Net Neutrality

nmoore63

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:33 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:The only reason to need net neutrality is if you live under a crony capitalist corporatacracy.

And if you live under one, net neutrality won’t save you.

More accurate: the only reason your nation would not have net neutrality is that you live in a crony capitalist corporatacracy.
My community is living proof that you are incorrect.

I have outlined for you previously why that is true and what the solution is there.

Net neutrality stifles innovation.

There is a reason you are on the same side as google and Facebook.

Where you see the community being slowed down against their will, I see you holding people back from the fast lane.

Preventing investment.

Forcing the ambulances into rush hour traffic.
Outlawing overnight mail.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:19 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
Penner wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:The only reason to need net neutrality is if you live under a crony capitalist corporatacracy.

And if you live under one, net neutrality won’t save you.
Again why are you so eager to get rid of a protection that benefits YOU the consumer?
Because it doesn’t.

Net neutrality starts from the false premise that all data is equal.

It’s not.
So you actually don't mind paying extra (and on top of your monthly fee) for sites like Netflix, Hulu, MHF, etc...?

It just sounds so stupid when people are trying to support getting ride of net neutrality.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Penner wrote:
nmoore63 wrote:
Penner wrote:
Again why are you so eager to get rid of a protection that benefits YOU the consumer?
Because it doesn’t.

Net neutrality starts from the false premise that all data is equal.

It’s not.
So you actually don't mind paying extra (and on top of your monthly fee) for sites like Netflix, Hulu, MHF, etc...?

It just sounds so stupid when people are trying to support getting ride of net neutrality.
I believe in free competition and let the consumer determine what the best isp strategies are.

I do not believe in a government mandated one.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:03 pm

The libertarian stance of not minding big business monopolies fucking them and everyone else in the ass as long as government provided lube isn't involved never ceases to amuse me.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:16 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:The libertarian stance of not minding big business monopolies fucking them and everyone else in the ass as long as government provided lube isn't involved never ceases to amuse me.
Except under the market conditions I live under, that is not the case.

Stop your government giving away free infrastructure to comcast, and you won’t have that problem either.

KerningChameleon

Post by KerningChameleon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:20 pm

nmoore63 wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:The libertarian stance of not minding big business monopolies fucking them and everyone else in the ass as long as government provided lube isn't involved never ceases to amuse me.
Except under the market conditions I live under, that is not the case.

Stop your government giving away free infrastructure to comcast, and you won’t have that problem either.
I'll think about when my state stops telling its municipalities they can't have local co-op internet to protect Charter's local monopoly.
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:27 pm

If your government is setting up for profit monopolies, net neutrality won’t save you.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It's almost as if they're trying to legislate something that they don't understand whatsoever.
Ma boy, have you heard the good word of our Lord and savior, "Responsible Encryption"?
Lol that is both depressing and hilarious.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:27 pm