Compelled Speech in Canada

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Compelled Speech in Canada

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:55 am

DBTrek wrote:The case could be made to go fuck yourself, dude, while I'm taking the piss on Canada.
:twisted:
Right on. Fuck those guys. :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:55 am

There is work-related compelled speech. The chick taking orders at the drive up window can't make her own greeting up, they have a script - "Hello, welcome to Grease City. Would you like to try our new ultra-grease burger today?"

Same with anyone who answers the phone in a call center - they have a script they have to follow.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =123024596

A woman was fired from her job in 2004 for not taking a pro John Kerry sticker off her car.
But Lynne Gobbell's freedom, and yours, disappears every morning when you go to work. The United States Constitution applies to the government, not to corporations. A private business, large or small, can legally ignore your freedom of speech. Where your employer is concerned, you have no such right.
Account abandoned.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

DBTrek wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:No, but none the less, legislated to be arms length from the Queen's Executive, in that, they retain freedom of association and the democratic means to vote for their own internal rules of conduct, with the Crown having nothing to say about it either way, the Crown intervening to determine the rules of their association for them, that would be unconstitutional, but them voting on their own internal rules, not actually.
Can they vote to enslave people too?
Is there anything this organization can do to get the Crown to intervene?
Or are Canadian rights simply a matter of which legislated professional organizations you join?
The Crown can't intervene unless and until they violate the Criminal Code, at which point, the Crown would lay a charge, so if they voted to enslave people, I believe the charge would be "Forcible Confinement", at which point they would be hauled in front of the Judiciary, wherein the Crown would prosecute the charge, and at some point a jury would rule on the case. See how that works?
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am

As long as government workers take an oath to uphold collectivist ideals non conforming gender, I dont see what the problem is. If you want to be a citizen or work for the government, you should have to dedicate yourself to teachings of Karl Marx. Whats wrong with that?
Last edited by heydaralon on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:00 am

Jesus we got the 5th columnist doing overtime to protect Canada today.
WTF?

Listen, if your JOB is reading a script, that's not compelled speech, because you assented to the script when you accepted the job. Neither is being fired for using your position within a company to politically endorse a candidate when the company does not want your views associated with their brand.

Any other closet marxist want to step in on Canada's behalf, or might I continue the piss?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:03 am

DBTrek wrote:Jesus we got the 5th columnist doing overtime to protect Canada today.
WTF?

Listen, if your JOB is reading a script, that's not compelled speech, because you assented to the script when you accepted the job. Neither is being fired for using your position within a company to politically endorse a candidate when the company does not want your views associated with their brand.

Any other closet marxist want to step in on Canada's behalf, or might I continue the piss?
Ok, point taken on the first part... .but how is putting a sticker on your personal car considered using your company to make political speech?
Account abandoned.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:06 am

Y'all really know how to fuck up a good thread when we have Canada on the ropes.

Remember this the next time Smitty and St. Capps are talking mad shit about America and giving y'all the red ass over something dumb happening here. Remember this day. Remember whose side you were on. Turncoats.

All of you are off my Christmas list.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:10 am

DBTrek wrote:
Awww I look forward to those cute little gifts you send me each year.
Account abandoned.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:22 am

DBTrek wrote:Y'all really know how to fuck up a good thread when we have Canada on the ropes.

Remember this the next time Smitty and St. Capps are talking mad shit about America and giving y'all the red ass over something dumb happening here. Remember this day. Remember whose side you were on. Turncoats.

Ain't our problem that you Yanks have to reach so often to attack Canada, while me and Smitty take the low hanging fruit with our cogent analysis of the many pitfalls of living in America. It's a dumb statement to make the lawyers sign, but it's not that big of a deal that they are dumb enough to force themselves to sign it.
/shrugs

No need to cry unconstitutional violation of free speech, just point out how dumb the statement is instead, problem solved. Low hanging fruit, grab some.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Kath wrote:There is work-related compelled speech. The chick taking orders at the drive up window can't make her own greeting up, they have a script - "Hello, welcome to Grease City. Would you like to try our new ultra-grease burger today?"

Same with anyone who answers the phone in a call center - they have a script they have to follow.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =123024596

A woman was fired from her job in 2004 for not taking a pro John Kerry sticker off her car.
But Lynne Gobbell's freedom, and yours, disappears every morning when you go to work. The United States Constitution applies to the government, not to corporations. A private business, large or small, can legally ignore your freedom of speech. Where your employer is concerned, you have no such right.

*cough* NFL *cough*