THE ERA OF TRUMP

Okeefenokee

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm
People rarely teach things they don't believe at all.
How many of his lectures did you sit in on?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Does the Constitution not lay out our core values?
You posing revisionist history that Obama was a strict Constitutionalist is what I find hilarious.

http://archive.is/bklCo

https://www.google.com/search?ei=SDs0W4 ... gsLUa0t_ig
I didn't say or imply that, not even remotely. What I said is that he had some feeling for the Constitution as the bedrock of American values. People rarely teach things they don't believe at all.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

WOMP WOMP

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 pm

MilSpecs wrote:

I didn't say or imply that, not even remotely. What I said is that he had some feeling for the Constitution as the bedrock of American values. People rarely teach things they don't believe at all.
What???? Your second sentence contradicts your first.

Or he could understand the Constitution well enough to see it as an obstacle to have been overcome and just how to go about doing it when it suited him. My guess to his mind is just as likely as yours. Your last statement implies you know exactly what he believes about the Constitution, which is impossible for you to know.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:45 pm

It's literally in the ruling that you posted. Literally.
The ruling states that the state overstepped their bounds and didn't follow the letter of the law. I stated that SCOTUS itself deals in logic, and not emotion. How am I wrong here?
That is not what it said.
“a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection”
That is what it said.
Wow, you really are having a hard time with comprehension.
#NotOneRedCent

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:00 pm

The ruling states that the state overstepped their bounds and didn't follow the letter of the law. I stated that SCOTUS itself deals in logic, and not emotion. How am I wrong here?
That is not what it said.
“a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection”
That is what it said.
Wow, you really are having a hard time with comprehension.
The decision did not say that what the government did was wrong. It said the government's action was motivated by,

"a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs motivating his objection”

and that openly displaying that hostility, rather than appearing impartial, is what was wrong.

You're the last motherfucker around here who needs to bring up comprehension.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Haumana wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 pm
MilSpecs wrote:

Or he could understand the Constitution well enough to see it as an obstacle to have been overcome and just how to go about doing it when it suited him. My guess to his mind is just as likely as yours. Your last statement implies you know exactly what he believes about the Constitution, which is impossible for you to know.
"Some feeling" is far from "exactly."
:royalty-queen:

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm
Haumana wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

Still a guess that you made up in your head that you can live with. Meaningless really but yet you present yours with some sort of weird conviction of being righteous about it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Obama Spying was not Constitutional
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:03 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Haumana wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:

I'd wager his lectures went about the same as the ones I had to attend where I was told whites needed to give up being white and become black. That class was called Intro to America Studies.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Haumana wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:50 pm
MilSpecs wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Still a guess that you made up in your head that you can live with. Meaningless really but yet you present yours with some sort of weird conviction of being righteous about it.
You're attempting to distract from the issue at hand. Obama is not the president. Trump is, and in all his years he hasn't shown any interest in American values other than to further his personal power and access to money. Further, he's displayed a consistent disregard for what most would consider American decency common to most of us. He's achieved the pinnacle of power allowed within the limits of the Constitution. Forget your personal political leanings - how long will it be before he finds a way to get past those limits?
:royalty-queen: