Japanese cars ever since. None of that cardboard crap ever again

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Shut your mouth. My E250 has 276k miles on the dash and still runs fine. No problems.... :shifty:

USDM has really closed the gap on qc these days for real.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:29 pm

A car sales man explained it to me once like this. In Germany the tax regulations makes it attractive to buy new company cars and keep them for two years. Same for rental companies. That means there is a huge amount of two yeast old cars on the market. The call them zwei jahrrs wagon. A huge market. That's what most Germans buy. Then they keep it for five years and buy a new one. So they are built to last for at least seven years before major failure. Sweden is similar. We mostly buy three year old cars every three years. In Japan they have a culture where they buy a new car and keep it their entire life. At least that's what it used to be and that is what made TOYOTA go for really long living cars. The rest of the Japanese car makers and the Koreans followed suit.
American cars are made to last two or three years. That's the warranty. After that things are starting to fall off.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Salacious salesman talk. He can hang.