Social Justice Warriors Thread

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:This hatred of pensions as something that was just 'promised' is perplexing.

If your employer came to you and said, I know you did all this work under a contract for an expected compensation, but I am afraid I am not going to pay it, and in fact, am going to retroactively reduce your past paychecks, your anger would be understandable.

If we really think that relearning respect for our fellow citizens is important, we should remind ourselves that respect is reciprocal.

I totally understand why people would freak out. I don't hate people for demanding what they were promised. I hate that government and unions have promised unsustainable dreams. My comments are about reality. This shit is going to go broke, and there will be violence as a result.
The new American dream of lowered expectations for work-a-day jackoffs. When did that become normal?
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:This hatred of pensions as something that was just 'promised' is perplexing.

If your employer came to you and said, I know you did all this work under a contract for an expected compensation, but I am afraid I am not going to pay it, and in fact, am going to retroactively reduce your past paychecks, your anger would be understandable.

If we really think that relearning respect for our fellow citizens is important, we should remind ourselves that respect is reciprocal.

I totally understand why people would freak out. I don't hate people for demanding what they were promised. I hate that government and unions have promised unsustainable dreams. My comments are about reality. This shit is going to go broke, and there will be violence as a result.
The new American dream of lowered expectations for work-a-day jackoffs. When did that become normal?
What the hell is an employer-based pension? How many companies are still around when the pensions are supposed to be paid? 1%? Making promises one has no ability to keep is the same as lying, and using this lying smokescreen, Government has made even BIGGER ridiculous promises BUT they get to force The Public to pony up. The whole idea of government pensions has the added hypocrisy that even though The Law does not hold children responsible for the debts of their father - THE GOVERNMENT DOES.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:41 am

Pensions aren’t the problem, never has been. It’s those that how unions have been abused by those in power.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:49 am

You confuse two different things. If a private employer promised a pension as part of compensation, then the employer has an obligation to pay it if they are still around thirty years later. The entity making the promise is the same entity paying the pension.

When our state and city democrats promise their legions of public union workers a fat pension for the next fifty years in exchange for the votes that keep them in power, you might wave your hands around and try to claim it's the state and city paying those pensions, but it's not. Those pensions are being paid by homeowners in the state and city fifty years from now. Even in terms of today, most of those people do NOT consent to these fucking pensions. Then when the pensions start to bankrupt the entire government, the democrat government starts raising taxes on residents to pay for shit that none of the residents consented to. So what happens? The residents pack their shit and leave.

Because the only way you can pay those pensions in places like Detroit and Chicago in perpetuity is to literally go full-Marxist and refuse to let people leave.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

What the hell is an employer-based pension? How many companies are still around when the pensions are supposed to be paid? 1%? Making promises one has no ability to keep is the same as lying, and using this lying smokescreen, Government has made even BIGGER ridiculous promises BUT they get to force The Public to pony up. The whole idea of government pensions has the added hypocrisy that even though The Law does not hold children responsible for the debts of their father - THE GOVERNMENT DOES.
Well, like one of my favorite pinkos said,

"If credit is imaginary, might as well imagine A LOT of it."

The fact is, those promises were made in good faith from observing an economy of unmitigated growth. Then there was a slump, and even though it is largely recovered, the real smokescreen is that it is has been a perfect excuse to tell regular Americans to lower their expectations, and blame all the wrong people for their ills.

Maybe our expectations should have always been lower, but hindsight is 20/20 innit.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:37 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:

You confuse two different things. If a private employer promised a pension as part of compensation, then the employer has an obligation to pay it if they are still around thirty years later. The entity making the promise is the same entity paying the pension.

When our state and city democrats promise their legions of public union workers a fat pension for the next fifty years in exchange for the votes that keep them in power, you might wave your hands around and try to claim it's the state and city paying those pensions, but it's not. Those pensions are being paid by homeowners in the state and city fifty years from now. Even in terms of today, most of those people do NOT consent to these fucking pensions. Then when the pensions start to bankrupt the entire government, the democrat government starts raising taxes on residents to pay for shit that none of the residents consented to. So what happens? The residents pack their shit and leave.

Because the only way you can pay those pensions in places like Detroit and Chicago in perpetuity is to literally go full-Marxist and refuse to let people leave.
I know, Democrats are all a bunch of unscrupulous degenerates.

But from the perspective of the employee, these are not two different things. They are two very, very, similar (dare I say, exactly the same) things.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:53 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:lower their expectations, and blame all the wrong people for their ills.

Maybe our expectations should have always been lower, but hindsight is 20/20 innit.
The reason bankruptcy is enshrined in The Constitution is because people need to be able to come back from their financial mistakes WHATEVER assurances, promises, oaths they took. Bad judgment isn’t forever.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:02 am

Martin Hash wrote: The reason bankruptcy is enshrined in The Constitution is because people need to be able to come back from their financial mistakes WHATEVER assurances, promises, oaths they took. Bad judgment isn’t forever.
And sometimes slings of arrows pass the guilty by to slay the innocent.

Life isn't fair, but we should try to honor contracts. It is what separates us from beasts. :snooty:
HAIL!

-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:19 am

Martin Hash wrote: The reason bankruptcy is enshrined in The Constitution is because people need to be able to come back from their financial mistakes WHATEVER assurances, promises, oaths they took. Bad judgment isn’t forever.

Life isn't fair, but we should try to honor contracts. It is what separates us from beasts. :snooty:
Social Security needs to be fully socialized. That means it comes out of general progressive tax receipts; people don't pay anything in until they actually make real money. Everybody gets Social Security based on need, there are no government "pensions." No $500K/yr to CA Treasurers, or $250K/year to firefighters in NYC.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:40 am

Martin Hash wrote:

Social Security needs to be fully socialized. That means it comes out of general progressive tax receipts; people don't pay anything in until they actually make real money. Everybody gets Social Security based on need, there are no government "pensions." No $500K/yr to CA Treasurers, or $250K/year to firefighters in NYC.
I notice you removed the part about predicting the future. Wise, this being the Lords day and all.
Deuteronomy 18:20-22 wrote:But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.
There is a lot of prophesying going on of late. But, like the Bible tells us, we can know a true prophet if the prophecy comes true. Admittedly, not the most helpful advice. Still, with this economy blowin' up thanks to MAGA and whatnot, it almost seems like the doomsayers are trying to convince us to lower expectations for their own benefit.

/shrug
HAIL!

-Hwen