Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Penner

Re: Another Reason the Wall is Dumb

Post by Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Penner wrote:Yeah, I can't see them wanting to build over the water and they will probably use the river as a natural border between US and Mexico (which is what we currently already have been doing for roughly 200 years).
You ain't from around here, are you?
In all honestly, I can see them placing this Wall north of the Rio Grand but not actually running through it (kind of what they did when building Bush's Wall).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:13 pm

Yeah, they probably won't build the wall at the bottom of a riverbed that fills with water once per year.. :think: :clap:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Why? Why build your wall on a moving river? Seriously wtf dude? I want to see the things you see.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:16 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Why? Why build your wall on a moving river? Seriously wtf dude? I want to see the things you see.

You have to roll a huge Cheech and Chong-sized joint using the latest NYT issue as the rolling paper and smoke that shit up in your van while parked in the median of the freeway.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:20 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Yeah, they probably won't build the wall at the bottom of a riverbed that fills with water once per year.. :think: :clap:
Da fuck did you mean by all of that other shit with Okee? The two of you really did think that they will actually build the wall, in the actual riverbed?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:24 pm

The premise is that no they would not. They will probably build it 100 yards inland and that's after seriously irrigating the surrounding land with moat like ditches because we do flood out the blue. It's going to require private ranchers to give up their land tbh.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:35 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:The premise is that no they would not. They will probably build it 100 yards inland and that's after seriously irrigating the surrounding land with moat like ditches because we do flood out the blue. It's going to require private ranchers to give up their land tbh.
I'd pay fifty bucks for a brick with my name on it to go on the wall, and the money can go to the people who have to give up some land.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Penner wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Yeah, they probably won't build the wall at the bottom of a riverbed that fills with water once per year.. :think: :clap:
Da fuck did you mean by all of that other shit with Okee? The two of you really did think that they will actually build the wall, in the actual riverbed?
Last I checked, by treaty, the river is the border. If the river moves, and it has before, the wall could become too far south or north.

If anyone whines about how small it is, well all it could take is some very heavy rainfall/flooding to switch the riverbed.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:The premise is that no they would not. They will probably build it 100 yards inland and that's after seriously irrigating the surrounding land with moat like ditches because we do flood out the blue. It's going to require private ranchers to give up their land tbh.
Will Mexico pay in USD or will the ranchers have to accept pesos or UN vouchers for payment?

The wall is just as much a fantasy as repealing Obamacare. Maybe even more of a fantasy.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:49 am

Fife wrote:The wall is just as much a fantasy as repealing Obamacare. Maybe even more of a fantasy.
Interesting, I'd wager that that repealing Obamacare is actually more of a fantasy, and that is saying something. On Obamacare, the Overton window narrowed so much that there is ZERO percent chance that we will have a healthcare law based on personal responsibility, whereas the Overton window regarding the wall might actually be enlarging.