THE ERA OF TRUMP

Penner

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Part of Laural Bush's op-ed yesterday:
On Sunday, a day we as a nation set aside to honor fathers and the bonds of family, I was among the millions of Americans who watched images of children who have been torn from their parents. In the six weeks between April 19 and May 31, the Department of Homeland Security has sent nearly 2,000 children to mass detention centers or foster care. More than 100 of these children are younger than 4 years old. The reason for these separations is a zero-tolerance policy for their parents, who are accused of illegally crossing our borders.

I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart.

Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the internment camps for U.S. citizens and noncitizens of Japanese descent during World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history. We also know that this treatment inflicts trauma; those who have been interned have been twice as likely to suffer cardiovascular disease or die prematurely than those who were not interned.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 51948e75e5

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm
Here are some pictures (along with an article) of the detention centers:
Better verify your sources. A whole boatload of these pictures are from 2014, under Obama. Remember all the outrage back then? Yeah, me neither.

2014 Obama:

Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Laural Bush has spoken out and wrote an op-ed for the Washington Post:
Meanwhile, Bush, who almost never speaks out on political issues, broke partisan ranks in a Washington Post op-ed.

“I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart,” she wrote.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... al-n884136

Well, former First Ladies that have spend their days riding the coattails of their husbands are a very reliable source, here's another one ……………………………..
Hillary Clinton Says Separating Families at Border Is ‘Horrific

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-horrific
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:24 pm
Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:50 pm
Here are some pictures (along with an article) of the detention centers:
Better verify your sources. A whole boatload of these pictures are from 2014, under Obama. Remember all the outrage back then? Yeah, me neither.

2014 Obama:
+1

Anyone horrified by this, I suggest a Grassroots fix. Afterall, we always like Grassroots responses.
Send these migrants your address and become a sponsor for a migrant family, invite them into your home.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:29 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm
Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm
Well, Trump IS separating kids from their parents at the border:

Here is an audio of one of them:

My emotions are unaffected, gonna need more weeping.

Is Trump down there personally tearing babes from their poor mothers arms, or perhaps are US Border Patrol Agents and ICE following the laws of the United States of America ?
Trump can literally pick up the phone and call Sessions to immediately end this within minutes. Bush didn't do this, Obama didn't do this. Only Trump has done this.
That is a lie. All of it. The law is being followed and is pretty clear on this. Children cannot be held in detention with their families. Let me know when other people who break the law get to take thier children with them to jail. Or why you would even want that to happen.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Penner wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:20 pm
Laural Bush has spoken out and wrote an op-ed for the Washington Post:
Meanwhile, Bush, who almost never speaks out on political issues, broke partisan ranks in a Washington Post op-ed.

“I live in a border state. I appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries, but this zero-tolerance policy is cruel. It is immoral. And it breaks my heart,” she wrote.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... al-n884136
Luaral and Hardy Bush has the same and perfect right as you, Penns. Invite everyone over to your place. How many families are staying at your place? Same as the number staying rent free over at Laural's I'm guessing.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Penner wrote:

Obama didn't do this. Only Trump has done this.

Deportation Separated Thousands Of U.S.-Born Children From Parents In 2013
Check every single thing you see on FB. I find that most of it is easily dismissed with a single stop at Snopes. Not much in the way of facts on FB, seriously. I try to limit myself to clicking like on friend's baby-pics. When I do venture in to put some facts into the mix, I'm attacked by rabid dogs. Madness.
There were 39,410 removals of parents who said they had U.S.-born children in the first half of 2013, according to one report. Sixty-two percent of those who were deported came from the interior of the U.S., while 38 percent were apprehended near the border. In both categories, strong majorities of those deported had been convicted of a crime, according to the report. ICE reported that 98 percent of its removals of parents of U.S.-born children in the first half of 2013 were considered priorities for deportation.

In the second half of the year, there were 33,000 removals of parents who claimed U.S.-born children. A majority — 63 percent — came from the U.S. interior, and 98 percent of the total fit ICE priorities, according to the report.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Yeah, we need a new social media network that is just baby pics, dogs and cats, and maybe some gym thot pics.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm
Penner wrote:

Obama didn't do this. Only Trump has done this.

Deportation Separated Thousands Of U.S.-Born Children From Parents In 2013
Check every single thing you see on FB. I find that most of it is easily dismissed with a single stop at Snopes. Not much in the way of facts on FB, seriously. I try to limit myself to clicking like on friend's baby-pics. When I do venture in to put some facts into the mix, I'm attacked by rabid dogs. Madness.
There were 39,410 removals of parents who said they had U.S.-born children in the first half of 2013, according to one report. Sixty-two percent of those who were deported came from the interior of the U.S., while 38 percent were apprehended near the border. In both categories, strong majorities of those deported had been convicted of a crime, according to the report. ICE reported that 98 percent of its removals of parents of U.S.-born children in the first half of 2013 were considered priorities for deportation.

In the second half of the year, there were 33,000 removals of parents who claimed U.S.-born children. A majority — 63 percent — came from the U.S. interior, and 98 percent of the total fit ICE priorities, according to the report.
It's from VOX and not FB. These videos/photos came from Trump:

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status ... 8816560128

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status ... 93/photo/1

Here is the LA Time article that they quote and it's dated June 17, 2018:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-tex ... story.html

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Here is video. They were all released by the CPB this weekend (click on the link to watch the video):
New images reveal migrant children separated from parents living in cages
U.S. officials released images over the weekend showing conditions inside an old warehouse in South Texas, where hundreds of immigrant children wait in a series of metal cages, with children using large foil sheets as blankets.
https://globalnews.ca/video/4280085/new ... g-in-cages