Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

The Conservative

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Wed May 26, 2021 9:10 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 9:00 am
Is Ace Ventura your delivery man ?
No, this was the time I had the house taken from under me after I bought it... because the owner pulled it from under us after we moved in. (Long story) but we were forced to move out ASAP dealing with BS... Had to hire another moving company and moved into where I am now...

I'll be moving 1200+ miles from where I live, unlike my current moves which has been 50 miles max, I want to make sure they stay say for long-term travel.
#NotOneRedCent

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 28, 2021 11:52 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:18 am
Yeah, I used cardboard the last time... the box broke faster than a 10 cent whore.
I'm not sure I understand the metaphor.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 28, 2021 12:02 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:52 am
The Conservative wrote:
Yeah, I used cardboard the last time... the box broke faster than a 10 cent whore.
What....... you dont use 10 cent whores
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 28, 2021 1:01 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:52 am
The Conservative wrote:
Seriously? You never heard of something breaking faster than a cheap whore? Wow...I'm old...
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm

I mean... cheap whores can put up with a lot more than expensive ones, I’d imagine... :think:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri May 28, 2021 3:22 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:25 pm
I mean... cheap whores can put up with a lot more than expensive ones, I’d imagine... :think:
Can or have?
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:28 am

No fake news articles, just personal interactions on this.

First, my wife mentioned that the last couple times she went grocery shopping the bill has been noticeable higher. When people notice their weekly food bills rising, it isn't a 2-4% increase that gets their attention. Inflation is likely already in double-digits despite all the bullshit the media tries to tell us.

Speaking with a few other friends over the Memorial Day weekend I heard similar things, but on everything from building a home to buying a used car. Prices are going up much faster and higher than we are being fed by the media.

The media is even going to far as to start writing articles saying the economy is set for a boom thanks to stimulus and vaccinations. Google news had an entire section full of articles like this last night.

I wonder how far this goes. With almost 4 years of a Biden (or Harris) administration, I would not be surprised to see things get to the point where people start stealing swing sets from yards for the wood. Is this how Mad Max began?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:15 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:28 am
No fake news articles, just personal interactions on this.

First, my wife mentioned that the last couple times she went grocery shopping the bill has been noticeable higher. When people notice their weekly food bills rising, it isn't a 2-4% increase that gets their attention. Inflation is likely already in double-digits despite all the bullshit the media tries to tell us.

Speaking with a few other friends over the Memorial Day weekend I heard similar things, but on everything from building a home to buying a used car. Prices are going up much faster and higher than we are being fed by the media.

The media is even going to far as to start writing articles saying the economy is set for a boom thanks to stimulus and vaccinations. Google news had an entire section full of articles like this last night.

I wonder how far this goes. With almost 4 years of a Biden (or Harris) administration, I would not be surprised to see things get to the point where people start stealing swing sets from yards for the wood. Is this how Mad Max began?
As long as interest rates hold off increasing for the next few months and I get a "check" from the government for at least two months, I'll accept whatever comes my way. There is a point in time where you accept what is happening and just go with it, or change what you can and hope you can ride out the rest until you come out through the other side.

There is a point in time where you either stop worrying, and hope that all goes well, or panic because you didn't prepare... which I believe we will see a lot more than not because the sheep listen to the wolves.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Meat shortages coming....... cyber attack
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ttack.html

Fill your freezers boys
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:56 pm
Meat shortages coming....... cyber attack
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ttack.html

Fill your freezers boys
I get mine local. Not an issue. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0