Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Not boring.
CHAD AF

Montegriffo

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:02 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Where is his anger against what just happened? He could be for something during an election, but as we have found out through multiple candidates it doesn't mean he's going to keep his promises.

I think his lack of response on anything that is happened as of late is a perfect example of that. Especially since he thinks we should just get used to it as a people because it's just part of life.

My response bullshit
Lack of response? You need to start looking further than Trump's tweets for your information in future.
In the television interview on Sunday morning, Khan said the UK general election, scheduled for Thursday, should go ahead as planned. He added: “There aren’t words to describe the grief and anger that our city will be facing today. I’m appalled and furious that these cowardly terrorists would deliberately target innocent Londoners.

“There can be no justification for the acts of these terrorists and I am quite clear that we will never let them win.

“My message to Londoners and visitors to our great city is to be calm and vigilant today. You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers. There is no reason to be alarmed by this. We are the safest global city in the world. You saw last night as a consequence of our planning, our preparation, the rehearsals that take place, the swift response from the emergency services tackling the terrorists and also helping the injured.”
Trump quoted
There is no reason to be alarmed by this.
leaving out the part about
You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... or-attacks
Wow, the stupid is strong in this one...

Funny, the only people who care about Trump's tweets are the ones that hate him. I have better things to do than to follow his ass on twitter. Also, just because your lovely governor said that means shit. It's another empty statement by someone who says we should get used to this... he can be all bravado all he wants, show action... I don't give a fuck about words. Like you, most of what politicians say are empty statements with a lot of bluster and no teeth. If he cared that much about it, he would have cracked down a lot sooner.

And Trump should berate this guy, he's worthless as a governor. This is how many attacks in his area for as many months?

Hold on. First you berate Khan for not speaking out, then when I point out he has spoken out you say ''it's just words''.
How would you like him to show his anger at this attack? Through interpretive dance maybe?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 am

@ Bjorn

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just giving you my perspective.

I have no illusions about Russia's goals to expand it's political influence over former Soviet States. Of course they want to expand their influence. Russia always has the same problems, isolation due to geography, and to fix that they need access to places like Lithuania, Poland and the Ukraine. Nothing new there.

However, the EU does not project strength, considering the way the EU is bending over backwards to accommodate Muslims, what makes anyone think they can stand up to Russia ?

If Russia is such a threat, why doesn't the EU do something about the Ukraine ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:15 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Lack of response? You need to start looking further than Trump's tweets for your information in future.

Trump quoted leaving out the part about
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... or-attacks

Funny, the only people who care about Trump's tweets are the ones that hate him. I have better things to do than to follow his ass on twitter. Also, just because your lovely governor said that means shit. It's another empty statement by someone who says we should get used to this... he can be all bravado all he wants, show action... I don't give a fuck about words. Like you, most of what politicians say are empty statements with a lot of bluster and no teeth. If he cared that much about it, he would have cracked down a lot sooner.

And Trump should berate this guy, he's worthless as a governor. This is how many attacks in his area for as many months?

Hold on. First you berate Khan for not speaking out, then when I point out he has spoken out you say ''it's just words''.
How would you like him to show his anger at this attack? Through interpretive dance maybe?
He didn't speak out till something happened... that's not speaking out, that's getting in front of the limelight to make sure he's not forgotten. He's a politician, he's nothing beyond a pathetic waste of oxygen.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:17 am

C-Mag wrote:@ Bjorn

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Just giving you my perspective.

I have no illusions about Russia's goals to expand it's political influence over former Soviet States. Of course they want to expand their influence. Russia always has the same problems, isolation due to geography, and to fix that they need access to places like Lithuania, Poland and the Ukraine. Nothing new there.

However, the EU does not project strength, considering the way the EU is bending over backwards to accommodate Muslims, what makes anyone think they can stand up to Russia ?

They won't do shit, with Russia and other countries in the pocket of Russia on the Security Council... you'll be lucky if they get anything beyond a sneeze against Russia right now.
#NotOneRedCent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:38 am

C-Mag wrote:

It's always important to remember that "the EU" is not a homogenous, political organization. To the extent there is any EU "foreign policy", it's the one agreed upon in the Council of Europe, the EU body made up of the executive national leaders of the member states. For Britain for, example, it's PM Theresa May. For Denmark, PM Lars Løkke Rasmussen, for Germany, Chanchellor Merkel, etc.

Similarly, there is no integration policy on how to deal with Muslim immigration set forth by EU. It's still up to the national governments. Standing up to Russia requires not giving in to demands. They don't want to lose enourmous amounts of Russian soldier's lives trying to invade a well-defended Poland that has the backing of almost all of Europe, including possible nuclear weapons from France.

Why they don't do something about Ukraine? Aside from sanctions, you mean? You mean military action? Because it's not part of the EU and it's not an ally of any EU state. Ukraine wasn't part of the EU. Poland is. Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia is.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:47 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

He didn't speak out till something happened... that's not speaking out, that's getting in front of the limelight to make sure he's not forgotten. He's a politician, he's nothing beyond a pathetic waste of oxygen.
Ah, you think he should have rubbed his magic lamp and predicted the attack before it happened. :roll:
40 mins ago in a vigil for the London bridge attack he said,
'London stands in defiance against this cowardly attack and our city and our people and our values and our way of live.

'As the mayor of London I want to send a clear message to the sick and evil extremists who commit this hideous crimes; we will defeat you. You will not win.

'And as a proud and patriotic British Muslim I say this: you do not commit these disgusting acts in my name. Your perverse ideology has nothing to do with the true values of Islam and you will never succeed is dividing our city.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:53 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Ah, you think he should have rubbed his magic lamp and predicted the attack before it happened. :roll:
'London stands in defiance against this cowardly attack and our city and our people and our values and our way of live.

'As the mayor of London I want to send a clear message to the sick and evil extremists who commit this hideous crimes; we will defeat you. You will not win.

'And as a proud and patriotic British Muslim I say this: you do not commit these disgusting acts in my name. Your perverse ideology has nothing to do with the true values of Islam and you will never succeed is dividing our city.

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... oming.html
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am

I'd say Khan's word ring hollow with his connections to Muslim Brotherhood and other extremist organizations. It seems like he is one of them, honestly.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:08 am

The Conservative wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Really?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... oming.html
So what, you think London was not preparing for another attack? These threats come on an almost daily rate.
Exactly what do you think Khan should have done about a vague warning from ISIS? Round up all of Britain's Muslims and send them to internment camps? Shut down the city indefinitely? Impose martial law? Forcibly deport all followers of Islam?