Public School Education System Thread

apeman

Re: Public School Education System Thread

Post by apeman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 am

skankhunt42 wrote:So what is your final solution? Test children into oblivion, and if it at a certain age they don't meet your criteria academically we cast them into an intellectual holding cell or worse?
Extremely childish argument there skank, hang your head in shame. Try being a wee bit more charitable next time.

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:20 am

apeman wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:So what is your final solution? Test children into oblivion, and if it at a certain age they don't meet your criteria academically we cast them into an intellectual holding cell or worse?
Extremely childish argument there skank, hang your head in shame. Try being a wee bit more charitable next time.
Just to be clear, what was your argument again in this insane group think tank that we call a message board?
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:23 am

Zlaxer wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
So what is your final solution? Test children into oblivion, and if it at a certain age they don't meet your criteria academically we cast them into an intellectual holding cell or worse? How would that even work? You don't think this would divide society even more than it already is?

:shhh: You're the only one here talking about kicking kids out of school for failing tests. I was proposing making it non-mandatory.

Do you even have a plan? I mean a real plan, one that you thought out in detail?

Isn't that what we were discussing? A plan to improve public education by making it non-mandatory so that the kids who don't give a rats ass about learning can leave. Your position that we should attempt to educate all by force at the expense of those who actually want to improve themselves is misguided IMHO - it assumes that you're going to "reach" all of "the kids," or that the problematic kids are worth more than the studious ones. You're letting your emotions control your logic - as hard as it may be for your to grasp, not all kids are teachable (mostly due to failed homes)....It's not the role of the tax payer to play parent.....its a right to an education, its not the government's job to force the education on its citizens....Would my proposal cause some people to stay in poverty? sure, but IMHO, more people would make it out of poverty under my proposal than do in the current system - and thus result in a more educated society...20% of the people cause 80% of the problems...quit wasting time on the 20% to provide what the 80% are entitled too...a decent learning environment.....money is not the reason many schools feel like jails

Because as far as I can tell when it comes to the American education system (public or private), you're a faux elitist who gives hot takes on a random message board.

Classy :clap:

Nothing you have written is feasible, ethical, or what is best for society. To generalize and write off young people at such a young age from any intellectual opportunities because you feel they are inferior and disrupting your learning environment is short sighted and possibly makes you a bigot.

Bigot? seriously?

Our education system despite its flaws is one of the things that separates us from the rest of the world. We attempt to educate everyone, we don't just write off a selection of individuals.

That's your problem right there.....you believe the government should force education on people, where I believe that the government should only provide the opportunity to be educated - if you don't want it, don't take it.

To be sure, most of the problems that we have in education are direct results of other factors that effect certain communities. Your stupid plan to remove kids from their education wouldn't fix that. If anything, you're going to unleash a catastrophic version of Murphy's Law on the next generation. Believe that.

I disagree - the kids who would leave school under my proposal are the very kids you have no chance of teaching under the current system - If you were a doctor, your patients would die from gangrene because of your emotional fixation with saving their arm.
Wow. So you stated that....
Not all kids are teachable.

Jesus man, what the hell happened to you?

You and I will never have a common ground on probably anything regarding this topic. I wish you well, and I'm thankful you have no power to create any of your machinations on society.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
apeman wrote:
Just to be clear, what was your argument again in this insane group think tank that we call a message board?
That you should be cast into an intellectual holding cell.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:34 am

It doesn't take much of an imagination to understand who runs the government schools and to whose benefit. All you have to do is listen to the words coming directly out of the mouths of their flunkies.

Public School Is Often The Most Destructive Institution In American Life

katarn

Post by katarn » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:24 am

Zlaxer wrote:
skankhunt42 wrote:
So what is your final solution? Test children into oblivion, and if it at a certain age they don't meet your criteria academically we cast them into an intellectual holding cell or worse? How would that even work? You don't think this would divide society even more than it already is?

:shhh: You're the only one here talking about kicking kids out of school for failing tests. I was proposing making it non-mandatory.

Do you even have a plan? I mean a real plan, one that you thought out in detail?

