THE ERA OF TRUMP

GloryofGreece

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Does Bush jr non service or Trumps literal non service piss off more vets?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Doesn't matter anymore. BJ Clinton broke the long line of WWII Generation Presidents from Eisenhower through GHW Bush. 8 Presidents in a row over 40 years. The Silent Generation never had a POTUS, most those guys were vets. The Boomers are mostly not vets, of the 4 Baby Boomer Presidents only W Bush had any military service.

If you are hanging on to that in any way or trying to score points off it you are behind the times pal.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm
Doesn't matter anymore. BJ Clinton broke the long line of WWII Generation Presidents from Eisenhower through GHW Bush. 8 Presidents in a row over 40 years. The Silent Generation never had a POTUS, most those guys were vets. The Boomers are mostly not vets, of the 4 Baby Boomer Presidents only W Bush had any military service.

If you are hanging on to that in any way or trying to score points off it you are behind the times pal.
Why doesn't it matter anymore?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:21 pm

Why doesn't it matter anymore?

Military Vets make up 1 % of the population, they know they are cream of the crop and the general population can't keep up. Afterall, it's harder to get into the military than it is most colleges these days.
PLATA O PLOMO

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:08 pm

More like fake news propaganda. CNN or Vox probably feed her some line about how evil Reagan started it.
Yes. You are correct. I will quote:
The answer is quite simple. The President of the United States is a civilian. He is not a member of the US Military and is therefore not entitled to salute. The military salute is a privilege earned by honorable service in the military. It is also a privilege that can be taken away. Military prisoners are stripped of the privilege of saluting. While the President is Constitutionally the CINC, he is not a member of the military.
So, all that said, where does the tradition of saluting by the president come from? Many believe it began with President Ronald Reagan. He certainly was the first to consistantly exercise the hand salute, but during my research I also found a photograph of President Franklin Roosevelt engaging in what appears to be a hand salute. More frequently he was shown saluting by placing his hand, or hat, over his heart as in the photo above.
About the tradition, Ronald Reagan said,

I never ceased to enjoy reviewing our men and women in uniform and hope I started a new tradition for presidents. As Commander In Chief, I discovered it was customary for our uniformed men and women to salute whenever they saw me. When I'd walk down the steps of a helicopter, for example, there was always a Marine waiting there to salute me.
I was told presidents weren't supposed to return salutes, so I didn't, but this made me feel a little uncomfortable.
Here's the link to the loony lefty site I gathered this information from:
http://www.texasgopvote.com/military-sa ... ute-002816
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:54 am

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/15/trump-a ... -more.html

"Imposing tariffs places the cost of China's unfair trade practices squarely on the shoulders of American consumers, manufacturers, farmers, and ranchers," he said in a statement.
Lolz - conveniently he fails to mention that cheap foreign goods ruined the American manufacturing sector...destroyed jobs....and makes the PRC more powerful....

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:04 am

Trump's action drew support from one of the president's biggest critics, the Senate's top Democrat, Chuck Schumer, who said "Trump's actions are on the money."

Chuck Schumer

@SenSchumer
.@realDonaldTrump’s actions on China are on the money. China is our real trade enemy, & their theft of intellectual property & their refusal to let our companies compete fairly threatens millions of future US jobs.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 am

Fucking MAGA.

He should have been doing this stuff a year ago.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 am

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:36 am

President Trump:
I beat Clinton dynasty. I beat Bush dynasty, and now, I guess, hopefully I’m in the process of beating very dishonest intelligence.

Fucking Wrecking Ball, I hope he can do it and stay alive.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/0 ... nce-video/
PLATA O PLOMO