Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Re: THE ERA OF TRUMP

Post by Fife » Thu May 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Great defense there, Benny.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu May 10, 2018 1:52 pm

The CIA closed its original 'black site' years ago. But its legacy of torture lives on in Thailand
In February 2015, security forces in southern Thailand hauled in a 26-year-old Muslim man and demanded he confess to participating in a violent separatist insurgency. Officers tied him to a chair, covered his face with a shirt and poured water into his mouth until he choked.

It was one of dozens of torture cases documented by human rights groups in which Thais have been subjected to mock executions, held in painful “stress positions,” deprived of sleep or waterboarded.

The methods were introduced here in 2002 — by the CIA.

Thailand was home to the agency’s first secret prison, or “black site,” after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. There, American officers repeatedly waterboarded at least two high-profile detainees, part of the so-called enhanced interrogation techniques that much of the world would later describe as torture.

In all, 10 CIA prisoners were arrested or held on Thai soil before being transferred without due process to the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba or to other countries, according to a 2013 report by the Open Society Justice Initiative, which has studied the detention program.

That dark chapter in CIA history has reemerged with President Trump’s nomination of a new director, Gina Haspel, a career undercover officer who oversaw the Thai black site in late 2002. At her confirmation hearing, which is scheduled for May 9, Haspel will face sharp questions from senators who argue that the tactics failed to extract useful intelligence and damaged U.S. standing in the world.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 11, 2018 3:55 pm

The Deep State Coup against Trump is unraveling with increasing speed.

Early this week was the revelation that the FBI planted an Agent inside the Trump Campaign, now this.
DEVELOPING: A major new front is opening in the political espionage scandal. In summer 2016, Brennan with his FBI liaison Strzok, along with help from Kerry @ State, were trying to set Russian espionage traps for minor players in the Trump campaign through cultivated intel assets

Paul Sperry, New York Post
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri May 11, 2018 5:58 pm

What I find shocking is how many Americans are willing to tolerate a treasonous attempted coup as long as the coup targets their political enemies.

That's a really bad sign.

If this happened against the Obama admin, I don't think you would see so many Americans who vote republican for the most part turning a blind eye, but maybe I am wrong about that. Either way, this is really bad.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What I find shocking is how many Americans are willing to tolerate a treasonous attempted coup as long as the coup targets their political enemies.

If this happened against the Obama admin, I don't think you would see so many Americans who vote republican for the most part turning a blind eye, but maybe I am wrong about that. Either way, this is really bad.
It is shocking that we have so many Americans unwilling to accept the results of a free and fair election. Trump supporters aren't blind to it either, the pic of the poster at the top of the page is proof of that. The inability of the Left to accept the election results has put is in very dangerous territorry.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri May 11, 2018 9:54 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What I find shocking is how many Americans are willing to tolerate a treasonous attempted coup as long as the coup targets their political enemies.

It did happen. The GOP leadership met on the night of the 2008 election, and vowed to oppose all measures proposed by Obama. Greatest Filibuster Congress in history.

Funny how we’re all special victims as it suits us.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 pm

lol

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 pm

Fife wrote:The CIA closed its original 'black site' years ago. But its legacy of torture lives on in Thailand
In February 2015, security forces in southern Thailand hauled in a 26-year-old Muslim man and demanded he confess to participating in a violent separatist insurgency. Officers tied him to a chair, covered his face with a shirt and poured water into his mouth until he choked.

It was one of dozens of torture cases documented by human rights groups in which Thais have been subjected to mock executions, held in painful “stress positions,” deprived of sleep or waterboarded.

The methods were introduced here in 2002 — by the CIA.

Thailand was home to the agency’s first secret prison, or “black site,” after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. There, American officers repeatedly waterboarded at least two high-profile detainees, part of the so-called enhanced interrogation techniques that much of the world would later describe as torture.

In all, 10 CIA prisoners were arrested or held on Thai soil before being transferred without due process to the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba or to other countries, according to a 2013 report by the Open Society Justice Initiative, which has studied the detention program.

That dark chapter in CIA history has reemerged with President's Trump’s nomination of a new director, Gina Haspel, a career undercover officer who oversaw the Thai black site in late 2002. At her confirmation hearing, which is scheduled for May 9, Haspel will face sharp questions from senators who argue that the tactics failed to extract useful intelligence and damaged U.S. standing in the world.

Anyone willing to overlook this?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

It did happen. The GOP leadership met on the night of the 2008 election, and vowed to oppose all measures proposed by Obama. Greatest Filibuster Congress in history.

Funny how we’re all special victims as it suits us.
I'm not sure the voting record supports that.

What Americans didn't do election night 2008 is plan and active resistence throughout the country, get the FBI and IC to stage a coup against Obama, work with foreign agents to dummy up evidence to over turn the election. There were no irritated vagina marches on Washington.

No, what you find is support for Obama went sky high across the board for Obama between election night and his inauguration. He only started to lose support when he cam out with his stimulus spending bill.
PLATA O PLOMO