How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

StCapps

Re: How's that Obamacare Repeal Working Out For You?

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
StCapps wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote::snooty: Trek isn't here buddy. He's dead to us.
He's lurking, and he made a few posts. He's just withholding his glorious rants from us for whatever reason, says he's busy or some shit.

That was drtrech posing as dbtrek. Don't tell DrY. He does get confused often.
Hehe
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Can you guys get with it. The House freedom caucus is holding this thing up. Trump has to see this as an exit, get out and replan your strategy.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:51 pm

clubgop wrote:Can you guys get with it. The House freedom caucus is holding this thing up. Trump has to see this as an exit, get out and replan your strategy.
If Trump goes down with the ship instead, and doesn't take the lifeboat, that would be quite disappointing. He better just be tokenly defending the bill while secretly wanting the bill to fail, that's all I'm saying. If Trump somehow helped crammed this through that would be a fuck up of epic proportions, thankfully it doesn't seem to have any real chance of passing, dap to the freedom caucus on this one for effectively torpedoing this pile of garbage.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:52 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
clubgop wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Nope. Not unless it's a non-budgetary "Reconciliation" measure. My state-funded propaganda radio station explained this yesterday.
But the entire thing is almost a budget reconciliation to begin with. Take the individual mandate take the penalty, which is a tax, which is budgetary lower it to $0.01 and viola obamacare repraled. The rest of the mandates, Tom Price can do whatever, that is what happens when every clause starts with "as the Secretary shall determine."
Whatever we individually want, we're all assuming they actually want to solve this mess, never mind having the courage to do so, which is big assumption. Unfortunately.
Alright Confucius, that was soooo helpful.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:56 pm

clubgop wrote:Can you guys get with it. The House freedom caucus is holding this thing up. Trump has to see this as an exit, get out and replan your strategy.
I really don't understand what is going on.

Trump will fix it.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:06 pm

StCapps wrote:
If Trump goes down with the ship instead, and doesn't take the lifeboat, that would be quite disappointing. He better just be tokenly defending the bill while secretly wanting the bill to fail, that's all I'm saying. If Trump somehow helped crammed this through that would be a fuck up of epic proportions, thankfully it doesn't seem to have any real chance of passing.
Yeah even if you got something passed at this point it would hurt more than help. It's the bribes and kickbacks that will hurt the most. Remember the Louisiana Purchase or Cornhusker kickback. Just kill this pig and move on.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:

Trump will fix it.

No he won't. He aint pulling 60 votes out of the Senate he is lucky if he can get to 50 at this point.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:09 pm

One can only hope, but this debacle is concerning.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:11 pm

clubgop wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

Trump will fix it.

No he won't. He aint pulling 60 votes out of the Senate he is lucky if he can get to 50 at this point.
Why so low? Do I have to turn on the GOP again? I swear I just did this not even a year ago and it's oh so tedious. Can we just get along now?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

clubgop wrote:Yeah even if you got something passed at this point it would hurt more than help. It's the bribes and kickbacks that will hurt the most. Remember the Louisiana Purchase or Cornhusker kickback. Just kill this pig and move on.
Time to cut your losses. That's the best play for Trump at this point, so lets just hope Trump sees it that way too. Now Trump has his out to say he tried to repeal Obamacare within 100 days and fulfill that major campaign promise and his supporters will cut him slack and blame Paul Ryan for not delivering on it. Hard for Paul Ryan and the GOP establishment to get pissed at Trump when he "did all he could" to help pass their plan, but it was just too shitty to even come close to passing.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*