An apology

Montegriffo

Re: An apology

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:01 pm

Boris has told us in today's press conference that if we don't start acting responsibly and taking social distancing seriously then he will have no option but to get stricter on what restrictions he'll apply.
Much like with the pub closures he advised us first to avoid them and 3 days later told us to close and not open again until we are given the OK.
Total clampdown on movement by mid-week is my guess. Shopping for food and dog walking only. Essential working only to follow.
More pleading to us to stop panic buying too.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:01 pm
Boris has told us in today's press conference that if we don't start acting responsibly and taking social distancing seriously then he will have no option but to get stricter on what restrictions he'll apply.
Much like with the pub closures he advised us first to avoid them and 3 days later told us to close and not open again until we are given the OK.
Total clampdown on movement by mid-week is my guess. Shopping for food and dog walking only. Essential working only to follow.
More pleading to us to stop panic buying too.
What did Natasha say? 90's kids will understand that reference.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Montegriffo wrote:

Clamp away, I'm snug as a bug in a rug

The game meal for tonight is American Style Cheesy Goulash with Macaroni, homemade bread on the side
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:09 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

The game meal for tonight is American Style Cheesy Goulash with Macaroni, homemade bread on the side
I wasn't planning on leaving the farm for at least the next 3 weeks anyway.

Post pics of the bread so we can compare. Does Mrs Smitty do it the old fashioned way or does she use a bread making machine?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Does Mrs Smitty do it the old fashioned way or does she use a bread making machine?
This is Twenty Four Hour No Knead Bread

But she does it in the Instant Pot so it only takes six hours to rise instead of twenty four

Then she bakes it in the oven

Basically looks exactly like this

https://s23991.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploa ... -bread.jpg
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:25 pm

You might no need bread, but talk to those Venezuelans. They yes need that shit.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:09 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Hah we’re having the same thing tonight.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:22 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Does Mrs Smitty do it the old fashioned way or does she use a bread making machine?
This is Twenty Four Hour No Knead Bread

But she does it in the Instant Pot so it only takes six hours to rise instead of twenty four

Then she bakes it in the oven

Basically looks exactly like this

https://s23991.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploa ... -bread.jpg
Ah, similar to damper bread Aussie style.
They mix it in a Dutch oven and then cook it in the embers of an open fire.
Proper bush bread they use baking soda or a can of beer to get the CO2 into the flour instead of yeast so there's no proving and the whole process takes little more than half an hour.
You've probably seen something similar in the field.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Ah, similar to damper bread Aussie style.
They mix it in a Dutch oven and then cook it in the embers of an open fire.
Proper bush bread they use baking soda or a can of beer to get the CO2 into the flour instead of yeast so there's no proving and the whole process takes little more than half an hour.
You've probably seen something similar in the field.
Dorothy Gale is going into full on homesteader mode, she needs constant activities.

Hup, here she comes with cookies now, this was is gonna make me fat if this keeps up.
Nec Aspera Terrent