2020 election

Montegriffo

Re: 2020 election

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am

Do you even read what I post?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:52 am
Find a way to mitigate that doesn't involve government intervention, or shut the fuck up. Your proposed solutions are garbage, as are the solutions of people you are defending.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 am
Al Gore said the same shit a decade ago. By now California and Florida should be under water.
No loss if it was only CA.
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:10 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Find a way to mitigate that doesn't involve government intervention, or shut the fuck up. Your proposed solutions are garbage, as are the solutions of people you are defending.
Be specific about what proposals of mine are garbage.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:10 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 am
It's already too late to stop climate change. The effects are all around us. Flooding from freak rains becoming more common. Glaciers disappearing. Increased wildfires. Barrier reef dying off. Storm intensity increasing. Record temperatures year on year.
We could stick our heads in the sand and hope it doesn't affect us personally or we could look for ways to slow it and mitigate the consequences.
Most of the world gets this. The US just associates it with the big red scare, the fossil fuel lobby funds dubious science to pour scorn on it and coerces its bought and paid for President into ranting about a Chinese hoax.
You can't reason with these people, there's no facts or science that will trump the fact that climate denial has become part of the US GOP "brand". The Pentagon is planning for global warming and sea level rise because they're realists not because they're shills for Gore, but these politicians believe denying facts will make them go away because the carbon industry is paying them to, and people here parrot their lines.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... e-threats/
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:10 am
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
All the ones that ban anything you don't like, that's just to start. Throw out that bullshit and try again.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 am

brewster wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
It's already too late to stop climate change. The effects are all around us. Flooding from freak rains becoming more common. Glaciers disappearing. Increased wildfires. Barrier reef dying off. Storm intensity increasing. Record temperatures year on year.
We could stick our heads in the sand and hope it doesn't affect us personally or we could look for ways to slow it and mitigate the consequences.
Most of the world gets this. The US just associates it with the big red scare, the fossil fuel lobby funds dubious science to pour scorn on it and coerces its bought and paid for President into ranting about a Chinese hoax.
You can't reason with these people, there's no facts or science that will trump the fact that climate denial has become part of the US GOP "brand". The Pentagon is planning for global warming and sea level rise because they're realists not because they're shills for Gore, but these politicians believe denying facts will make them go away because the carbon industry is paying them to, and people here parrot their lines.

Even if I granted you that climate change is happening and something needs to be done about it, your proposed solutions are still trash, and you can't be reasoned with. Some on the other side refusing to even make that concession does not justify the counter-productive nonsensical government power grabs you are so fond of.

Come up with better solutions, and then get back to me. But trying to paint your side as the rational side just because there are dumb people on the other side is a trash argument, as if your side has no dummies on it, that's just silly. You are attacking a strawman to convince yourself your argument doesn't suck, but if it's not being compared to your cherry picked strawman, your argument doesn't hold up at all.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:19 am

brewster wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Oh, I'm already aware that you can't reason with them. It helps me to put my thoughts to paper (figuratively) though and it occasionally encourages others like yourself to bring other salient facts to the table.
You never know some less entrenched people may even consider changing their minds about the hoax narrative being spread by vested interests.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:22 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:19 am
brewster wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Oh, I'm already aware that you can't reason with them. It helps me to put my thoughts to paper (figuratively) though and it occasionally encourages others like yourself to bring other salient facts to the table.
You never know some less entrenched people may even consider changing their minds about the hoax narrative being spread by vested interests.
Even if they conceded the hoax thing, your argument would still suck. Even if you think their argument sucks more than yours does, that doesn't make your argument good.

As far as I am concerned, everyone on this forum is more reasonable on this subject than either of you, whether they agree with either of you or not.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:25 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:11 am
Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
All the ones that ban anything you don't like, that's just to start. Throw out that bullshit and try again.
You think I don't like gas-guzzling cars or the convenience and cost advantages of taking a plane to my house in France?
I like both, I even like the taste of meat. I'm not going to indulge myself though because their consequences go against what I think we should be doing to protect the environment.