Europe, Boring Until it's Not

de officiis

Re: Europe Boring Until it's Not

Post by de officiis » Mon May 29, 2017 5:04 am

ssu wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote: :lol:

You post that nonsense as if the Sikhs are on your side.
Quite true story. Happens for Sikhs.

I Remember first time happened after 9/11 in the media. Train was stopped in the US, police detained a sikh from the train. Nothing came out of it. And seems to be universal that people don't know the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim.
Intimidation (against the Sikhs) intensified in the months after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, when a wave of anti-Islamic sentiment washed over the country, leading some to confuse the long beards and turbans worn by many Sikh men as a representation of Islam. Others viewed it simply as an opportunity to attack individuals they perceived as being “un-American.” According to the Sikh Coalition, there were more than 300 cases of violence and discrimination against U.S. Sikhs in the first month after the 2001 attacks.

The hatred peaked more than a decade later, when a white supremacist named Wade Michael Page walked into a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., and opened fire on a crowd of worshipers, killing six and wounding three before taking his own life.
See here
A professor at Columbia University who is Sikh was attacked Saturday night in upper Manhattan by a mob who called him “Osama” and “terrorist,” police said Sunday.
See here
The Police Department in Kent, Washington is investigating a Friday night shooting that left a man wounded as a possible hate crime. A Sikh man was shot in Washington state by an attacker who approached him in his driveway and yelled, "go back to your own country" according to police reports. The victim was wearing a turban at the time of the shooting
See here

Not daily/weekly incidents of course, but quite typical. Goes on and on...

But I guess fake news for you.
It would suck to be wasted by a guy who hated you for your religious beliefs. But it would really suck to be wasted by a confused guy who thought you held someone else's religious beliefs.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon May 29, 2017 5:31 am

California wrote: Our defense spending goes to protect everyone. That's money out of my paycheck, not yours.

Beyond that, the real problem is how globalism then creates a race to the bottom for the working class which destroys the middle class and creates even worse wealth disparity. No one's first world wage needs can compete with slave labor in the third world.
Not mine? You high? My taxes don't go to defense spending, to NATO contributions, my taxes don't to go pay for YOUR wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? My taxes didn't pay for sending our soldiers to Iraq back in your (non-NATO) war in Iraq 2003? My taxes didn't go to pay for when we fullfilled our NATO article 5 obligation to assist your asses in Afghanistan?

You don't "protect everyone". :roll: That's not why your defense spending is higher than the other NATO members. The only reason you spend more than the rest of NATO is because you insist on having a presence in nearly every country in the world on all the continents of the globe. Even Russia would not suddenly invade and expand their territory all the way to France just because you left. The reason you have a presence everywhere, is because that gives your country more power, more influence for when you negotiate trade deals with potential new markets and contain potential rivals and enemies.

Don't want all that power? Give it up. Don't want to be allied? Don't be. But ffs, stop pretending that you're "owed" shit or that everyone else isn't paying their fair share in fighting your wars with you. It's not the rest of NATO who keeps asking for troops for another foreign adventure: That's you guys.

But as for the wage issue: Absolutely agree on that. Countries like China or Vietnam don't allow workers unionizing, which is perfect for some companies and the governments that champion them. I doubt many Western governments would want to make the right to unionize part of their foreign policy issues, though.
Last edited by BjornP on Mon May 29, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 29, 2017 5:37 am

BjornP wrote:
California wrote: Our defense spending goes to protect everyone. That's money out of my paycheck, not yours.

Beyond that, the real problem is how globalism then creates a race to the bottom for the working class which destroys the middle class and creates even worse wealth disparity. No one's first world wage needs can compete with slave labor in the third world.
Not mine? You high? My taxes don't go to defense spending, to NATO contributions, my taxes don't to go pay for YOUR wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? My taxes didn't pay for sending our soldiers to Iraq back in your (non-NATO) war in Iraq 2003? My taxes didn't go to pay for when we fullfilled our NATO article 5 obligation to assist your asses in Afghanistan?

You don't "protect everyone". :roll: That's not why your defense spending is higher than the other NATO members. The only reason you spend more than the rest of NATO is because you insist on having a presence in nearly every country in the world on all the continents of the globe. Even Russia would not suddenly invade and expand their territory all the way to France just because you left. The reason you have a presence everywhere, is because that gives your country more power, more influence for when you negotiate trade deals with potential new markets and contain potential rivals and enemies.

Don't want all that power? Give it up. Don't want to be allied? Don't be. But ffs, stop pretending that you're "owed" shit or that everyone else isn't paying their fair share in fighting your wars with you. It's not the rest of NATO who keeps asking for troops for another foreign adventure: That's you guys.
I'm fine with that. Don't act like I'm happy that we're spread out all over the world. That's 1/3 of my paycheck that could go to improving my own country instead of projecting power on the rest of the world
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 29, 2017 8:21 am

More British girls getting culturally enriched:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/05 ... away-kent/

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon May 29, 2017 9:27 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:More British girls getting culturally enriched:

Poor Monty, can't even offer them the poor excuse of being "British" citizens.
On the bright side, at least she wasn't ground into pizza toppings.
Video from the comment section:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 29, 2017 9:36 am

California wrote:
BjornP wrote:

I'm fine with that. Don't act like I'm happy that we're spread out all over the world. That's 1/3 of my paycheck that could go to improving my own country instead of projecting power on the rest of the world
Same. This is not our choice, Bjorn. We are never given a candidate that actually wants to lower military spending, or stop foreign wars.

The world is at the mercy of our government, and so are we.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:

They are going to make a martyr of him. I realize that a lot of Englishmen are beyond hope at this point, but enough of them are eventually going to get so fed up that government is going to be in a world of shit.

What a shit show the UK government really is, though. They are warned that this one kid is a terrorist who plans to attack British citizens and they do nothing. They already know he is connected to a Muslim rape gang. They know the mosque he goes to constantly preaches death and hatred. But they do nothing for months before he blows up 22 people. Yet you can be sure they will imprison anybody who criticizes them.

I can't believe that will go on for much longer before shit gets ugly on the streets of England.

Nobody should owe a pence to a government that treats them this way. That government should be replaced. The Queen should just clear out Parliament and start over.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon May 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:

They are going to make a martyr of him. I realize that a lot of Englishmen are beyond hope at this point, but enough of them are eventually going to get so fed up that government is going to be in a world of shit.

What a shit show the UK government really is, though. They are warned that this one kid is a terrorist who plans to attack British citizens and they do nothing. They already know he is connected to a Muslim rape gang. They know the mosque he goes to constantly preaches death and hatred. But they do nothing for months before he blows up 22 people. Yet you can be sure they will imprison anybody who criticizes them.

I can't believe that will go on for much longer before shit gets ugly on the streets of England.

Nobody should owe a pence to a government that treats them this way. That government should be replaced. The Queen should just clear out Parliament and start over.
Gavin's video about the caste system in Britain is great. Here in the US we don't quite have that because of our history of liberty; even our race problems allow class jumping that the caste system doesn't really allow in England. Just think of George Harrison writing Taxman; he was a working-class kid from Liverpool and could not understand why the government was taking 90% of what he and the rest of the Beatles had earned through no part of the government

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon May 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Fucking ridiculous.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon May 29, 2017 8:19 pm

This is interesting
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience