Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:23 am

de officiis wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well, I see it as an act of mercy. Life in a cage is no life at all. I'd prefer the death sentence to fighting for survival every day until death.
Perfectly illustrates the fascistic tendencies of the so-called modern liberal. "I can't imagine how I could spend the rest of my life living in prison, ergo the death penalty for all life sentences." It's this sort of thinking that underlies much of the abortion debate. Fuck that noise.
Elaborate. I don't see the connection between this and abortion (which I'm fully pro-choice on). Just claiming a moral high-ground here, because feels?

We shouldn't be putting people in cages for life, except for capital crimes. Once they're there, I don't see any reason to prolong the torture (and huge expense) for the rest of their lives. Just end it already.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:28 am

Tfw Dan was right about the slavery question and sometimes you just want to be locked up to get away from the commies

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
de officiis wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well, I see it as an act of mercy. Life in a cage is no life at all. I'd prefer the death sentence to fighting for survival every day until death.
Perfectly illustrates the fascistic tendencies of the so-called modern liberal. "I can't imagine how I could spend the rest of my life living in prison, ergo the death penalty for all life sentences." It's this sort of thinking that underlies much of the abortion debate. Fuck that noise.
Elaborate. I don't see the connection between this and abortion (which I'm fully pro-choice on). Just claiming a moral high-ground here, because feels?

We shouldn't be putting people in cages for life, except for capital crimes. Once they're there, I don't see any reason to prolong the torture (and huge expense) for the rest of their lives. Just end it already.
Hey, I thought this was the Mooslum bashing thread.
ps sorry Grumps but there is no justification for state sponsored murder.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 am

Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Implying libertarians haven't purposefully made it cheap and useless
https://openborders.info/libertarian/
Who believes that crap? Sounds like LP shit.

Here's an actual liberty red pill: http://libertyhangout.org/2016/12/open- ... communist/

Likewise, when there are open borders, taxpayers are made to subsidize public infrastructure which immigrants and citizens alike will then travel through. The same tragedy of the commons situation present in our education system will arise with open borders as well. Open borders will then have the same effect on our economy as the public school system. The country will become oversaturated with unskilled laborers who would have otherwise never made their way here under free market circumstances, in the same way that students who would have otherwise failed in private schools are allowed to receive a degree anyway, which lowers the utility for everyone else.

On top of the problems which arise from the tragedy of the commons, having open borders presents us with an even greater dilemma when you realize that people coming into this country can vote. The people coming here aren’t exactly libertarians, and they’re not coming here because America is ripe with job opportunities. The country is already suffering from an ailing economy, and millions are either unemployed or underemployed. What is instead attracting these migrants is America’s burgeoning welfare state, and though the market indicators are telling them not to come, the welfare is telling them to come anyway.

So what we are left with as a result of open borders are a tragedy of the commons, millions of new Democratic voters who will vote to increase taxes and take away the rest of our rights, and an even larger welfare state than before. There is nothing libertarian about this.

Also, check out some Mises. Here's a decent Tom Woods episode from last week: Ep. 924 Mises on Nationalism, the Right of Self-Determination, and the Problem of Immigration http://tomwoods.com/ep-924-mises-on-nat ... migration/

Close down all the borders; close down all the wars.
Reboasting this thank ok I'll keep you posted

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:43 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
de officiis wrote:

I honestly don't see the difference between that and locking someone away for life. Their lives are effectively over either way - one just involves 20 years of trauma.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:46 am

He's never been locked up

He's never done time

These are people that vote

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:51 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I honestly don't see the difference between that and locking someone away for life. Their lives are effectively over either way - one just involves 20 years of trauma.
Well, apart from some extreme examples, I'm not a fan of life sentences with no chance of parole either.
Some teenage gangbanger hopped up on crystal meth deserves at least the chance to show he regrets his actions and wants to reform himself and make amends to society.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:27 am

de officiis wrote:
Right, before GCF posted that, there was totally not any openly fascist or fascist-glorifying posts on this forum. And absolutely none that came from the right. And you definitely, absolutely and totally condemned all of them no matter who it came from, right? :roll:

It's funny how selective people can get about their principles when they fear they may lose friends over it, ain't it?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:43 am

BjornP wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Right, before GCF posted that, there was totally not any openly fascist or fascist-glorifying posts on this forum. And absolutely none that came from the right. And you definitely, absolutely and totally condemned all of them no matter who it came from, right? :roll:

It's funny how selective people can get about their principles when they fear they may lose friends over it, ain't it?
What friends?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:47 am

BjornP wrote:
de officiis wrote:

Show me the post. I wasn't aware there were other fascists here with me. Thinking of turning the elk lodge into a neonazi party so if you're out there hmu k thanks