THE ERA OF TRUMP

Smitty-48

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:33 pm

ssu wrote:What I was saying was that it is hilarious that someone asks Russia to help to persuade the US administration to change it's mind.
But that's not out of the ordinary, people used to ask the Soviet Union to help persaude the US administartion to change its mind, and most of the time, it was in the US administrations interests to listen to the Soviets, because after Vietnam particulalry, the US was actually loathe to get into confrontations where the Soviets would be backing the opposition, and this was called Détente, and the Democrats were very supportive of it then, even when it was being executed by Richard Nixon.
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:35 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:That's a false equivalence. I could run with a story of someone requesting Iceland do something about McDonalds and it wouldn't mean Iceland has influence over America. Don't be such a rube for MSM tactics.
False strawman, nuke.

If Palestinians asked Russia to influence the incoming US presidents decision, to say a kind word for them about the subject, then it just shows that at least some Palestinians (who you don't care fuck about) think that Russia does have some influence over the US.

Do you get it?

Well, I think that is funny.

Mumble just your MSM tactics.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
ssu wrote:What I was saying was that it is hilarious that someone asks Russia to help to persuade the US administration to change it's mind.
But that's not out of the ordinary, people used to ask the Soviet Union to help persaude the US administartion to change its mind, and most of the time, it was in the US administrations interests to listen to the Soviets, because after Vietnam particulalry, the US was actually loathe to get into confrontations where the Soviets would be backing the opposition, and this was called Détente, and the Democrats were very supportive of it then, even when it was being executed by Richard Nixon.
Ordinary???

I think you don't think someone's enemy is the one to do the persuading. They might ask for help from the Soviet Union, but that would naturally get colder the relationship with the US (to ask help from Russia). A middle man would be some close ally of the US, not the evil empire.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 pm

ssu wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:That's a false equivalence. I could run with a story of someone requesting Iceland do something about McDonalds and it wouldn't mean Iceland has influence over America. Don't be such a rube for MSM tactics.
False strawman, nuke.

If Palestinians asked Russia to influence the incoming US presidents decision, to say a kind word for them about the subject, then it just shows that at least some Palestinians (who you don't care fuck about) think that Russia does have some influence over the US.

Do you get it?

Well, I think that is funny.

Mumble just your MSM tactics.
Right but that doesn't mean those Palestinians are correct in their assessment of Russia's influence on the US.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 pm

The Russians are not the enemy, who has declared war on Russia? I never got that memo. What evil empire? I'm not seeing any evil empires around here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Russians are not the enemy, who has declared war on Russia? I never got that memo.
With the way ssu is prattling on you'd think Finland was at war with Russia. Of course that isn't the case but he sure conducts himself as if it is.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:The Russians are not the enemy, who has declared war on Russia? I never got that memo.
With the way ssu is prattling on you'd think Finland was at war with Russia. Of course that isn't the case but he sure conducts himself as if it is.
Y'know?
Nec Aspera Terrent

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:49 pm

StCapps wrote:Right but that doesn't mean those Palestinians are correct in their assessment of Russia's influence on the US.
Umm.... I did say it was funny.

You guys are so defensive.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The Russians are not the enemy, who has declared war on Russia? I never got that memo. What evil empire? I'm not seeing any evil empires around here.
Getting old Smitty?
Smitty-48 wrote:But that's not out of the ordinary, people used to ask the Soviet Union
Soviet Union, remember, Ronald Reagan and the evil empire?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:53 pm

ssu wrote:
StCapps wrote:Right but that doesn't mean those Palestinians are correct in their assessment of Russia's influence on the US.
Umm.... I did say it was funny.

You guys are so defensive.
I'm not defensive, you're the one who flipped out when I invoked Détente, I simply consider the consequences of moving the US seat of power to Jerusalem, and I find them to be against American interests, if the Palestinians pass on through the Russians that it would be a bad idea, that's not funny, that's a valid case, of which I think the US adminstration should take the advice and not do it, it's not in America's interest to bind themselves wholly to one faction here.
Nec Aspera Terrent