Social Justice Warriors Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:35 am

It's almost as if the nonwhites aren't happy living in a predominantly white nation. Weird.

nmoore63

Post by nmoore63 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It's almost as if the nonwhites aren't happy living in a predominantly white nation. Weird.
Way more crazy white sjw/ crazy feminists / etc than there are non-white.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:36 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
That is the cleanest burn I ever saw then.

Are you a renowned trauma surgeon as well as an astronaut?
I've had my fair share of grease burns on me, as well as dealing with some chemical burns working for industrial works.

Hair salons when testing out something like a new bleach, or on a new client tend to do a small patch of hair folded in foil normally it's taken off the person and given a time test before testing it on a person directly. If the bleach reacts correctly, they go onto the head. If the solution touched the scalp then they over-saturated the area directly instead of foiling like they are meant to when bleaching hair.

The reason for the test piece is to make sure that the hair will do what it's meant to. If a person uses box colors or cheap color the bleach won't blond a person's hair, or lighten it, but it may change the color.

If this person just swathed the treatment on said person's hair, they were not certified hair stylists. This to me looks more like someone dug a little too deep into a scalp cutting hairs with sheers.

I helped my wife pass her hair stylist exam... so yeah I know a bit about how to treat hair.
According to the article the burn was caused by mixing two different bleaches together which were not compatible. This is what training and regulation aims to eliminate. The victim didn't sue as the trainee was not insured and she didn't want to ruin her life (also presumably as she was a student she didn't have any money anyway.)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Wow. You're pretty stupid reddit. Sending your users out to get radicalized like that.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Kellogg's to replace racially insensitive Corn Pops boxes following Twitter call out
Kellogg's will be redesigning Corn Pops cereal boxes after a complaint about racially insensitive art on the packaging.

The Battle Creek, Mich.-based cereal and snack maker said on Twitter Wednesday it will replace the cover drawing of cartoon characters shaped like corn kernels populating a shopping mall. The corn pop characters are shown shopping, playing in an arcade or frolicked in a fountain. One skateboards down an escalator.

What struck Saladin Ahmed was that a single brown corn pop was working as a janitor operating a floor waxer. Ahmed, current writer of Marvel Comics' Black Bolt series and author of 2012 fantasy novel Throne of the Crescent Moon, took to Twitter on Tuesday to ask, "Why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? this is teaching kids racism."

He added in a subsequent post: "yes its a tiny thing, but when you see your kid staring at this over breakfast and realize millions of other kids are doing the same…"

Kellogg's responded to Ahmed on the social media network about five hours later that "Kellogg is committed to diversity & inclusion. We did not intend to offend – we apologize. The artwork is updated & will be in stores soon."
Saladin Ahmed: the first grown-ass man to study his box of Corn Pops.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Where is the lie?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 am

California wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
What, in the holy fuck, is that?!? I don't even know how you could do that without trying your best to dig a pair of clippers into his head. Guessing that's not from a haircut.
This is a result of getting your hair dyed by someone working in a hair salon without the required training
One can buy hair dye and do this to themselves at home. Should we disallow that as well?

Otherwise licensing makes no sense
You can't die your hair, you can color your hair. You can't kill what is already dead...

And there are stores out there that will only cater to people with hair stylist licenses. They get a discount on products, and other items not in the store.

On that note though, what you get in the supermarket, or Target, or wherever you get your hair products from, they aren't the same quality. You get a "permanent" hair color system from Target for $5 to $10 you are getting shit. Hair color by itself when done at a salon costs $7.00 to $14.00 a tube, and that is before you mix it.

Not to mention your hair needs to be treated beforehand to lift it so that the color can take as well. Normally you will require a peroxide mixture that will allow it to be lifted... Each time you do this though it damages your hair. So treatment such as a keratin treatment or a good conditioner will allow your hair to be more durable for longer, otherwise split ends can occur with mistreated hair. Which is normal when you buy box shit.

There is a reason women pay $100+ for getting their hair done, it's because the cost of product and hours required to make it happen.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:05 am

Women pay over a hundred dollars to color their hair because they tend to be superficial, vain creatures.

Hell, archaeologists keep finding shiny objects they would adorn themselves with in caves and prehistoric settlements. Everybody was living on the edge of existence, and women were already demanding shiny things to look good. "Honey, try to find some shiny rocks on the way back from your mammoth hunt (if you survive)."

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:06 am

Montegriffo wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

Are you a renowned trauma surgeon as well as an astronaut?
I've had my fair share of grease burns on me, as well as dealing with some chemical burns working for industrial works.

Hair salons when testing out something like a new bleach, or on a new client tend to do a small patch of hair folded in foil normally it's taken off the person and given a time test before testing it on a person directly. If the bleach reacts correctly, they go onto the head. If the solution touched the scalp then they over-saturated the area directly instead of foiling like they are meant to when bleaching hair.

The reason for the test piece is to make sure that the hair will do what it's meant to. If a person uses box colors or cheap color the bleach won't blond a person's hair, or lighten it, but it may change the color.

If this person just swathed the treatment on said person's hair, they were not certified hair stylists. This to me looks more like someone dug a little too deep into a scalp cutting hairs with sheers.

I helped my wife pass her hair stylist exam... so yeah I know a bit about how to treat hair.
According to the article the burn was caused by mixing two different bleaches together which were not compatible. This is what training and regulation aims to eliminate. The victim didn't sue as the trainee was not insured and she didn't want to ruin her life (also presumably as she was a student she didn't have any money anyway.)
Actually, the person wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Places where you go for cheap haircuts such as a training school's salon you normally have to sign a waiver, saying that you understand that these people are in training and that mistakes might happen.

This though is a little beyond normal... you normally don't mix bleaches together, especially if they are from two separate brands, that being said, the student should have gone to the teacher first if there was a question because to me there was a serious one beforehand.
Last edited by The Conservative on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Women pay over a hundred dollars to color their hair because they tend to be superficial, vain creatures.

Hell, archaeologists keep finding shiny objects they would adorn themselves with in caves and prehistoric settlements. Everybody was living on the edge of existence, and women were already demanding shiny things to look good. "Honey, try to find some shiny rocks on the way back from your mammoth hunt (if you survive)."
Tone down the hate just a bit. Hairstylists get paid $10 - $25/hr depending on their qualification, region they are working in, and the cost of the product they use. If a style takes two to three hours to do, expect to pay $120 for said service minimum.

1/3 of the cost of the hair treatment goes towards the person providing the service, to begin with.
#NotOneRedCent