Social Justice Warriors Thread

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Guess you could say that I had my first encounter with real SJW idiocy today. I know some of you will get a laugh out of this.

Working in the garden today, planted a whole mess of fruit trees and bushes. 10yo screams for me at the top of his lungs from the front of the house. I drop everything and stumble, then sprint to respond, thinking someone is dying. Turns out he was just letting me know that someone was there to see me.

Whatever, it’s a skinny kid from the power company, offering to sign me up for renewable-only energy, and some kind of price protection for the increased cost. I don’t do salesmen, and I’m still out of breath and annoyed, so I say “I’m good, man”, and turn to track down the damn kid. He says “oh, so you don’t care about the environment, or your kids’ future?”

I turn back and chuckle, saying “I’m working on it”. “Oh, you’re working on it”, he mumbles. I got back in the house and chewed 10yo out, before I realized what the little punk had said to me.

The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. I hope I see that little fucker again.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Sadly, I welcome you to the club.
What you got a taste of is, that he didn't know a thing about you. Had no idea you do your best to grow your own food and live a sustainable life. It was all about him and his ultimatum that if you don't join him, your bad.

I've said this so many times, average folks who are doing good in society everyday are pissed that they get tagged as being uncaring to evil when they didn't do anything wrong.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:57 pm

C-Mag wrote:Sadly, I welcome you to the club.
What you got a taste of is, that he didn't know a thing about you. Had no idea you do your best to grow your own food and live a sustainable life. It was all about him and his ultimatum that if you don't join him, your bad.

I've said this so many times, average folks who are doing good in society everyday are pissed that they get tagged as being uncaring to evil when they didn't do anything wrong.
Well, what bothers me about it is the rudeness. I didn’t care what he thought about me, because he doesn’t know me.

But to walk up to a stranger, in his yard, with 100 lbs and 20 years on you, and mouth off like that when he doesn’t jump at your bullshit offer is just stunning. I’d never even have considered it at his age or now.

Even saying something like that is just begging for a fight. And he should have gotten it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 pm

I've had those experiences before, where later on when you think about it you realize you should have done something. But at the time your more concerned about what you have to deal with and just say, whatever man, and walk away.

We as a society will work out of this. The type of privilege and intolerance displayed to you cannot and will not stand. Unfortunately, they are going to cause a lot of destruction before they fade away.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:30 pm

C-Mag wrote:I've had those experiences before, where later on when you think about it you realize you should have done something. But at the time your more concerned about what you have to deal with and just say, whatever man, and walk away.

We as a society will work out of this. The type of privilege and intolerance displayed to you cannot and will not stand. Unfortunately, they are going to cause a lot of destruction before they fade away.
I certainly hope you’re right, but I’m not optimistic.

I think a whole lot of violence would be required for people to relearn respect for their fellow man.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I've had those experiences before, where later on when you think about it you realize you should have done something. But at the time your more concerned about what you have to deal with and just say, whatever man, and walk away.

I think a whole lot of violence would be required for people to relearn respect for their fellow man.
Or a whole lot of spankings.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:46 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I'm a short term pessimist, long term optimist.
We will go through violence, and carnage. We are a spoiled, pussy society. My dad and mom were kids of the depression there stories of growing up in the 30s are hard to really understand. I will remember until I die sitting at a kids Bday party and the kid is opening all this plastic shit. An old man by me spoke, I'm not even sure it was to me. He said, when I was a kid his age I got an Apple for my Bday, and I was happy to get it.

That sunk in.
We need to be hardened again, it is likely to happen. It will suck. But you and your family will come through it OK, because you see it. The cities are going to have hard times in the near future. We are going to see cities go bankrupt, we are going to see states unable to meet there pension obligations, we will see a reduction in services. People are going to be pissed, because 'they were promised X'. Violence will ensue at some point.

That guy that came to your door had a lot of self importance, but he was likely working for a large corporate group. He is part of the problem.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:54 pm

This hatred of pensions as something that was just 'promised' is perplexing.

If your employer came to you and said, I know you did all this work under a contract for an expected compensation, but I am afraid I am not going to pay it, and in fact, am going to retroactively reduce your past paychecks, your anger would be understandable.

If we really think that relearning respect for our fellow citizens is important, we should remind ourselves that respect is reciprocal.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:This hatred of pensions as something that was just 'promised' is perplexing.

If your employer came to you and said, I know you did all this work under a contract for an expected compensation, but I am afraid I am not going to pay it, and in fact, am going to retroactively reduce your past paychecks, your anger would be understandable.

If we really think that relearning respect for our fellow citizens is important, we should remind ourselves that respect is reciprocal.
Or you could consider rethinking your belief in unfunded liabilities. That might work too.

What you're advocating for is widespread bankruptcy on behalf of government workers who used public unions to secure a lifelong gravy train.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:12 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:This hatred of pensions as something that was just 'promised' is perplexing.

I totally understand why people would freak out. I don't hate people for demanding what they were promised. I hate that government and unions have promised unsustainable dreams. My comments are about reality. This shit is going to go broke, and there will be violence as a result.
PLATA O PLOMO