Social Justice Warriors Thread

K@th

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:09 am

The Conservative wrote:
You can't die your hair, you can color your hair. You can't kill what is already dead...
Dye literally means "to color." It's not die, as in dead. :roll:
Account abandoned.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:14 am

de officiis wrote:Kellogg's to replace racially insensitive Corn Pops boxes following Twitter call out
Kellogg's will be redesigning Corn Pops cereal boxes after a complaint about racially insensitive art on the packaging.

The Battle Creek, Mich.-based cereal and snack maker said on Twitter Wednesday it will replace the cover drawing of cartoon characters shaped like corn kernels populating a shopping mall. The corn pop characters are shown shopping, playing in an arcade or frolicked in a fountain. One skateboards down an escalator.

What struck Saladin Ahmed was that a single brown corn pop was working as a janitor operating a floor waxer. Ahmed, current writer of Marvel Comics' Black Bolt series and author of 2012 fantasy novel Throne of the Crescent Moon, took to Twitter on Tuesday to ask, "Why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? this is teaching kids racism."

He added in a subsequent post: "yes its a tiny thing, but when you see your kid staring at this over breakfast and realize millions of other kids are doing the same…"

Kellogg's responded to Ahmed on the social media network about five hours later that "Kellogg is committed to diversity & inclusion. We did not intend to offend – we apologize. The artwork is updated & will be in stores soon."
Saladin Ahmed: the first grown-ass man to study his box of Corn Pops.
Dammit man, I posted this a page back from you. 8-)

I see he is the write for Marvel's Black Bolt. I will now be looking for his name on any comics I intend to read and skip anything with this fool's name on it. It's been hard to find good and entertaining stories in Marvel comics lately, I'm guessing guys like this are the reason why.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:21 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
You can't die your hair, you can color your hair. You can't kill what is already dead...
Gives new meaning to term tie dye. Maybe TC that means someone hanged themselves by their tie. :lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:24 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Gives new meaning to term tie dye. Maybe TC that means someone hanged themselves by their tie. :lol:
No it's an Indochinese funeral.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:24 am

Nukedog wrote:Image

Wow. You're pretty stupid reddit. Sending your users out to get radicalized like that.
Crackdown on violent content. Hmmmmm. Waiting for all the violent posts against Trump and other conservatives to be removed.
Waiting....
Still waiting......

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:43 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Now, hold on, I've heard women say there hair is dead, and I'm pretty sure Trumps hair has been to the Taxidermist.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 am

Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Please, don’t try to debate something you know nothing about. I helped my wife pass her hair stylist exam, I know in this case what I’m talking about.

You dye cloth, you color hair.

If you go to a hair stylist and they say dye, walk away. They don’t know what they are doing.

And spell checker auto-corrected.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:27 am

The Conservative wrote:
Kath wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Please, don’t try to debate something you know nothing about. I helped my wife pass her hair stylist exam, I know in this case what I’m talking about.

You dye cloth, you color hair.

If you go to a hair stylist and they say dye, walk away. They don’t know what they are doing.

And spell checker auto-corrected.

These are synonyms TC. To "color" hair, you apply a dye. That noun dye refers to the substance you use to color your hair. The verb form of dye is synonomous with the verb form of "color".

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 am

dye
dī/Submit
noun
a natural or synthetic substance used to add a color to or change the color of something.
synonyms: colorant, coloring, color, dyestuff, pigment, tint, stain, wash
"a blue dye"
verb
add a color to or change the color of (something) by soaking it in a solution impregnated with a dye.
"I dyed my hair blonde"
synonyms: color, tint, pigment, stain, wash
"the gloves were dyed"
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:29 am

Would someone please think of the hair? It’s dying all over the country, as we speak.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0