Re: By NJ standards Antifa is now a Domestic Twrrorist group

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:40 am

Okeefenokee wrote:i think you mean jews
Nope, not by religion or ethnicity.
:royalty-queen:

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:42 am

TheReal_ND wrote:The Irish got sent off on press gangs to get cut down. The nativists got sent off on press gangs. Nobody won and nobody got a say in the way their city was settled.

Ugh my head hurts I am hungover
Take Motrin, not Tylenol, so you don't screw your liver up even more.

NYC has always been shaped by waves of immigration, from the early Dutch to the present.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:47 am

So?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:56 am

the universe has always been shaped by movement.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:01 am

What's that got to do with settling the dispute? You think the Irish were fighting for the entire third world to move into the city?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:05 am

the irish have always been a fighting people.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:11 am

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:07 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:What's that got to do with settling the dispute? You think the Irish were fighting for the entire third world to move into the city?
They were the third world back then.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:37 pm

No they weren't. The third world is still the same now as it was back then. The Irish may have been starving but they shared a common heritage with other Europeans. As different as they were I seriously doubt they would have fought to ship in Muslims and Chinamen to take over their shops and trades. In fact they were vehemently opposed to chinamen in San Fran to the point of getting laws passed to bar them from work.

I swear the answer is always the same with you people.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:No they weren't. The third world is still the same now as it was back then. The Irish may have been starving but they shared a common heritage with other Europeans. As different as they were I seriously doubt they would have fought to ship in Muslims and Chinamen to take over their shops and trades. In fact they were vehemently opposed to chinamen in San Fran to the point of getting laws passed to bar them from work.
They didn't want other Europeans here. The timeline of immigration in NYC: the English came and took New Amsterdam. The Germans came and the English weren't thrilled. The Irish came and the Protestants didn't want them taking their jobs. The Africans were freed and a massive southern diaspora to the East took place; no one wanted them taking white people's jobs. The Italians came here and the Irish didn't want them taking their jobs. The Jews came here and the previous European immigrants were certain they were stealing all the opportunities. Then the Latinos came here and the Italians didn't want them taking their jobs, and on and on. The reality is that immigrants built the greatest city in the world, successively, while all believing that the people putting the next block on the pile were destroying what the previous waves had built.

Go-getters will go get theirs. I don't care where they come from as long as they're continuing in that tradition.