Isn't that what we were discussing? A plan to improve public education by making it non-mandatory so that the kids who don't give a rats ass about learning can leave. Your position that we should attempt to educate all by force at the expense of those who actually want to improve themselves is misguided IMHO - it assumes that you're going to "reach" all of "the kids," or that the problematic kids are worth more than the studious ones. You're letting your emotions control your logic - as hard as it may be for your to grasp, not all kids are teachable (mostly due to failed homes)....It's not the role of the tax payer to play parent.....its a right to an education, its not the government's job to force the education on its citizens....Would my proposal cause some people to stay in poverty? sure, but IMHO, more people would make it out of poverty under my proposal than do in the current system - and thus result in a more educated society...20% of the people cause 80% of the problems...quit wasting time on the 20% to provide what the 80% are entitled too...a decent learning environment.....money is not the reason many schools feel like jails

Because as far as I can tell when it comes to the American education system (public or private), you're a faux elitist who gives hot takes on a random message board.

Classy :clap:

Nothing you have written is feasible, ethical, or what is best for society. To generalize and write off young people at such a young age from any intellectual opportunities because you feel they are inferior and disrupting your learning environment is short sighted and possibly makes you a bigot.

Bigot? seriously?

Our education system despite its flaws is one of the things that separates us from the rest of the world. We attempt to educate everyone, we don't just write off a selection of individuals.

That's your problem right there.....you believe the government should force education on people, where I believe that the government should only provide the opportunity to be educated - if you don't want it, don't take it.

To be sure, most of the problems that we have in education are direct results of other factors that effect certain communities. Your stupid plan to remove kids from their education wouldn't fix that. If anything, you're going to unleash a catastrophic version of Murphy's Law on the next generation. Believe that.

I disagree - the kids who would leave school under my proposal are the very kids you have no chance of teaching under the current system - If you were a doctor, your patients would die from gangrene because of your emotional fixation with saving their arm.
Nonmandatory school is probably better at a certain point than any other solution I've seen. Perhaps after elementary or middle school (because those teach skills needed in most fields anyway), but I think a variety of schools (public or private in theory) is needed too. Some trade and vocational along with the current model.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:46 am

skankhunt42 wrote:

Nothing you have written is feasible seems very feasbile to me - revoke the truancy statutes, ethical you better elaborate on your point? How is making school non-mandatory unethical?, or what is best for society IMHO - allowing the bad eggs to leave the incubator to make it easier for the good eggs to hatch is good for society. To generalize and write off young people at such a young age from any intellectual opportunities because you feel they are inferior and disrupting your learning environment is short sighted and possibly makes you a bigot. You obviously have a reading problem - THE ONLY PERSON TALKING ABOUT REMOVING KIDS FROM SCHOOL IS YOU - YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE :D [/u][/b]

Our education system despite its flaws is one of the things that separates us from the rest of the world. We attempt to educate everyone, we don't just write off a selection of individuals. At some point in time, the costs outweigh the benefit for both $$$$ and ethics

To be sure, most of the problems that we have in education are direct results of other factors that effect certain communities. Your stupid plan to remove kids from their education wouldn't fix that. :FACEPALM: again - YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE TALKING ABOUT REMOVING KIDS FROM SHCOOL

Wow. So you stated that....
Not all kids are teachable.

Jesus man, what the hell happened to you? Life - and the application of critical thinking and life experiences to current situations.......

You and I will never have a common ground on probably anything regarding this topic. I wish you well, and I'm thankful you have no power to create any of your machinations on society.

You have a hard time understanding my point because the concept that not all kids are teachable is totally alien to you - it breaks your belief that every problem has a "happy" solution....IMHO, that premise usually results in failed solutions because it's based on blind faith - Keep trying to "reach all kids", the tax payers will eventually pull the plug either by voting in responsible policy makers, or by running out of money - there is a limit to how much can be spent on education.....The problem of societal decay in the inner cities (which is the underlying problem) will not be solved by throwing more money at education. The problem lies with the parents, or lack thereof, and to some extent the teacher unions....

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:21 pm

apeman wrote:
Is Skank the reincarnation of RAnt? :think:

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
apeman wrote:
Is Skank the reincarnation of RAnt? :think:
I dunno, RAnt's time was before mine on the DCF, though I did get to see some snippets of RAnt's mental illness before Dan pulled the plug.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Rant was culled.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751