Social Justice Warriors Thread

The Conservative

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Please show me the word dye on this salon menu, please.
Salon Menu .jpg
Or Here: http://www.vividbeautysalon.com

or Here: http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-color/H ... ml?q=Color

Please, explain to me where the word dye comes into play anywhere... As you keep telling me, know when to stop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Because, though uneducated in the arcane and difficult art of cutting hair, I *am* educated in part in linguistics on account of being a computational linguistics doctoral student. I am telling you that, without a doubt, to dye something and to color something are synonymous. If you don't believe that, then open any dictionary and lookup the word dye.

Right, ok... do you understand the difference between how a dye interacts with human hair and the way that tube color does?

Please, oh mighty egotistical god of the MH forum that knows everything about nothing, please tell me what my wife was trained to do, and tell me why an entire educational system is wrong as well, oh mighty ego!

It's irrelevant to the fact that we use the two words synonymously or that you didn't even know about the word dye until three hours ago.
When people say they want to dye their hair it is a pet peeve of people in the salon industry... so yeah, I did care, because my wife cares and she'd correct me each time I made that mistake while she was going through school. I prefer to be correct, then wrong, like you are.
#NotOneRedCent

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:25 pm

The industry has a preferred word that means the same as another word. It does not, in any way, change the meaning of the less preferred word. It still means the same.

OSHA uses the word egress. It is still an exit, TC.
Account abandoned.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:28 pm

The unskilled laborers in the "salon industry" don't get to change the dictionary.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Kath wrote:The industry has a preferred word that means the same as another word. It does not, in any way, change the meaning of the less preferred word. It still means the same.

OSHA uses the word egress. It is still an exit, TC.
Ok, I will ask you then, what is the difference on how a color reacts with hair and a dye. Please, explain, because they do act differently when it comes to hair.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Fascinating........... truly fascinating :think:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Maybe I'll break out my tie-colored t-shirt tomorrow. :roll:

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Spell *this* shit, white-bread shit:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:16 pm

C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Oh, is #MeToo turning into a witch hunt. Didn't see that coming..
I warned people about this when it came out.

I have a different opinion on this than you guys.
These guys doing this in Hollywood are fucking low life pigs. They need to go, they need to be rooted out and punished if they are found guilty.

You gotta get these guys, to get the really bad ones, the pedophiles. After that, yeah there are militant feminists to deal with, there will be false claims to deal with, but then what. When it becomes Verboten to have a casting couch in Hollywood, then the #MeToo chicks won't be able to seek out and go to the Weinsteins of the world, trade their body for roles................... maybe, just maybe we may come to a more merit based system.

BTW, I've always though Meryl Streep was awful, who'd she blow ?
Looks to me like most of the industry considered it the cost of doing business. Best to just let everyone know who they are, and to stay away, rather than let them pretend it isn't precisely who they are. I'm talking about the chicks too. Looks like everyone knew and did nothing, like a mother who knows her boyfriend is raping her daughter, but doesn't do anything.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:22 pm

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Print the legend, killjoy. :snooty:
Guiness contains fish
THE black stuff is clarified with isinglass - a form of gelatine made from the air bladders of fish. It's only a minute amount but technically it's still a fishy pint.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gu ... ish-476494
A vegetarian-friendly alternative used in some beers is Irish moss.

All German beers are also safe for veggies because of a law from 1516 which states their beer must contain only four products - hops, water, sugar and yeast.
So its like Worcestershire sauce?

Isn't Worcestershire sauce basically garum?
They were trying to overturn that law in Germany a couple years back. Don't know how it went.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751