Europe, Boring Until it's Not

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:29 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Only to you... because it misses the key point. The need for debate is there, but also the need to allow to disagree is required more so... because without it, you are just going to get a whole lot of "no".

My Papa and I used to have heated debates all the time, to the point where we'd be raising our voices, etc... we didn't agree all the time, but we always left friends at the end. This type of conversation doesn't happen any more in congress, or anywhere else in the political spectrum.
And it never will, until a legitimate third party is in place.
He thinks a legitimate third party in place would fix American political discourse. That's a good one, keep dreaming. :lol:
I think it's a much better plan than perpetuating the uber-duopoly of Stupid that we currently have, forcing everyone to fit new ideas into a ridiculous Left vs Right paradigm.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think it's a much better plan than perpetuating the uber-duopoly of Stupid that we currently have, forcing everyone to fit new ideas into a ridiculous Left vs Right paradigm.
Third party is no panacea my friend, it won't change much at all. I'd look for a better solution if I were you, if you expect a legit third party to have a notable impact on the quality of political discourse, then you are going to be disappointed when it doesn't deliver the results you expected.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:38 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I think it's a much better plan than perpetuating the uber-duopoly of Stupid that we currently have, forcing everyone to fit new ideas into a ridiculous Left vs Right paradigm.
Third party is no panacea my friend, it won't change much at all. I'd look for a better solution if I were you.
Well, the best this group has come up with involved either A) Police State, B) Dictators, or C) Anarchy. There was also some talk of splitting up into ethno-states, which I'm filing under C.

I'm pretty sure this is the best we've got so far...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:41 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well, the best this group has come up with involved either A) Police State, B) Dictators, or C) Anarchy. There was also some talk of splitting up into ethno-states, which I'm filing under C.

Well you aren't trying hard enough then. How about not having an election every two seconds, you silly Yanks, that might help the quality of discourse if politicians aren't constantly in campaign mode and there is a longer cool down period between campaigning and governing, so they politicians can actually get shit done. Ever think of that?
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:43 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Well, the best this group has come up with involved either A) Police State, B) Dictators, or C) Anarchy. There was also some talk of splitting up into ethno-states, which I'm filing under C.

Well you aren't trying hard enough then. How about not having an election every two seconds, you silly Yanks, that might help the quality of discourse if politicians aren't constantly in campaign mode.
Term limits for Congress. No more than 2 terms in House/Senate in a lifetime.

Doesn't solve it, but it'd probably help.
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:44 am

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Only to you... because it misses the key point. The need for debate is there, but also the need to allow to disagree is required more so... because without it, you are just going to get a whole lot of "no".

My Papa and I used to have heated debates all the time, to the point where we'd be raising our voices, etc... we didn't agree all the time, but we always left friends at the end. This type of conversation doesn't happen any more in congress, or anywhere else in the political spectrum.
And it never will, until a legitimate third party is in place.
He thinks a legitimate third party in place would fix American political discourse. That's a good one, keep dreaming. :lol:
I voted for Ross Perot, but that being said, third party as of late has been a joke.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:46 am

Ph64 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Well you aren't trying hard enough then. How about not having an election every two seconds, you silly Yanks, that might help the quality of discourse if politicians aren't constantly in campaign mode.
If you don't change the length of the terms in office before they need to campaign again, then all you are doing is fucking with incumbents. If you had less elections, fundraising for elections would become less important and actually getting things done in office will become more important.

The people will judge you more on performance in office, and will judge you less on performance on the campaign trail, at least when compared to the current status quo. Legislative elections every two years? That's retarded. You do this to yourselves, with your never ending election bullshit, at least Canada takes a break every now and then, to you know, actually govern.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:51 am

StCapps wrote:
Ph64 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Well you aren't trying hard enough then. How about not having an election every two seconds, you silly Yanks, that might help the quality of discourse if politicians aren't constantly in campaign mode.
If you don't change the length of the terms in office before they need to campaign again, then all you are doing is fucking with incumbents. If you had less elections, fundraising for elections would become less important and actually getting things done in office will become more important.

The people will judge you more on performance in office, and will judge you less on performance on the campaign trail. Elections every two years? That's retarded.
We don't elect every congressman every 2 years. The representatives serve 2 year terms (which I agree is retarded), and the senators serve 6 year terms.

I agree that there should be a 2-term limit though absolutely.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:53 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:We don't elect every congressman every 2 years. The representatives serve 2 year terms (which I agree is retarded), and the senators serve 6 year terms.

I agree that there should be a 2-term limit though absolutely.
Every two years, it's election season. That's stupid, at least make it four years in between election seasons. Mid-term elections are fucking retarded, get rid of them, elect the entire house and senate at once, don't stretch it out, and stagger these elections, just so you can have even more elections, like complete morons.

Learn how to run a government properly, and quit being petulant children who demand elections every two seconds, it'll go along way to improving American political discourse.
Last edited by StCapps on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:58 am

Term Limits are a part of my Radical Solution.
1. Term Limits
2. Senators and Congressmen are appointed in a Jury type Selection process. The pool will of applicable candidates will be current and former elected State Officials. Judges, Governors, State Legislators, State Attorneys, Dog Catcher. If you were elected by the State you are in the pool
3. You serve 1-2 Terms and that's it. You're done for life.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience