An apology

Smitty-48

Re: An apology

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:56 am

I'm also not a Doomsday Prepper, because that's an oxymoron

Doom is doom, there is no perpetration which will save you, other than the God of the Hebrews that is
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:22 am
OK, I'm ready to admit that StA was right to be so worried about Covid19.
I still don't think his predictions about hundreds of millions of deaths will come true and I really hope I'm right about that but his advice about prepping seems more and more prophetic as the shelves empty and borders lockdown.

Sorry mate, we shouldn't have mocked your sacks of rice.

Let's not be selfish though guys...
https://twitter.com/BBCLookNorth/status ... 7265843202
+1 Good Men can admit when they were wrong.
The situation changed. A lot of things have happened since StA was freaking out.
When it was just bog rolls and hand cleaners you could dismiss it as stupid panic buyers but when you can't buy bread flour or potatoes you know it's getting serious.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:02 pm

The US isn't doing too bad
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:04 pm

I don't know if Canada is "doing well"

But the population is so dispersed here, unless you're in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver, it's not going to be a catastrophe
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:05 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:59 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:50 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:22 am
OK, I'm ready to admit that StA was right to be so worried about Covid19.
I still don't think his predictions about hundreds of millions of deaths will come true and I really hope I'm right about that but his advice about prepping seems more and more prophetic as the shelves empty and borders lockdown.

Sorry mate, we shouldn't have mocked your sacks of rice.

Let's not be selfish though guys...
https://twitter.com/BBCLookNorth/status ... 7265843202
+1 Good Men can admit when they were wrong.
The situation changed. A lot of things have happened since StA was freaking out.
When it was just bog rolls and hand cleaners you could dismiss it as stupid panic buyers but when you can't buy bread flour or potatoes you know it's getting serious.
Honestly, my life has hardly changed since the Bat Aids apocalypse kicked off. I was social distancing and happy working from home before it started. I didn't have too many gaps to fill in my preps, so just cruizin through for now. Will adjust as necessary.

My actual biggest concerns are security in the near future as this continues and humans, used to a soft, highly entertained and generally medicated state get cabin fever or lose their source of self medication.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:04 pm

But the population is so dispersed here, unless you're in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver, it's not going to be a catastrophe
Pretty much the way I feel too.

And I'm kinda pissed. Now that it threatens the lefties packed in like livestock, it's a national emergency.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:02 pm
The US isn't doing too bad
We can't trust the figures from China and America is still allowing internal flights.
Your advantage in geographic size is being thrown away to keep the airlines alive.
Don't get too cocky, it's only just starting there.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:09 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:06 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Pretty much the way I feel too.

And I'm kinda pissed. Now that it threatens the lefties packed in like livestock, it's a national emergency.
I love it tho, wartime conditions, I'm jacked for it

The only thing is the mission is actually to shelter in place, defensive routine

None the less, I've gone operational, Foreign Internal Defense, God bless America, God save the Queen
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:07 pm

We can't trust the figures from China and America is still allowing internal flights.
Your advantage in geographic size is being thrown away to keep the airlines alive.
Don't get too cocky, it's only just starting there.
Roger. We have a Black Swan event, and that makes a wide range of crazy shit suddenly possible.
PLATA O PLOMO

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Gaia loves it and Smitty has been in a good mood for a couple of weeks so it's not all bad.