Social Justice Warriors Thread

The Conservative

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: Well, since 'race' doesn't actually mean anything, the term is pretty useless from the start. But, if we're going to panic about 'whites becoming a minority', then lets at least get the definition of a minority clear.

No? Not happening? Ok, then you guys keep screaming about a non-existent group taking on a feelz status that you don't like. I'll just be over here at the bar... :lol:
wat
There's no such thing as "whites" or "blacks", because nobody can even agree on what makes a person one of those two groups. Also, they're intermarrying all over the place, so there's no point in arguing about the status of each 'group'.

I was hoping that we could at least agree on wtf a "minority" is, but we ended up talking about 'status' and 'feelz', rather than demographics.

In that case, there's no discussion to be had, other than "I don't like what I feel like!". And that's great. Go have that discussion, and I'll go have a dark pint of stout.
Well, the color of your skin works pretty well on defining that...
#NotOneRedCent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:19 pm

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
wat
There's no such thing as "whites" or "blacks", because nobody can even agree on what makes a person one of those two groups. Also, they're intermarrying all over the place, so there's no point in arguing about the status of each 'group'.

I was hoping that we could at least agree on wtf a "minority" is, but we ended up talking about 'status' and 'feelz', rather than demographics.

In that case, there's no discussion to be had, other than "I don't like what I feel like!". And that's great. Go have that discussion, and I'll go have a dark pint of stout.
The point he is getting at is that there is no real scientific meaning to the designation of white or black, not that the designation does not exist.

Yes, your eyes can tell you what color someone is, but it has no meaning beyond that.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:20 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

The point he is getting at is that there is no real scientific meaning to the designation of white or black, not that the designation does not exist.

Yes, your eyes can tell you what color someone is, but it has no meaning beyond that.
Then why do we need all these special compensations for people if that's true?
#NotOneRedCent

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
The Conservative wrote:

Then why do we need all these special compensations for people if that's true?
Because of the social aspects of our stupid monkey brains unfortunately. The current racial divide is more a consequence of culture than anything really.

I personally think we should be making a swift move towards ending that kind of stuff because it is just exacerbating our differences than anything, but what can you do?

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:31 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

If you want to claim that the definitions of race a becoming harder and harder to actually put in specific, concrete terms, with zero uncertainty - fine.

But to say that there's no such thing as 'white' and 'black' is ridiculous. I show up at a Black Lives Matter rally and proclaim "THERE's NO SUCH THING AS 'BLACK' PEOPLE," I'm, best case scenario going to get surrounded and screamed at, worst case, my ass beat. Same thing if I show up at a true White Supremacist rally and claim the flip side of the coin. It's what's in front of you.

No one is going to bother in conversation with "Excuse me, would you mind submitting to an ancestry DNA test and give me a 500 word count paper on your cultural proclivities so that I may better classify you specifically?"

You look at someone and go "White, or Black, or Latino, or Asian, or 'I don't fucking know'" It's the reality that you see. It's also the reality of current climate of identity politics. Like it or not, it's where we are.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

If you want to claim that the definitions of race a becoming harder and harder to actually put in specific, concrete terms, with zero uncertainty - fine.

But to say that there's no such thing as 'white' and 'black' is ridiculous. I show up at a Black Lives Matter rally and proclaim "THERE's NO SUCH THING AS 'BLACK' PEOPLE," I'm, best case scenario going to get surrounded and screamed at, worst case, my ass beat. Same thing if I show up at a true White Supremacist rally and claim the flip side of the coin. It's what's in front of you.

No one is going to bother in conversation with "Excuse me, would you mind submitting to an ancestry DNA test and give me a 500 word count paper on your cultural proclivities so that I may better classify you specifically?"

You look at someone and go "White, or Black, or Latino, or Asian, or 'I don't fucking know'" It's the reality that you see. It's also the reality of current climate of identity politics. Like it or not, it's where we are.
Sadly, you’re right. Those people are cancer.

But their propensity to beat you up has nothing to do with the validity of their claim. They’re a sad remnant of a failed system, and a political party that panders to them. Conversely, we have another sad remnant that claims they are “white” and being oppressed. And a political party that panders to them as well.

Now why would we have a race division in this country? Surely it can’t be the 2-Party system?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

But their propensity to beat you up has nothing to do with the validity of their claim. They’re a sad remnant if a failed system, and a political party that panders to them.
The determination of one's race is done by what's in front of their face. Majority of the developed world will do this. Getting them to adopt some 'transcendent' view on race is going to be a very difficult proposition. Especially when most of the academic intelligentsia, who lauds science on one hand, will use the other hand to pen the article about "white people need to recognize white privilege and make way for non-whites."

The validity of the claim as it relates to race being sorcery, to them and many people on this planet, is of little consequence.

EDIT: I'd say 2-party system is definitely one reason why we have a racial divide.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:51 pm

I suppose the problem will sort itself out, eventually... No point in freaking out about it.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Kazmyr wrote:No one is going to bother in conversation with "Excuse me, would you mind submitting to an ancestry DNA test and give me a 500 word count paper on your cultural proclivities so that I may better classify you specifically?"
I dunno, the Law Society of Canada might.
They might require a 1 page written description of your ethnicity before allowing you to practice law.
:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Kazmyr wrote:

But their propensity to beat you up has nothing to do with the validity of their claim. They’re a sad remnant if a failed system, and a political party that panders to them.
The determination of one's race is done by what's in front of their face. Majority of the developed world will do this. Getting them to adopt some 'transcendent' view on race is going to be a very difficult proposition. Especially when most of the academic intelligentsia, who lauds science on one hand, will use the other hand to pen the article about "white people need to recognize white privilege and make way for non-whites."

The validity of the claim as it relates to race being sorcery, to them and many people on this planet, is of little consequence.

EDIT: I'd say 2-party system is definitely one reason why we have a racial divide.